Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

On 7/4/2017 at 0:11 PM, queenbee88 said:

Happy Independence Day I'm so happy I weigh in at 248 pounds I haven't been this size since I was 9 months pregnant I left the gym so happy I swim 4 times a week and work out 3 times a week still can't believe I had surgery

I've lost a total of 48 pounds before surgery and after surgery

That is so beautiful. Keep up the great work.

22 hours ago, Apple1 said:

My daughter made this delicious cake for today's BBQ. I ate a few berries and two bites of cake. Those bites were worth it.

IMG_0339.JPG

Awesome looking cake. I'm licking the screen.

15 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I will have to do this. Thank you.

Me too.

6 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

You crack me up!!!

IMG_2839.PNG

Just wanted to say I'm a new member, who had my surgery this past May 15th.

I won't lie the surgery landed me in ICU and I have had a horrible time. Which includes, living on Oxygen for 6 weeks, Blood transfusion, that may have done something really bad to me, and I am continuing to see an oncologist and hematologist again this Friday. The kicker for me is when I left the hospital, due to all the drama, they had actually added over 30 pounds to me, I weighed 372 pounds when I entered at 340. That scared the heck out of me, but in 10 days I was back to 340 and have been losing rather steadily since (with a current stall)

I joined this group because I need help with Vegetarian recipes. I want to go vegan but I want sauces and "cheese" and am horrible at making those things. I feel like being vegetarian I am eating way too much cheese to get the Protein. (should point out I can't keep down any form of powder protein or shake down, so has to come through food). Any suggestions and support is greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, Batty's Mom said:

I won't lie the surgery landed me in ICU and I have had a horrible time. Which includes, living on Oxygen for 6 weeks, Blood transfusion, that may have done something really bad to me, and I am continuing to see an oncologist and hematologist again this Friday. The kicker for me is when I left the hospital, due to all the drama, they had actually added over 30 pounds to me, I weighed 372 pounds when I entered at 340. That scared the heck out of me, but in 10 days I was back to 340 and have been losing rather steadily since (with a current stall)

I joined this group because I need help with Vegetarian recipes. I want to go vegan but I want sauces and "cheese" and am horrible at making those things. I feel like being vegetarian I am eating way too much cheese to get the Protein. (should point out I can't keep down any form of powder Protein or shake down, so has to come through food). Any suggestions and support is greatly appreciated.

Oh no, I'm so sorry you went through all that mess and drama!!! My prayer for you is a complete healing hon. The 30 lbs added while in the hospital has to do with all the fluids and meds they pumped you up with, so it doesn't count. 😊

I'm learning and going vegetarian. I've decided that I won't be cutting cheese out just yet, but I'm due time. But I did find a "cheese" sauce on Pinterest that is vegan. It's worth a try...I'll be trying t sometime and seeing if my kids could even tell the difference. I'll post the link here. I've even been researching on Dr Garth Davis, who is a bariatric surgeon and a vegan. He has his patients on vegetarian/vegan diets. Also wrote a book called Proteinaholic that I've been trying to find. My half priced bookstore didn't have it. Anyway, it's quite interesting. Been going plant based since before surgery, but finally kicking it off here for the most part.

What I should have said in the beginning...WELCOME BATTY'S MOM!!!! 😊 We post quite regularly here and we keep each other encouraged and going. We're here for you! Glad to have ya on board.

Vegan cheese sauce....

http://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/dairy-free-cheese-sauce/amp

Edited by Newme17

13 hours ago, Newme17 said:

The holiday was easier for me, I was off on Monday too. Sorry it sucked.

My BMR is approximately 1760 calories currently. I used to always use this calculator to get an idea of my BMR and tdee numbers.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/

I was off on Monday also. I was just in a wining mood yesterday for some reason. I got to work and realized I had to do 5 days worth of work in three days with 2 people from my group on vacation.

I have used those calculators before, but I wonder how accurate they are especially for someone with thyroid disease? I am probably worrying too much. Now that I have started running on a regular basis I am a little concerned about eating enough. but not too much. Some days I feel like I stress too much about my diet...lol... I just don't want to fail.. you know what I mean?

Have a good day everyone!!

10 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

You made me laugh @Sweet as peaches. Thank you !!

9 hours ago, Batty's Mom said:

I joined this group because I need help with Vegetarian recipes. I want to go vegan but I want sauces and "cheese" and am horrible at making those things. I feel like being vegetarian I am eating way too much cheese to get the Protein. (should point out I can't keep down any form of powder Protein or shake down, so has to come through food). Any suggestions and support is greatly appreciated.

Welcome @Batty's Mom. The best person on this thread for help with vegetarian ideas is @Newme17. She is planning a vegetarian diet also.

I am so sorry you went through so much with your surgery. What exactly was the complication, if you don't mind sharing?

I hope you are on the road to feeling better now.

9 hours ago, Batty's Mom said:

Oh that is so horrible. My heart goes out to you. I hope things get better for you.

48 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I was off on Monday also. I was just in a wining mood yesterday for some reason. I got to work and realized I had to do 5 days worth of work in three days with 2 people from my group on vacation.

I have used those calculators before, but I wonder how accurate they are especially for someone with thyroid disease? I am probably worrying too much. Now that I have started running on a regular basis I am a little concerned about eating enough. but not too much. Some days I feel like I stress too much about my diet...lol... I just don't want to fail.. you know what I mean?

Have a good day everyone!!

We all have those whining moods too. You are not alone. Just means you're normal. Lol.

The calculator in my opinion does work. When I was really putting effort in to calories at one point in my life, I followed the eatmore2weighless calculator. My doc was upset that I wasn't eating enough, this I kept gaining weight. Go figure. But the science proves it. Anyway, I used to to make sure I ate more. It worked, problem was, I went back to old habits. At least with wls, I'm in my element of not eating enough. I've got time to work on this.

Have yourself a great and blessed day too!!!

Okay y'all. I've had tingling toes and fingers for the past two days. Been researching if this is related to wls as I was pretty sure it was. Here's a link I found that talks about Vitamin deficiencies and the symptoms and treatments. Apparently I might be low on B12, copper, and/or thiamin. Mine is onset.

Do you have any numbness or tingling in your hands or feet? New-onset numbness may be related to the surgery, although chronic numbness may be linked to diabetes if this was a preexisting issue for the patient. However, numbness that worsens in patients with diabetes could be a sign of a deficiency in vitamin B12, thiamin, or copper, depending on the area of numbness.

i have my appt with the surgeon in a few mins. Will be talking about this and possible getting off the patch. Maybe it's not doing as much???? I've also been getting headaches more often. So....here's the link. Read on, it's good to have the knowledge.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/111412p50.shtml

Edited by Newme17

On 6/15/2017 at 5:18 PM, Newme17 said:

HW: 266

Initial Consult Weight: 259 (1/20/2017)

SW: 244 (5/15/2017)

CW: 229 (6/15/2017)

Since 6/15, I'm down another 9.5 lbs. I will take it! Considering I think I could be doing better exercise wise. That'll be my focus.

So my weight as of today, 7/6/2017, is 220.5. BMI is now 35.6

😊

3 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I've even been researching on Dr Garth Davis, who is a bariatric surgeon and a vegan.

I went vegan 4 years ago for 4 months and it was the healthiest I ever felt in my life, even though I was still crazy overweight. Then my boyfriend at the time bought a bunch of cheeses for a grill cheese tasting festival he wanted to do and well, that ended my veganism. I LOVE CHEESE! He knew it.

Thank you for mentioning this doctor, I will heavily research. My surgeon PA told me I would be a failure at weight loss because I am vegetarian, and have been for so long. She said I would never be able to get the amount of Protein I need. I thought that was odd. I have watched so many vegan documentaries, most recently "What the Health" and I am desperate to know how much protein is really needed for the WLS to work if you are Vegan. I want to lose cheese out of the diet if I can. I'm off to research Dr. Garth Davis.