Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

I used the scale for Breakfast, leftover eggs and veggies. This time I only measured 3 oz total. I ate 2.2 oz and then I was full. So last night was 2.9 oz, but I failed to mentioned, I felt stuffed. its amazing how much .7 oz does for a sleeve.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning ya'll!

It's a beautiful TOO HOT day here in south Texas. I don't really have much to do either, which is NICE. I mean, the usual things, clean the house, etc., I'm sure I'll make myself busy today. The kitchen still needs some finishing touches...my husband and I are planning on working on that later. I do have to run an errand today, but I don't want to take all three of my kids to do a quick run in. I'll wait till my hubby's home from work. The kids are busy, one is watching Netflix, the other reading her bible on her phone. The oldest, still asleep.

I plan to get to the gym later, probably tonight. I was looking at my arms and they're indeed getting flabby. But I'm not too concerned about them, I'm just hoping my skin kind of bounces back a bit after a year or two. I still have more fat to rid of and muscle to gain, so in time...besides it's only been 3 months, still a long ways to go.

Ooh, I have noticed more hair than usual in the shower these days....again, not too concerned. I have lots of hair and it won't do too much damage I hope. Anyone else start the losing hair deal?

I am losing hair too. I have thick hair though so I am not too worried. My nails look horrible though🙁Thin and splitting.

I am worried about lose skin too. I also think my face is gaining some wrinkles. I guess like you said, we will just have to wait and see how things tighten up as we go along.

Have fun at the gym tonight!

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning ya'll!

It's a beautiful TOO HOT day here in south Texas. I don't really have much to do either, which is NICE. I mean, the usual things, clean the house, etc., I'm sure I'll make myself busy today. The kitchen still needs some finishing touches...my husband and I are planning on working on that later. I do have to run an errand today, but I don't want to take all three of my kids to do a quick run in. I'll wait till my hubby's home from work. The kids are busy, one is watching Netflix, the other reading her bible on her phone. The oldest, still asleep.

I plan to get to the gym later, probably tonight. I was looking at my arms and they're indeed getting flabby. :( But I'm not too concerned about them, I'm just hoping my skin kind of bounces back a bit after a year or two. I still have more fat to rid of and muscle to gain, so in time...besides it's only been 3 months, still a long ways to go.

Ooh, I have noticed more hair than usual in the shower these days....again, not too concerned. I have lots of hair and it won't do too much damage I hope. Anyone else start the losing hair deal?

Omg I've started to notice more hair also....😔 I've prepared myself for it mentally but I still don't want to see it fall out...

36 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Those cheetos will get ya! BUT, it's great that your recognize it. I did have a few doritos the other day. So I'm totally not judging. 😊 My doc says it's very hard to mess up the sleeve in the beginning. We're basically in a grace period, but if we make it a habit again, then it won't be so graceful anymore. I plan to stay in grace.

The grace also shows us losing the weight even while still making bad choices, another BUT....which makes some people believe they can continue on that way, until it hits them at maintenance. The only exception, is it you're physically active where you're constantly burning those cals off. That's where I plan to be..not so I can eat junk, but so I can enjoy life and have something "bad" in moderation. The longer I go on my plant based (which is now my new lifestyle diet) I don't crave those things anymore anyway, so it's easy to bypass and say no. I think I have a more of a problem two days before menstruals...when my hormones skyrocket causing my body to want to munch. I'll take two days of fighting against it than the rest of my life! 😊

@Newme17 you have said this so much better then I have been able to. You have a gift for expression in writing. I agree 100% with everything you have written here. We will live our lives and as a part of that of course we will have treats every now and then and make some poor choices. The point is we will have changed. Those foods won't control us anymore and our treats won't be half a bag of Doritos or 3 pieces of cake.

I am so glad you brought up the exercise part of the equation because I BELIEVE it will be very important during the maintenance part of our journeys. If we make it a habit now then it can only help us then. 😄

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

@Newme17 you have said this so much better then I have been able to. You have a gift for expression in writing. I agree 100% with everything you have written here. We will live our lives and as a part of that of course we will have treats every now and then and make some poor choices. The point is we will have changed. Those foods won't control us anymore and our treats won't be half a bag of Doritos or 3 pieces of cake.

I am so glad you brought up the exercise part of the equation because I BELIEVE it will be very important during the maintenance part of our journeys. If we make it a habit now then it can only help us then. 😄

Thank you hon. Even though exercise only accounts for 20% of our physique, it counts for a whole lot more than just its shape, but physiologically (heart, lungs, etc) and mentally (less stress, etc). It's such an important role in life. These days we have to do intentional workouts with the way our diets are (generally speaking) vs the historic days, when they had to walk everywhere and farm their own foods, etc. Those who don't like to exercise will have to change their mindsets towards t and work so much harder. As habits form, we can all change ourselves and learn to love the things we do to better our health. The hard part is sticking to it and not letting the things that go wrong in our lives in the way.

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

Omg I've started to notice more hair also....😔 I've prepared myself for it mentally but I still don't want to see it fall out...

Yeah. Kind of how it is. I don't think I've bothered checking to see how long it's to last. Do you know?

I only had a 4 day pre op because I had been traveling and my doc said he'd do it just after I got back- probably because I was a lower bmi. He said my liver wasn't fatty at all when he went it which totally surprised me- my gi had said a year before that my liver looked like an alcoholics liver even though I barely drink. I lost 6 pounds in those 4 days.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

I only had a 4 day pre op because I had been traveling and my doc said he'd do it just after I got back- probably because I was a lower bmi. He said my liver wasn't fatty at all when he went it which totally surprised me- my gi had said a year before that my liver looked like an alcoholics liver even though I barely drink. I lost 6 pounds in those 4 days.

Mich W

Mich W

32 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

Mich W

I only had a one week pre-op diet and it wasn't all liquids either. I was allowed to eat dinner which was 4oz Protein and 2 oz vegetables. The day before surgery was all Clear Liquids. I think I lost 6 pounds that week.

3 hours ago, Missy161 said:

Mich W

Wow 4 days. That's awesome. I think the lower bmi's shouldn't have to be on a 2 week one. I had the two weeks, bmi 40 when I started. One point less I wouldn't have been qualified due to no other existing conditions. But the two weeks wasn't too bad though, I knew I had a fatty liver from tests two years previous, so I stuck to it. Wasn't going to lose my surgery over disobedience. Lol.

Im wondering what your gi was referencing? Unless you got healthier since...which is awesome too.

No gym for me. I went to the pool with my family. It's exhausting. I swam around and I purposely did a lot of exercises in the Water and of course, played with my kids. It's shortly after 7 and they're all laying down watching a movie. Wore them out too. Yay!!!

Quiet time!

Edited by Newme17

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all have blessed and rested day!

I went to the gym this morning, but it wasn't 5am!!! LOL It was about 9:30 and nice too. I did a 30 min cardio workout (walk on a 3% incline on the treadmill) and a full body strength workout. As always, I feel awesome after a workout. My muscles were shaking afterwards. :) My husband made eggs with spinach and mushrooms. After having eggs with veggies for the last 4 meals (yes, I ate it all yesterday too), you'd think I'd be tired of it. Well, I was of the one I had yesterday. But my husband's tasted much better to me. LOL So I ate it anyway. I won't be having any more for a while though...I don't want to get tired of it and then have to figure out another breakfast meal that doesn't have meat.

Yesterday, my husband wanted a poor boy and I requested some turkey meat from a local restaurant here. It's true, we're not really eating meat, but we will have some every once in a blue moon. But I told my husband that if it's $5 for a tiny bit then don't bother. Well, he didn't bother, but he didn't think about how much you actually get with $5 either (1/4lb). I guess I should have been more specific with him. He felt awful for not getting it and offered to go back, but I told him no, don't worry about it. Thus I ate eggs with veggies for dinner last night again. I'm still craving that turkey. lol

Well, I've got to go and finish getting ready for church. Again, ya'll be blessed. Have a wonderful day!

On another note, I'm with you @Apple1, about not posting, getting involved with some threads/statuses that are chaotic and dramatic. I've done my best to encourage a certain individual lately and I won't respond to the next status that was posted. I'm not taking sides (especially when I don't know the full situation). I don't fully approve of outing names either, so, yeah. I'll be sticking to this thread and my lone statuses when I finally post one.

I had been really unhealthy and when I went to the DR we are healthy and I was super active. I was on a mission trip to meet my sponsored child. I had also been trying to be healthier for a couple of months so I cut back in sugar. I think my liver had definitely been bad before.

Mich W