Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best blender/food processor for pureed food?

I am pre-op but looking for a blender or food processor for when I get to the the pureed phase of post op. I have looked at the magic bullet, the ninja, and just basic ones but I'm indecisive. What do you use and why do you like it? And what uses does it have for after your puree phase, I hate to think it will just sit in my cabinet later.

I currently use a $10 smoothie blender from Walmart for Protein Shakes which has served me well but I don't think it will puree very well.

I just bought a Nutra Ninja bullet for $79 on Amazon. It comes with 3 different size containers. It is fast and powerful I pureed cottage cheese and avacado-it came out like mousse. It comes with a recipe book too.

The basic $10 blender that you already have will suffice just fine.

Look at the big picture...the pureed food phase is only two weeks out of your life. There are so many pureed options that come ready-to-eat and require no additional processing such as yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, ricotta, refried Beans, creamed Soups, shakes, and jarred baby food meats/veggies.

I would save the money you intend to spend on a pricier food processor or blender and, instead, spend it on smaller clothing or something that provides you with a thrill.

Thanks, I didn't think about baby food. I hope it's gotten tastier since my kids were babies!

I agree with the other poster that what you have is fine for the 2 week period of puréed foods... unless you want an excuse to get a food processor !

My NUT advised not to eat baby food because it will not help you meet your Protein needs . There are slot of options for puréed foods ...

Thanks, I decided to hold off on the food processor for now and save the money. I figure if I need one badly enough when the time comes I have a 24 hr Walmart close by.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches