Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

My prayers with those in Houston. What a tragedy to loose someone this time of year. This week, I've been 'touched' with three deaths of people known to my family and friends. Two on thanksgiving, one the day before. It forever ruins the holiday for those left mourning. Before my surgery, I worried, for sure about not waking up. But I think the thought that haunted me even more was while under the anesthesia - about 'feeling' it. There is a trailer running now for a new movie coming out with Jessica Alba "Awake". That is a fear of mine.

quote]

Well, death hit a little closer to home. Just last night we *my boyfriend and I* got a call from his Mom *Something is wrong with your father*...he rushed over and attempted CPR (He's a trained fireman). But he could not save him. So here I am, this time of year, helping him go through burying his dad. He was 79 years old, and strong as an ox. He apparently went to shovel some snow, came in the house and sat down. His wife heard a big 'sigh', and he was gone. Just like that. I feel horrible for my boyfriend, and I want to cry with him. But I have to be strong. As much of a big ox he is himself, he's very fragile; especially when it comes to his parents. He looked up to his dad so much. Oh well. All services are this week, so I won't be online much. Just say a little prayer - and count your blessings.

Oh Sherilynn, I am so sorry! My DH lost his fathers a few years ago on Father's Day, it has been so hard for him. I was also extremely closed to my FIL, we talked everyday and I miss him terribly.

Take care and I'll be thinking of you and your BF during this difficult time.

Hello everyone! Sound like we are all keeping busy!

I'm still on a plateau, but hopefully not for long, as I've actually managed to exercise twice this week -- and plan to continue.

I found out my cholesterol is UP 15 points from when I had surgery, so really the only thing to do is exercise and quit eating like crap! I'm also going on metformin soon for PCOS, so that should keep the sugar out of my mouth.

Maria

Maria - good for you on the exercise! I'm such a slug these days, I must get back to the gym!

Exercise surely will help your cholesterol!

I have really enjoyed the results and so have the others that have used them.

They sell for $45. I think I can send an invoice by email for now, but will add the link to the site soon.

I think I would like to buy some, I probably would like to buy them around the 14th of the month, I just now finished my 1st bottle of Quickslim20 and started my 2nd bottle. But I think I will buy the Patches in a week or so, along with another bottle of Quickslim.

I really need my fill so I'm trying to do everything I can to keep my appetite in control....man its hard.

Sherilynn -- I'm so sorry to hear about your BF's father. We lost DH's grandpa last Christmas, and it is still so hard on everyone remembering around this time of year.

Tonya -- we must not be slugs!! LOL

So, today I started on the metformin. My doc prescribed a smaller dose pill that I can cut in half. So I'm to take 1/2 pill twice a day for a week, then move to 1/2 pill 4 times a day. I drank some hot tea this morning before I swallowed it (on advice from my surgeon) and that seemed to work. I ate an Activia yogurt with it. I also decided that I am not allowed to knit or crochet unless I have done some exercise for the day. Even if it is 15 minutes of stretching!

Maria

Sherilynn - just letting you know I'm thinking of you.....

Maria - I know, I have to get over my laziness! I know what I need to do, I just need to do it!

What is metformin? I think my mom takes it for diabetes, but can't remember exactly.

What is metformin? I think my mom takes it for diabetes, but can't remember exactly.

Metformin (or Glucophage) is commonly used for diabetes to help control blood sugar levels. It is also commonly used for insulin resistance, in which a normal amount of insulin is not sufficient to produce a normal response from other body tissues. Insulin is one of the hallmarks of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), which is why I am taking it. I took it once before (years ago) as part of some weight loss scam. I remember it making me really sick if I ate anything sugary or too carby, so I'm trying to be really careful what I put in my mouth!

My prayers with those in Houston. What a tragedy to loose someone this time of year. This week, I've been 'touched' with three deaths of people known to my family and friends. Two on thanksgiving, one the day before. It forever ruins the holiday for those left mourning. Before my surgery, I worried, for sure about not waking up. But I think the thought that haunted me even more was while under the anesthesia - about 'feeling' it. There is a trailer running now for a new movie coming out with Jessica Alba "Awake". That is a fear of mine.

quote]

Well, death hit a little closer to home. Just last night we *my boyfriend and I* got a call from his Mom *Something is wrong with your father*...he rushed over and attempted CPR (He's a trained fireman). But he could not save him. So here I am, this time of year, helping him go through burying his dad. He was 79 years old, and strong as an ox. He apparently went to shovel some snow, came in the house and sat down. His wife heard a big 'sigh', and he was gone. Just like that. I feel horrible for my boyfriend, and I want to cry with him. But I have to be strong. As much of a big ox he is himself, he's very fragile; especially when it comes to his parents. He looked up to his dad so much. Oh well. All services are this week, so I won't be online much. Just say a little prayer - and count your blessings.

My prayers will be with both of you and the family to bring you comfort during this time.

My grandmother passed a couple of months ago and even if she was termially ill and we knew she was going to die, it was still hard.

I had to give myself "permission" to cry. I don't know why I didn't want to give into the crying, but it helped when I did.

God bless!

I think I would like to buy some, I probably would like to buy them around the 14th of the month, I just now finished my 1st bottle of Quickslim20 and started my 2nd bottle. But I think I will buy the Patches in a week or so, along with another bottle of Quickslim.

I really need my fill so I'm trying to do everything I can to keep my appetite in control....man its hard.

I should have the 24 hour patch on the site by then. My website programmer has been really busy and has not updated my page!!!

It has really helped me with my workouts too! I am really enjoying working out now!

I should have the 24 hour patch on the site by then. My website programmer has been really busy and has not updated my page!!!

It has really helped me with my workouts too! I am really enjoying working out now!

I was out searchig info on Quickslim30, and I saw your pictures on the Quickslim30.com website.

Anyhow, I just started my 2nd bottle, so I'm good. But I think I do want to order some Patches in a few weeks, I'll probably be ready to order another bottle of Quickslim too.

Hello all, Nothing really new to report except I need someone to kick me too! I cannot seem to get back to the gym.

Every morning I have set my alarm to get up, I laid my gym clothes uot, I had everything ready to go, but I just could not get out of bed! I suck!

I know once I get back to the gym I will be committed its just hard taking that first step. I went out online and researched out to get some mojo to exercise. So I'm trying to use those tips.

I plan on going to the gym at work during break and getting on the bike, this should help me some. But I'm ready to really get back to the gym and start giving it my all! My knee is still giving me problems and the doc said it would for about 3 more months, and by April, if it is still hurting, they will have to look at it again.

Well, I'm going down to the gym right now to get on the recumbant bike for about 15 to 20 minutes.

ttyl

Okay - I did it! I went down, did 15 min on the recumbant bike, I even worked up a little sweat!

I also did 3 sets of 15 on the leg press and 3 sets of 15 on the hamstrings seated leg curl. Yay! Now I just have to keep it up!

at 3:00, I am going to go back down and do another 15 min on the recumbant bike!

Good morning!!!

I am doing really great! I have been going to the gym for 2 weeks now and starting to feel the great effects. My muscles are sore but in that good way from getting my butt kicked from the personal trainer we have.

I was also informed by Gold Vitamins, the manufacture of QuickSlim30, that they are out of stock until Dec. 15th!!!!!

I only have 2 pills left and I am bummed out because they help my husband and I with our workouts!!!!!

The manufacturer of QuickSlim30 was so impressed with my results that they asked me permission to use my pictures on their own site!!! Kinda like the QuickSlim30 girl!!!:faint:

Who and the heck would have thought that a year ago???? Certainly not me!!!

They want to use me on brochures and advertising too.

They offered me 2 free bottles of QuickSlim30, but I think that they should offer me more than that for using my image on their own advertising. What do you guys think?

I also found this scripture out of The Message Bible (easiest translation for me to understand) and thought it very fitting!

1 Corinthians 6:13

13You know the old saying, "First you eat to live, and then you live to eat"? Well, it may be true that the body is only a temporary thing, but that's no excuse for stuffing your body with food, or indulging it with sex. Since the Master honors you with a body, honor him with your body!

Audree - your inspiring me to get my butt back to the weight training. I miss the "good" sore feeling. I miss my personal trainer too, he taught me so much!

Yes, I saw your pics! I also saw where they were out of stock until 12/15. I'm glad I bought a bottle from you and have some on hand. I just opened my new bottle!

Well, I can't wait for the scales to start dropping again! I am pretty much stuck at the 167 and bounce up to 170, 172. Today it was 168. I usually bounce a lot right before I lose some weight. I'm really hoping this weekend I will drop a few more pounds.

I really really really want to be at my docs goal weight by my 1 year bandiversary, or at least close to it. His goal weight for me is 155. I however, I want to go lower. 155 is just not where I want to end up at, 145 is my ultimate goal!

Sherilynn - I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's father. How awful to lose him so suddenly, especially near the holidays like this. Things will be rough for a while, but I'm sure you'll help him through this.

Juno - Let us know how the metaformin works for you. My doctor almost put me on that about 2 years ago, but he never could get a definite diagnosis of PCOS. We did determine that my testosterone is really high, which is now being treating with spironolactone. It's helped tremendously.

I haven't checked in for a week or so because I'm recovering from my brachioplasty. Sunshine, I'm glad you found my thread on the brachioplasty. I'm having some god awful shooting pains tonight and don't want to take my darvocet until I'm finished working for the night. (I'm waiting for a program to finish running so I'm goofing off here in the meantime.)

Audree - Do you have new pics? If so, where are they? I'd love to see your progress. You're always such a positive influence around here.