Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Audree - you look great!!!

I want a tummy like that!

I just got back from my sleep disorder doctor, they had to lower my CPAP machine from 12 to 8 (the pressure), so great improvement. She thinks in another 20 lbs I will be off the machine completely - YAY.

Hey all,

I've caught a cold and feel crummy...nothing new about that for those of you that have gone through it. But my appetite is down and I'm stuggling to get my Protein in. I think that is why my energy is low these days...just not getting enough protein.

Audree, wow, you look awesome...you can't have much further that you want to go?

Tonya, keep at it...it will move!!

Audree,

Thanks for the info on the quickslim 30, I really appreciate it. You look great!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

235/163/145

Audree,

Thanks for the info on the quickslim 30, I really appreciate it. You look great!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

235/163/145

Check out your stats!!!! You prob look fantastic!!!

Congrats!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I too need good food choices as the key seems to be exercise, Water, water, and Protein. Please give me some ideas of good Proteins that I will be able to eat-I will have my band done this Friday. (Those post regarding depression scare the #%## out of me) Thanks buches, katy did

I too need good food choices as the key seems to be exercise, Water, water, and Protein. Please give me some ideas of good Proteins that I will be able to eat-I will have my band done this Friday. (Those post regarding depression scare the #%## out of me) Thanks buches, katy did

You need to know what your post op diet is and than stock up on those things. Maybe like broths, watered down juice, V8, Protein Drink, etc.

I didn't have any depression. I was actually happy!

Now that I've had my band awhile, here is the proteins I usually eat:

Fish, rotissari chicken (very moist), tuna, eggs, string cheese, Peanut Butter (no sugar, and natural only), nuts, ground turkey, lean ground beef, and sometimes a very good lean steak.

I have not had depression, been very happy with my decision.

Hey all,

I've caught a cold and feel crummy...nothing new about that for those of you that have gone through it. But my appetite is down and I'm stuggling to get my Protein in. I think that is why my energy is low these days...just not getting enough Protein.

Audree, wow, you look awesome...you can't have much further that you want to go?

Tonya, keep at it...it will move!!

Hope you feel better, I've been dealing with sinus infection myself. Bad headaches.

I guess it is going around!!!

I had a fever on Monday and now my sinus are bothering me. On top of that my shoulders and neck feel super tight and nothing I do is helping with the discomfort!!!

No depression here either...I've been so up about the band and weightloss, even on my loooong plateau...still felt fine. Just working to find the way to move that scale.

For Protein, I also do canned tuna, in Water, Protein powder in milk or EAS Protein drinks, canned chicken and all the others that have been mentioned. I just need to make sure that some of them are very moist. Dry is a stuck episode for sure.

You know, I wonder if for some, the depression is a grieving process for having/choosing to give up certain habits, social, eating, etc. This is a lifestyle change and unless you are prepared for it, it will be even harder. This is not an easy process.

What is this with neck and shoulder pain? I have the same thing going on and have been using heat for ease the tightness.

Nope, I've had no depression about my lap band, in fact quite the opposite. I remember getting depressed about quitting smoking back in 1998, so that might be a similar experience. I viewed the lap band as totally positive. Since I can still eat most foods that I like I don't feel deprived. I just can't as much as before.

For Proteins I sometimes nibble on turkey breast lunchmeat, canned tuna, lentil Soup (or other soft beans). I can eat most meats as long as they aren't too dry. Post op, I used my Magic Bullet and could take just about any Soup, stew or meal and puree it for the mushy part of the diet. I had unjury Protein shakes on hand for the first couple of months, and then switched to Profect for a Protein bullet (25 grams of protein with little calories).

Tonya and Sula, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Terry

whew, I just read some posts on another thread that were just vicious. I can't imagine going there or feeling safe posting in some areas. Everyone is so busy getting digs in that the support just flys out the window and criticism jumps up. However subtle.

We have got such a good group here. I was going to make a comment on the other thread after someone said, "you look good on the outside" I made the assumption that the writer was saying that the inside of the person was not quite up to par. So I was going to say something that how can we know what a person is on the inside from just these types of posts...but then I got back to my group here and I feel that everyone here is so caring, kind and supportive, I felt I couldn't make that response.

When you look at the other comments, besides the support issue about weight loss, such as pain, sickness, injuries, loss, (and found as in the new kitty) I think you are all remarkable. And I'm glad to have you as part of my team!!

Thanks!