Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

TOM is coming for me too and I feel bloated!

I am still going to the gym and am excited about the little changes I am staring to see! I can't wait to see how my body changes in response to the weight training and being "thin".

How is everyone doing? Any one have any New Years Resolutions?

Audree - I just sent you an email!

I'm doing okay, just trying to wrap up my year end. I'm ready for some vacation days to do NOTHING. I get 6 weeks of vacation January 1st and I cannot wait! I have used all my days up this year since I was injured and I really need some "me time".

I really love my band - even though I'm not losing right now, I'm not gaining. I love it! If I never lose another pound, I think I can be happy where I am now. I would like to get smaller, but I'm okay with my size. This year has been a wonderful year, dispite my injury, my house flooding and my grandmother dying, it still has been a remarkable year for me.

Next year, well, it can only get better! I'm ready to kick 2007 to the curb and bring on 2008, because we know its going to be great!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that I'm having Lasik surgery on my eyes in January too. Not sure of the exact date yet, but I go for my consultation on 1/2/07 and I'm hoping to have it scheduled by the next week. I've got all my money set aside for it.

After wearing contacts and glasses for 31 years, I will be rid of them. I am so excited!

My next goal is I will start saving up for a lower body lift/thigh lift for 2009 - at least thats my goal - not sure if I will do it, but I'm leaning toward it right now.

I'm not doing resolutions....I think they are a trap for me and I want to just make a commitment to more exercise. To make it more consistent in my life.

I'm also considering doing the coolrunnings training for a 5 k race..not that I'm thinking about running a race..I actually hate to run...but in my history, the only time I've been "thin" was when I've run. I was in a police acadamy in 1989 and ran three miles a day every morning....I weighed 169 (not exactly thin, but I wore a size 12 and thought I looked pretty good) and I was in shape. We also did a bunch of strength training as well. Ahhh, those were the days and I loved it.

But I'm more thinking of as a personal challenge. I did get, a few years ago...Bob Greene's book on working out...the Oprah Boot Camp Challenge...sort of the same idea...just an intense workout regime.

I am going to quit drinking alcohol for a good while. I'm an occasional drinker now but I can do without. I'm going to really cut out the sugars such as Cookies, sweets, etc. And really watch the carbs. I want to sort of clean out my system.

I was also wondering about getting some bands? Anyone use them?
<br /> <br /> I have a set of bands with handles at each end. I like them a lot because you can do many different things. You can put them around something else really really sturdy (I use one of our basement poles) and do chest presses or flys, seated rows, delt flys. My set also came with a little loop with a weight on one end that you can shut in a door -- I use this to do lat pulldowns and tricep pushdowns. It's nice to have variety. Plus, my dumbbells only go up to 10 and the bands give me more resistance than that. I think the tightest one is rated at 30lbs.<br /> <br /> This is the set I have: Block Fitness Systems, Inc. - Home - Gym on the Go-The workout for home or the road I think you may have just inspired me to haul it out again.

My only resolution this year is to exercise consistently. I'm with Sula on that one -- they usually end up working against me.

I'm happy to report that small bites are working. I've been eating better things and actually enjoying it!

Tonya -- lasik! That's so exciting! I keep trying to talk DH into, but I think he's still nervous about it. I know 3 people who had it done and they all think it's the absolute greatest thing.

Maria

Yep, next year my goal is to make exercise a part of life again. Today is my 11 month band anniversary and I'm up 3 lbs from last month. Normally I would be upset, but I'm really not. I havent stuck to my eating plan, I've got little restiction, so up 3 lbs is great in my eyes.

I get my next fill on my 1 year band anniversary, I wish I could get it sooner, but so far no one has cancelled. bummer.

I had lasix in 2000 and have loved it. I don't have perfect vision in one eye, but the other is good. They couldn't tweek it any as I have thin corneas,..,but it is great to not have to put cold contacts in your eyes in the morning...to be able to see the moment you open your eyes.

I just had a couple of bite of salad and got partially stuck...just cleared actually...whew...I'm sure TOM is coming any moment now. I did make myself weigh in and am up 5...I figure 3 from TOM and a couple from eating crap. I'm not upset and have gotten myself on track today.

I scheduled a fill for the 8ths of January. Only one guy here does it, which is good, as it would be a haul to anywhere else, but he is busy. Charges 200 per.....and 100 for an unfill. So, I'm putting things into place for January and my getting more focused on eating healthy, exercising, etc. I'm going to check out those bands. I've been doing a big of strength stuff since Sunday, squats, etc. Every bit helps.

Sula - glad to hear that you like Lasik. My DH had it last year and has 20/20 now. I have been wearing contacts for so long and I am just so tired of them. I will love being able to wake up and see again! Not having to fumble for my glasses on my nightstand just so I can go to the restroom. grrrrrr.

Man, I wish I could get stuck at this point. lol. NOt really, but you know what I mean, I want to feel something, I want to feel that restriction. I have 1 more month to go before I can get my fill. I hate the fact that I have to wait SOOOOO long to get in to see the doc. He only does fills on Friday, he is so nice that he does fills for EVERYONE, all these people use him that had their surgery in Mexico.

He doesn't actually do the Lap Band surgery, he only helps my surgeon out, he lifts the liver while my surgeon does the Lap-Band or RNY so he is busy with surgery M-Th, and on Friday he does fills at the hospital under Flouro. He has gotten popular with all the surrounding areas because he charges a flat fee of $200 for fills, and some charge $500 and one guy charges $1000, crazy. So needless to say, he is very busy. It takes 2 months any more to see him. I hate that, but I really like him.

I am ready to get the rest of my weight off, I'm ready to start focussing on health and exercise. My knee injury has really hampered my efforts, it is still sore and I still limp but I'm hoping by January it will be healed enough. So we'll see.

I'm excited about 2008 because I feel this will be the year that I will reach my goal, whatever it may be. I feel that I will be in the best shape of my adult life and I'm excited about the future.

I probably need to change my ticker, to show my weight at 170 and not 167 because I'm up 3 pounds.

Audree is getting me excited about strength training again. I miss the gym, I really do.

Okay, after watching my favorite show last night, (The Biggest Loser) it was the finale and seeing the changes everyone has made, it has really motivated me to get back to the gym, ASAP!

Did anyone catch the show. Its just amazing to see all these people lose 100 lbs of pounds and looks so good and fit.

No, I was too busy eating pizza and chocolate...my bad!! I need to watch those motivational shows!!

I need to get some slimquick too. Geez, I'm being bad this week. Like no will power. I'm actually not feeling as robust with all the sugar/carbs in my diet this week. Time to make some changes, before the new year. I through office parties for clients three days in a row, but this is the last day and then tomorrow...I MUST BE GOOD!! I'm sure some of this must be TOM...crampy and bloated, no period yet. Argggg.

You know what I think guys....I think we are going to kick A** in January tho. I can really sense the determination from postings here. It is rather exciting. One thing I am learning tho, this season...I need to have a better plan for the holidays next year.

Hey all…it's been a few weeks since I've been online and posted. I've not even lurked to be honest. Stressful with the death of my boyfriends Dad. Just want to 'be there' for him every way I can. I've not been feeling my best, b/c food has been 'crap'; not all of the best quality - too many carbs, too much sugar, too few Proteins. But - I'm at least aware of it, and I'm working toward getting it turned around. So much of me wants to say "Screw it, I'll do it in the new year". But, I've worked too hard for what I've already accomplished.

First Christmas season with my band…and the food is all around. I can not express to you how much restriction I have. I am NOT complaining by any means. I love going to a Christmas party and hardly touching my food. And honestly - I am not feeling hungry. Not even for Breakfast - and that is very, very, very unusual. This time of year usually stresses me out and I eat. Not now!!! Ha. I know I've dropped inches - I don't know about pounds. But I am getting compliments like crazy - and believe me it feels good. Wearing things I've not worn in years. Actually, skipping right past those 'for some day' clothes - what a great feeling.

I was a little worried, b/c it seemed like I was PBing everyday for a few days - and I worried about slippage. And then my loud throat gurgling started again a couple times - again it went away. My throat muscles even felt sore from pbing…and I got worried. But all is fine now.

For those out in OK - my prayers are with you all!!!

As far as my portions; not even close to what I would have eaten right before TOM. But, this month, TOM didn't loosen me up as much as last month. No rhyme or reason.

I'm feeling like I'm rushing through my post - but I just wanted to get on and say HI to my inspirations. I'll be on regulary…I have to - otherwise I loose motivation.

PS: My New Year's resolution for last year was :TO LOOSE WEIGHT! LOL. This year...more weight. But...the workouts have to increase.

You know what I think guys....I think we are going to kick A** in January tho. I can really sense the determination from postings here. It is rather exciting.

Yes we are!

Sherilynn - glad to see you post, how is your bf? My DH lost his dad 4 1/2 yrs ago, and he still hasn't gotten over it. It has gotten easier on him, but he and I miss him terribly.

Hang in there, it does get better.

Isn't it wonderful that you feel so in control of your food at parties. I want that feeling back! I feel like such a failure these days, but I'm trying to stay positive and keep my chin up. I'm trying not to worry about my weight and be happy how far I've come, but - I do have my weak moments, like today.

Hey girls! Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Guess what! I walked on the treadmill today! Yay me! :)

And, I went shopping and got some sweaters at Lane Bryant -- in a smaller size! Wheee!

It's been a good day. DH and finished all of our Christmas shopping in one marathon 5 hour trip. We are totally wiped out!