Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hello everyone, just swinging by to update and see what is going on.

I started another body for life challenge yesterday, I just have to do something. I figured out that I haven't lost any weight in 1 whole year! Yep, 1 year since I've lost weight. I've been yo yoing the same 10 lbs for a freaken year! Well, its actually been 10 months, but you might as well say a year!

Maria - wow, I can't believe your 32 weeks already, I know you are ready to have the baby - I remember the unconfortable stage, it wasn't fun.

Shawn, you sound very busy. I know my mother has horses and they do take a lot of time, but she wouldn't trade it for the world. Her horses are her babies!

Well, I will check in later. My life is so busy at work.

Good Morning,

Just got in from my four mile walk. So warm out already at 5:45. I didn't even need a jacket. When I got home from work last nighth at about 7:45...it was 104. Whew...too hot. Course, I work in air conditioned comfort, which means I need a sweater!!

I didn't lose any weight over the past week. It is just a slow go, i guess. Tonya, I feel like I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost anything to really speak since about October or so. I guess this is just part of this process. I wonder why some people just whiz down to their goal weight and some us of plateau. Maybe we are the statistic that says we only lose 50% and then have to struggle like HECK to get the rest off. I toy around with another fill but I PB enough as it is. A few times a week..but I've been thinking about a 1/4 cc fill. I really don't think that is the problem..is it kicking up the exercise another knotch.

Hello everyone, just swinging by to update and see what is going on.

I started another body for life challenge yesterday, I just have to do something. I figured out that I haven't lost any weight in 1 whole year! Yep, 1 year since I've lost weight. I've been yo yoing the same 10 lbs for a freaken year! Well, its actually been 10 months, but you might as well say a year!

I understand, I have been at a plateau since June, I have 3.6 cc in a 4cc band. My goal is to have my BMI be normal. I am thinking right now it is going to take me as long to lose the last 20 lbs as it took to lose the first 75. I am very careful what I eat and can't eat much. In the morning all I can have is a Protein Shake. I exercise at least 60 minutes 5 days a week and have just started biking.

If you are like me though you probably feel a lot better. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.

Hey all..just wanted to check in. Since rebanding I have gained major weight. I stopped caring a while ago because I know I will lose it all again. It just feels really good to be healthy and not throwing up all the time. My new doctor is amazing. I feel so confident with him. I had my "first" fill last week. It's weird having to get used to having a band the "right way". I was always sick before so losing weight because of my problems rather than because of the effectiveness of the band. I am looking for a local nutritionist to work with on a regular basis. The one with my doctor is too far away for me...he is in the city, I am in the 'burbs. I have about 17-20 lbs to lose...again. Only real downfall is that I have to put off my plastic surgery for a while until my weight stablizes again. Oh well...it is what it is. My new band in 12 CCs rather than the 4CC band I had before.

Hi everyone, its been a while! I havn't lost anything since Feb, I think I need to get back on the Liquid Protein. I hope everyone is doing great. I'm still about 15lbs from goal.

Gerio - I agree, the last 20 lbs are so hard to get off. I have about 30 lbs to loose!

Angy - Well, the important thing is your healthy again. You can lose the weight you gained, and I'm glad you finally have a good doc, the last one sucked as you know.

Louisianagirl - Hang in there, I know how you feel. Its been so long since I've lost - I keep losing the same 5 or 10 lbs.

I finally go for fill number 11 next week. I so need it. I'm so discouraged about my fills, I get a fill, it works then it stops. It takes months before I can get in for another one. I started double booking my appointments, so I have one August 6, and another September 17th. I'm hoping my next one will be the one. I'm so close to getting to my sweet spot, it might only take a few drops to get me there.

I just keep thinking that I look soooo much better than I did. If I just get to work and lose this last little bit I will feel better about my accomplishment. I am also focusing on being healthy and eating good. I eat mostly vegetarian I have problems with most meat. Can't eat anything after 7:00 and if I eat dinner after 6:00 I have to be very careful or I get acid reflux when I go to bed.

I love this band, this would have been hard to accomplish without it. It is also so much easier to maintain.

Have a great day,

Hi Band friends,

Sounds like we are all working our programs as best we can. Way to go. I'm still plugging away but not losing. It just takes time. I was marveling at how much physically stronger I am. It feels good.

Tonya, do you PB very often? I struggle with the thought of having a fill because I PB about every other day. I feel that most of the time I'm eating correctly, it is just whatever food...and time of day, day of week, etc. Very varied.

Tonya, do you PB very often? I struggle with the thought of having a fill because I PB about every other day. I feel that most of the time I'm eating correctly, it is just whatever food...and time of day, day of week, etc. Very varied.

Oh man, I wish sometimes I had that problem, then I would have good restriction. I've only PB'd once, and since then, nothing. I don't have to take small bites of food, I can eat anything.

I usually have restriction for a little bit after a fill, but then a week or so later, NOTHING. I'm so frusterated.

I go for my fill #11 - Yes, fill #11 next week, August 6th at 9 am. I'm at 3.9ccs in a 4 cc band and still barely any restriction. I've also already scheduled my fill #12 because I know I will probably have to have another fill after my fill #11. I wish and pray each time that this fill will do the trick, and it seems like it for awhile then zilcho, nothing. So so so frusterating. I want RESTRICTION!

Wow Tonya, that is something. I wonder what the "norm" is supposed to be. I know we have pondered that whole "sweet spot" deal and what does it feel like. Beats Me. I envy the people where the weight comes off just by the reduction of portions and eating right. I should be there if I were in that category.

How is the BFL routine working for you? Keeping after it? I'm a slug this week....barely getting out of bed to do my morning chores!! Up down,up down. I should make my goal consistency!!

Well Body for Life is going "ok", I missed two workout this week, but none last week. I am about to head to the gym now - so I'm still trying.

My eating just has been the struggle. Yesterday was cheesecake factory 30 yr anniversary and all the cheesecake was $1.50, so you know I had to go - ate me an entire piece of cheesecake for dinner - yes, I'm sure that will help me get to goal - NOT.

So, it seems I have no will power with food these days, not sure what to do about it, but just keep trying to get back in the game. Such a struggle these days!

I envy the people where the weight comes off just by the reduction of portions and eating right. I should be there if I were in that category.

You and me both. I envy those people too! If I don't try and "diet" and "exercise" I do not lose! I guess the good thing about the bad is I don't gain either. I might gain 10 lbs or so, but not like I did pre-band. I would gain 50 lbs in 2 months with no problem. It was horrible, so for that fact alone, I do love the band. I just want restriction! I can't believe its been a year and half and I'm still trying to get to my sweet spot, so frusterating.

Well you might be right, cheesecake could be considered Protein, hehehe.

Hi Ladies,

I am so glad I got on here today, I needed to read all of your recent posts. I feel like the biggest LOSER, but not in a good way . . .

Like some of you, I am STRUGGLING to get what should have been those last pounds off, but since I have gained about 10 back, I have to lose those 10 before I can start on the last 15-20. I am so frustrated with myself.

I have had some medical issues that prompted a need for a couple of different medications, both that list 'weigh gain' as a possible side effect. Well YAY ME! I took them both and gained. I am so disguested with myself.

Some of you may remember that I had a Tummy Tuck on February 19th of this year. At that time, I was at a weight that I could live with, but for some reason - (unrealistic expectations on my part I think) I wasn't happy with the result from day one. Sadly, that hasn't change and I am not sure that unhappiness is not factoring into my crappy attitude. I have been eating like I did pre-band and not exercising at all. What I need is a swift kick in the rear!

I have some medical testing early this week (breast biopsy) and then I plan to get back in as soon as possible and get another fill, since much of mine had to be removed a couple of months ago because I had a 'foreign object (huge pill)' lodged . . . I didn't think I had any restriction so I took the pill and as it turned out - I did . . . Grrrr.

I plan to check in here everyday again and hope that you ladies will continue to also. I believe that other people have good intentions, but until you have walked down this road, it is hard to understand what this feels like. I really think we can motivate each other in a way no one else can.

I struggle with the thought of 'why can't you just eat less and exercise more you big doof-us?' but then I remember if I could do that, I wouldn't need the band . . .

I hope to hear from you all again soon. We truly are all in this together and can still be the best form of motivation for each other ~ :teeth_smile:

Hiya Lynn,

So glad you posted. Inspired me to get right over here and be supportive. What a tough time. Hope the biopsy comes out invisible .... if that works, I mean!! As in nothing there.

Anyway, I think you're being too hard on yourself and if you have caught up on the reading here, you will see that many of us are in the same boat...we could have a rear kicking fest!!

I think getting a fill would be a good start for you. For me, I gotta get consistent with the exercise. I think I push too hard with work and house stuff, then exercise on top, then I have a week where I'm pooped and don't do anything.

But, stick with us...we will help each other. What a time we all seem to be having!!