Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

By the way, what is Amish food like? I didn't even know they had Amish restaurants.

Its really no different than regular food, except they make everything homemade right down to the noodles, so its just a fresher taste, their Desserts are made homemade, nothing is bought, its all made. They have no electricity, so they make it the old fashioned way. They don't believe in electricity or worldly things, they use their hands and live in a community seperated from the City. They like farming, so their pies are made with the milk that comes straight from their cow.

Its just good down home cookin'.

Its really no different than regular food, except they make everything homemade right down to the noodles, so its just a fresher taste, their Desserts are made homemade, nothing is bought, its all made. They have no electricity, so they make it the old fashioned way. They don't believe in electricity or worldly things, they use their hands and live in a community seperated from the City. They like farming, so their pies are made with the milk that comes straight from their cow.

Its just good down home cookin'.

So I guess their restaurants don't have electricity either. They must have to close at 7 p.m. The food sounds really good. Sometimes I miss gorging on good food like that.

I promise, NEVER to do it again....next time I will be better prepared with a spit cup or bag or something - in my purse. lol.

My sister and I used to get car sick a lot when we when kids. To this day, my mom still carries a small bucket in the car and ziplock bag in her purse.

Well, now that its over, I think I can talk about it...so I'm going to share my first PB incident and just how embarrassing it is (for those weak at stomach, please stop reading now - :) )

Okay, last Friday my mother in law, my sister in law and myself drove to a small little town to look for some upholsterey material for my antique chair (we were going to discount fabric store that we heard about). Anyhow, this town has this great little Amish restruant, so we decided we would eat lunch there. By this time, its about 12:45 in the afternoon. So, we go thru the buffet line, and I pile my plate high with food (just like I would pre-band) I don't want to just get a little to draw attention to me becaue neither of the family I am with no about the band...so I try and just act like I will eat it all, knowing I will leave a lot on the plate.

Anyhooo, So, I take my first bite of the roll, smothered in a little butter, and that was the biggest mistake...But instead of stopping, I think it will just pass like an idiot, I keep on eating, I have a bite of fish or two, then a little sip of tea (thinking this will help the stuck go away). By this time, my mother-in-law is looking at me and notices something is wrong, I keep telling her I just need to burp - and I keep eating - what an idiot i am....Anyhow, so finally, the food is lodged clear up to the back of my throat and it is coming out, one way or another, so I told them I had to go the bathroom.

Well, when I got to the bathroom, (it was just a single toilet room), someone was in there and there was a line...Finally, here comes the food, it shot out like a bullet over the wall. I was totally embarrassed, but so glad only these two old ladies who didn't know me saw and my family did not.

So, I think, okay, its over so I go back to the table and start picking and nibbling at my food again...oh boy, big big big mistake, here it comes again. I didn't want to look too obvious, but I told them I had to go back to the bathroom, I had "gas", I didn't know what else to say. So back to the bathroom I go, and the poor little waitress is cleaning up my mess - and once again, the bathroom is full, but the mens bathroom is open, so I run in there and I couldn't even make it to the toilet, so I had to hack in the sink...yuck. So, I ended up paying for my food and walking outside, where I PB'd again!!!

You would think it was over, but no, we head to the fabric store and I'm walking around looking for fabric and here it comes again, so I head to the bathroom and right when I'm almost there, I see the lady who works there go in...I tried people I really did, but I couldn't get to the bathroom and this food was coming up and out it came, right there on the floor. So what do I do?? I grab a remnant piece of material and wipe it up and then throw it back in the bin. No one saw, thank Gawd. After the last PB episode, I felt great releif.

Lesson learned - no bread, and quit eating when I feel something stuck...and when I go to the bathroom, make sure everything is UNSTUCK before coming out.

Well, there you have my first PB episode, and was it ever an episode.

Man, I have had a few of those!!!! It is so awful! I had gone to my pastors house and was eating. I had to pb and told them I had to go home. I ran to my car and was trying to keep it from coming out. I had a friend with me, who does not know about the band and told her I was feeling sick and had to stop in the middle of the road and throw my car door open and it kept on coming like dog food and slime!!!

It was sooooo gross!!! Then to get home and keep on going!!!

Well, there you have my first PB episode, and was it ever an episode.

I'm sorry because I was laughing reading about your first PB episode. No way I could ever top that story. I've had the same thing around people that don't know about my band, but I've always somehow had an opportunity to slip away.

My last experience at a restaurant was pretty bad, with a group of people from work that don't know about my band. I had to excuse myself and go to the restroom 4 times, and I couldn't even muster "gas problem". I just said I had a problem with my stomach. It was embarrasing, but let them think what they wanted.

I did go for a slight unfill today, removed .4cc to get back to 2.2 cc. Thanks for the enouraging words. The office manager told me the same as your did, that each person is different in what level gives them restriction.

The good news was that I lost over 4 pounds since my last fill in August. I am about 15 pounds from goal and will try to use band rules to keep losing even if it is a slower rate.

Tonya,

We don't raise them, we just feed them all winter, the wild ones so they have an easier time. We hunt birds as well. Have a english pointer, a yellow lab (both mine) and five english setters of various ages. We hunt and then run the pointer and setters competively in a sport called American Field trialing---horseback--birddog stuff...very fun.

I gotta work today so back later on to catch up more.

S

Tonya,

We don't raise them, we just feed them all winter, the wild ones so they have an easier time. We hunt birds as well. Have a english pointer, a yellow lab (both mine) and five english setters of various ages. We hunt and then run the pointer and setters competively in a sport called American Field trialing---horseback--birddog stuff...very fun.

I gotta work today so back later on to catch up more.

S

My cousin does some field trial stuff with his pointer. My DH doesn't do the field trials, but he loves to hunt, matter of fact, him & my son are out duck hunting right now.

Our last dog, who was also an English pointer (died of a weird desease at 5 yrs old), his grandfather was a champion field trial and the owner was offered $35K for him, he wouldn't sell him. Anyhow, we drove down to Amarillo, TX to watch him compete in a field trial competition (he won), so it was fun. It's amazing how smart those dogs are and how they know to stay "in the boundry area".

My english pointer is a hyper little thing, he is about 2 1/2 years old and is pure white. You are very brave to have that many dogs - especially hunting dogs, lol. They are handful for sure - full of energy!

Here is a pic of ours watching a squirrel out our dinning room window.

post-211109-13813135782113_thumb.jpg

Audree - Another question about your brachioplasty. A woman on my thread about the brachioplasty told me that she really regretted having it done. She had it done in 2004 and her scars are so bad she feels like Frankenstein's monster. She even had a scar revision. Are you unhappy with your scars? Do you think the scars are worth it? Do you have any photos you can share with us?

Enterprise, I had an ulnar nerve entrapment and I had to have surgery on it and the scars (my surgeon told me) are like the brachioplasty, exact same position.

I will say the scars took forever to "die" down with the redness, but knowone sees them unless I raise my hands over my head. Not sure if that helps or not.

Enterprise, I had an ulnar nerve entrapment and I had to have surgery on it and the scars (my surgeon told me) are like the brachioplasty, exact same position.

I will say the scars took forever to "die" down with the redness, but knowone sees them unless I raise my hands over my head. Not sure if that helps or not.

Thank, Sunshine. That does help. I figure that even if the scars are bad, who's going to see the inside of your upper arms unless you raise your hands? Since I'm long out of school, I don't anticipate needing to raise my hand on a regular basis.

scale is being so stubborn, but thats okay...I know I will make it happen. I really feel like November I will break my plateau and get into the 160's!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday, where is everyone?

Can anyone give me infor on how to purchase quickslim 30? I've been seeing alot of you are taking it. I need something to curb my cravings, I'm having a lot of sweet cravings. Help!!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

235/163/145

Audree - Another question about your brachioplasty. A woman on my thread about the brachioplasty told me that she really regretted having it done. She had it done in 2004 and her scars are so bad she feels like Frankenstein's monster. She even had a scar revision. Are you unhappy with your scars? Do you think the scars are worth it? Do you have any photos you can share with us?

I have never taken any, but I will. I don't regret it, since bat wings are harder to hide than a scar. I can wear tank tops and strap less dresses and look like I have a normal arm. It does take time for the scars to die down. They look very red for quite a while. I do think my scars were worth it. One thing I have started to do was to use cocoa butter on it and I use this soap that is seaweed and has a sisal mesh cover and I scrub my scars with it. I think that has helped a lot. My husband has always also massaged my scars.

Here is my most recent AFTER pic!!!

Enterprise: This is what my arms look like from the top view. No one, really sees the other side. But, here is a pic of my arms. I will take some of the scar too.

post-211913-13813135787788_thumb.jpg

Can anyone give me infor on how to purchase quickslim 30? I've been seeing alot of you are taking it. I need something to curb my cravings, I'm having a lot of sweet cravings. Help!!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

235/163/145

Debbie, PM Audree. She is the one that got me turned on to it, and I purchased it from her. I think she must have missed your post.