Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Very Ready! January 18th is fast approaching, and I can't wait! It has been an amazing year, and I hope to cross 2 boundries prior to my bandiversary:

Lose 100 lbs. (just 4 more to go!)

And be in Onederland! (just 5 more to go!)

Cindi - congratulations on a remarkable weightloss! Your one of my band twins! I was banded 1/18/07 too!

Thanks sunshine for letting me know about this tread.

So is everyone ready for our FIRST band anniversary???????

I'm ready! What a wonderful year it has been. Just think, this time last year we were nervous, wondering what our lives were going to be like with the band, etc. Now we are banded and considered "experienced" bandsters now. lol, my how time flys.

Exercise challenge thread - come on everyone - its right around the corner, who is in?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f88/exercise-challenge-2008-a-47589/#post661630

Merry Christmas my band friends,

When I was driving over the mountains to get to my parents house (the roads were icy, so I was doing some introspective thinking) and I realized that I am very blessed in life. Of course, my family and friends, but also with you all. I thank you for your support this past year, for the comments, the laughs, the motivations, etc. I know that without you and this site, my successes wouldn't have been as much. I am determined, but it is nice to have this support and to know others are going through the same process. I'm looking forward to our next year with each other and our bands. I hope that we can continue to support and motivate, to laugh and sometimes cry together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Many blessings to all of you!

Shawn

Cindi - congratulations on a remarkable weightloss! Your one of my band twins! I was banded 1/18/07 too!

Thanks, Tonya, you have also done well! Band twins... I like that. Maybe I can blame my stretched out tummy on the fact that I had twins! (21 years old now, but I kept them 41.5 weeks, 7.5 & 8+ lbs, 21" each...GADS!)

Oh, Christmas is (finally) over! Compared to the last 20 years, I did well. How about everyone else? Don't get me wrong, I'm disgusted with how much nibbling and grazing I did today, and some less than stellar choices, but all and all, I kept it to ONE DAY. Now, to stay away from the leftovers!

I busted butt at the gym for three days prior, and will be there tomorrow morning by 8:00am, pushing my limits, and trying to make a puddle of sweat. Feel like there are toxins in my system if that makes any sense? Too much rich food!

Onward into the new year, everyone get some rest...tomorrow's a new day!:notagree

Merry Christmas my band friends,

When I was driving over the mountains to get to my parents house (the roads were icy, so I was doing some introspective thinking) and I realized that I am very blessed in life. Of course, my family and friends, but also with you all. I thank you for your support this past year, for the comments, the laughs, the motivations, etc. I know that without you and this site, my successes wouldn't have been as much. I am determined, but it is nice to have this support and to know others are going through the same process. I'm looking forward to our next year with each other and our bands. I hope that we can continue to support and motivate, to laugh and sometimes cry together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Many blessings to all of you!

Shawn

Shawn - ditto! whenever I'm feeling down, I can always turn to this thread for support.

I think next year is just going to be so exciting for all of us, we are on our road to either maintenance or losing the final weight. We are finally figuring the band out, we know what to do and what not to do.

Tonya

Thanks, Tonya, you have also done well! Band twins... I like that. Maybe I can blame my stretched out tummy on the fact that I had twins! (21 years old now, but I kept them 41.5 weeks, 7.5 & 8+ lbs, 21" each...GADS!)

Cindi - you are woman, hear you roar! Wow, having twins at over 7 lbs each is almost not heard of. The good thing though is I bet they were healthy and didn't have to stay in the hospital. My grandfather was a twin and my great grandmother carried them (we are assuming full term) because my grandpa weighed over 10 lbs and his twin sister was 8. My mother was also a twin, however, she only weighed 4 lbs and her twin sadly died at birth.

Oh, Christmas is (finally) over! Compared to the last 20 years, I did well. How about everyone else? Don't get me wrong, I'm disgusted with how much nibbling and grazing I did today, and some less than stellar choices, but all and all, I kept it to ONE DAY. Now, to stay away from the leftovers!
I'm disgusted with food. All I've done the past month since my unfill is eat, eat, eat, and I've eaten nothing but sugar. I am to the point that I am sick of all of it. I'm ready to get serious again and get to my goal!
I busted butt at the gym for three days prior, and will be there tomorrow morning by 8:00am, pushing my limits, and trying to make a puddle of sweat. Feel like there are toxins in my system if that makes any sense? Too much rich food!

Good for you getting to the gym! Yes, it makes totally sense, I feel the same way, I feel bloated down with nothing but horrible junk in my system. Its time to get serious and head to the gym. I think my DH is finally on board to get the gym too. He came home from a hunting trip and was telling me how horrible shape he is in. He is not over weight at all (I call him "skinny fat"), he just is so out of shape now that he has a desk job and is 45 years old. So, he might be my new workout partner.

Twins are amazing. I went C-sect, not even ready to give 'em up at 41 weeks! You really do have them running in your family! Wonder if your mom feels a 'loss'. I actually lost a second set of twins 3 1/2 months into the pregnancy 2 years after giving birth to my twins. Needless to say, upset...but don't if I could have handled it.

Count me jealous if you are successful getting hubby to be your workout partner. That would be my dream...mine needs to for general health reasons. He is so over-stressed, over-worked. I try to convince him that a little focused movement would give him energy. He's one of those, 'don't have time' kinda guys. Occasionally, I think he might join me. Says he wants to. But...LOL! Not gonna happen soon. He's not over weight...lost about 30 himself last year. Could lose 20-30 more, but very strong, normal sized. Oh well. I'll try not to pester him, but I would love the company.

BTW, made it to the gym, for my post holiday punishment. It felt wonderful! Pumping the Water today, to get rid of all this salt in my system!

Cindi - you are doing great and inspiring me! Well, my DH tells me is going to start working out, but getting him to the gym is a different story. lol. But I will see.

Did pretty good on eating yesterday, I turned down sweets! So, I might be getting some of my will power back. I'm trying to get it out of my system (the sugar). I've been on a sugar kick for 4 months I think!

I go for a "smart lipo" consultation on January 2nd, I'm not sure when and if I will do it, right now I'm just starting the journey with lots of questions to ask the doctor. I'm not sure they can do it with my port.

Cindi - you are doing great and inspiring me! Well, my DH tells me is going to start working out, but getting him to the gym is a different story. lol. But I will see.

Men are funny creatures. I always tell him I am losing the weight and getting in shape so he can have a trophy wife....ha! No mistake, I am doing for myself, but I do think of him, and that he's been so supportive and proud of me, I want to "give back" to him. He's one of those that never saw my excess weight, never once commented on it, loves and compliments me no matter what. Kinda wish he'd encouraged me to take care of myself, tho.

Did pretty good on eating yesterday, I turned down sweets! So, I might be getting some of my will power back. I'm trying to get it out of my system (the sugar). I've been on a sugar kick for 4 months I think!

Sugar is the devil! We are FRIENDS!! Gawd, I know how those little smidgeon bites add up, and send me into a sugar frenzy. Can you say Jelly Belly Toasted Marshmallow?

I go for a "smart lipo" consultation on January 2nd, I'm not sure when and if I will do it, right now I'm just starting the journey with lots of questions to ask the doctor. I'm not sure they can do it with my port.

Is that the "fig" injections? Can't wait to hear...I would consider those in my bat wing arms if they work. Maybe on my turkey neck. Right now, with 50-65 lbs to go, I have no idea if I'll need PS. I know I want it, just not if I need it! LOL! Silly for vanity to rear it's ugly head after 50, with grown children and a blessed life...but it has!

I'm off to the gym. The eliptical is calling me...now to convince my calves.:eek:

Got home from the family yesterday and my mom had given us a boatload of leftover candy, fudge, Cookies, etc. I argued with her but didn't win. So, my mind was working on how I could eat all those yummies...and I could. However, my dog, Hank, the english pointer, has a new trick, of checking out what is on the kitchen counters....he dumped the whole container on the floor, and he and his four legged buddies, scooped up a bunch of the goodies...the rest went into the garbage. Was worried about the chocolate for them, but they seem great. I WAS

Got home from the family yesterday and my mom had given us a boatload of leftover candy, fudge, Cookies, etc. I argued with her but didn't win. So, my mind was working on how I could eat all those yummies...and I could. However, my dog, Hank, the english pointer, has a new trick, of checking out what is on the kitchen counters....he dumped the whole container on the floor, and he and his four legged buddies, scooped up a bunch of the goodies...the rest went into the garbage. Was worried about the chocolate for them, but they seem great. I WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY TO HAVE IT HAPPEN! I must be getting better.

I'd love my DH to work out with me as well. He is usually so into it, except for this past year. It was so strange, as he is usually running or just doing something. He did walk with me a few times but nothing consistent.

Is that the "fig" injections? Can't wait to hear

Here is some info on it - Smart Lipo Treatment Information, SmartLipo Cost - DermaNetwork.org also here - Tulsa liposuction Doctor offering SmartLipo procedures from Advanced Skin Solutions of Tulsa

I am so emotional reading all of your posts.

You know my band slipped and I had emergency surgery in September. It was horrible. I have since been in a fog and as I come out of it I feel very alone and isolated. I haven't come in here to read posts for months because I felt like I had failed somehow.

Well, I just got caught up on all of your posts, struggles, challenges and I feel so much better. I can't begin to tell you. Yes, some of you have lost more and some of you have lost the same or less. But most importantly, we are on this journey together and I can succeed, even with this complication.

I have been so very depressed. Thank you all for your honesty. I have a renewed hope that I can do this, succeed and all is well.

Jennifer

Welcome back Jen,

I must have missed the post of your band slipping. What caused it? Or does it just happen? What do they do to fix it? Hopefully not surgery again, but???

I think that everyone has some trials and tribulations regarding this journey. We have had people who have suffered loss of loved ones, injuries, illnesses, etc. I'm sure it is all an enormous setback, but this is the place to come for the support and motivation to get back on track. Let us be there for you and when one of us is having a time, be there for us.