Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Fajitas are a favorite at my house. I need to come up with a veggie version. I debated whether to eat the salmon or not lol . It was good, but honestly I could have skipped it.

I am sure it is hard to cook in some one else's kitchen. You just don't have the things you are used to.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

Fajitas are a favorite at my house. I need to come up with a veggie version. I debated whether to eat the salmon or not lol . It was good, but honestly I could have skipped it.

I am sure it is hard to cook in some one else's kitchen. You just don't have the things you are used to.

Yeah, wasn't the same experience, cooking wise, but I got the job done. I've made fajitas some time back before surgery using portobello mushrooms with peppers and onions. Used corn tortillas with them. It was really good, but at the time my husband really wasn't on board with WFPB and complained about it. Lol. I think I'll make them again sometime.

I went running in a different location today with my hubby. It was the first time he has joined me. We went to a local park that has some hills. I was a little worried about him running as he has a bad knee and you know that man macho pride makes them keep going even when it hurts... It was fun and I hit some personal bests today, longest run, fastest pace, and most calories burned!!

So I can say without a doubt this WFPB diet does not hold you back at all with performance. Yesterday I consumed 53g Protein, 64g carbs, and 53g fat for a total of 924 calories. I need to eat more carbs and less fat. I think my protein is fine. My diet is a work in progress as I transition because old habits die slowly. Everyday I am choosing healthier items purposely, and I get closer and closer to the ideal I have in my mind.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Had Surgery On May 15, 2017

SW: 223

Weight Lost: 40lbs

Current Weight: 183lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Best decision I have ever made!

11 hours ago, Yve108 said:

Hey there lady! Welcome to the thread! I agree, it's one of the best decisions I've made too and I don't regret it a bit.

2 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Hey everyone haven't been on in a while just checking in
HW: 295
Sw:277
CW:222
Happy weight : two piece bathing suit
Goal weight: 175

Anyone considering plastic surgery ?? I have my surgery date June 2018
IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0760.JPG

You look fabulous 😄

I am considering a TT and a breast lift. I am waiting to see what i look like closer to One year out to make a final decision. I am saving up though just in case.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, Yve108 said:

I agree!! So many great things have happened to me as a result of having the surgery. I know for a fact I wouldn't be as healthy as I am now if I hadn't done it.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:16 AM, queenbee88 said:

Anyone considering plastic surgery ?? I have my surgery date June 2018

Lady you look awesome!!! Wow! You already have a date? Didn't know that can be done so far in advance. I am planning a breast lift for sure!!!! I'll have to wait till I'm closer to goal or at to determine whether I think I need a TT. I'm hoping my skin kind of ounces back a little. There's hope! 🤣

Well, getting back to some routine here after Harvey. CC was spared the devastation, we had a bunch of mess (no power, tons of trees down, etc), but our neighbors, Rockport and Aransas Pass weren't spared. They're only 30 miles northeast of us so it's heartbreaking. Many members of my church are helping out over there as well. If I had someplace to put my kids, I'd be there too. School is out until Tuesday and so I haven't been able to go back to work either. It's just been a mess all around, but God is good. I'm thankful for the unity and love that is being shown and sown these days.

So, back to focusing on my WFPB way and getting my kitchen finished!!!!!! Lol. Yep, still not done. Smh🤦🏾‍♀️

Edited by Newme17

Glad you are starting to return to a more normal routine. My hubby's National Guard unit is asking for volunteers to go to Houston and help with the clean up and other tasks. He may end up going, but to early to know just yet.

I hope the government really steps up and helps everyone get back on their feet.

Lady you look awesome!!! Wow! You already have a date? Didn't know that can be done so far in advance. I am planning a breast lift for sure!!!! I'll have to wait till I'm closer to goal or at to determine whether I think I need a TT. I'm hoping my skin kind of ounces back a little. There's hope! 🤣

Yes I got a date I made a down payment and all I have up until my surgery date to pay it off hoping my skin just bounce it's only my arms I'm concerned about everything else looks good June 15 2018 is my date

12 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Yes I got a date I made a down payment and all I have up until my surgery date to pay it off hoping my skin just bounce it's only my arms I'm concerned about everything else looks good June 15 2018 is my date

That's a good motivator to not spend your money elsewhere huh? :)

That's a good motivator to not spend your money elsewhere huh? [emoji4]

I been following this doctor for three years and yes my insurance cover my breast reduction and lift I'm just paying for my butt to get done

12 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Glad you are starting to return to a more normal routine. My hubby's National Guard unit is asking for volunteers to go to Houston and help with the clean up and other tasks. He may end up going, but to early to know just yet.

I hope the government really steps up and helps everyone get back on their feet.

Even if the gov didn't, there are thousands of Texans here that are committed. A contractor at my church is out rebuilding already, tons of people I know are pitching in any way they can. Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to get out and help what we can as well. We will take our children and have them help. It'll be a good lesson for them to be grateful for what they have. :)