Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hey all…

I'm back after the holiday.

Sunshine - OMG - I am so sorry to hear about what went down with you! But I'm SO glad you went and had everything taken care of. I hope you're back to GREAT really soon!!

Sula - I ALSO lost over the holiday. Only 1/2 pound - but still a loss!

My issue; I did a big dinner (just for me and my boyfriend). He had dinner at his parents at 1 p.m., by the time he got to me - he wasn't 'so' hungry. Me…I couldn't eat. I had MAJOR restriction for whatever reason - and turkey is NOT the easiest thing for me to get down. So…that damn 21 pound turkey went uneaten for the most part. I did make turkey salad. Had that for Breakfast. When I think to one year ago; preband - WOW, I ate SO much. What I did do on Sunday was 'graze'. Totally and completely out of boredom. And I was so aware of it. Thank god I still had restriction, or I'd probably have shown a gain this a.m.

Well all - our FIRST thanksgiving. I am VERY thankful for my band!

Hey all, there seems to be someone from our January group that needs some support...well, more than one..check out the listings under our janaury monthly support group..you'll see who I'm talking about.

Well, good news from me...I lost a pound. Practically unheard of given the holiday!! But I do believe that the reality is that I got stuck yesterday at noon and wasn't able to eat dinner. Soft foods for me today!! oatmeal with Protein Powder for breakfast!! YummY

How did you all do?

Hey Sula...I missed it - can't find who??

Well, I got a call from the hospital today and I could not get in to get my next fill until January 18th! BUMMER! I really wanted to get it in December. I'm also getting my next fill on my 1 year Band Anniversary.

The scale is up.....but I bet it is because they pumped so much Fluid into me at the hospital. So I'm not too worried about it.

I've managed to stay "pretty" clean today. I did have a few bites of pumpkin cheesecake, but only 2 bites. The rest of the day was grilled chicken and baked chicken.

Hope everyone is doing good. Didn't you think this Thanksgiving was so much different than last years? Just think how much you would have eaten had you NOT had the band. Even if you splurged, it was not as much as you would have eaten PRE band.

sherrilynn---read "i need a kick in the arse" under our January 2007 group. Just some folks, which we would all qualify, who sometimes need some support!! AND we are so good a group to do that!

Tonya,

Wow, that seems pretty far out for a fill....is that because you need healing time or is it the time they have available?

Well, I got a call from the hospital today and I could not get in to get my next fill until January 18th! BUMMER! I really wanted to get it in December. I'm also getting my next fill on my 1 year Band Anniversary.

quote]

Now you KNOW that if the shoe was on the other foot - you'd be giving me the advice to TAKE IT EASY - and let my body heal. So, I hope that you can take comfort in knowing you're only doing what is best for the body. As for the mind...now I know that's a hard one!! :(

Sherilynn

I was just looking at your fill history...your first fill was 7cc? Wow...that seems amazing. I'm at 7 now..after four fills. I started off with 2. You must really feel restriction with that much total fill.

Sherilynn

I was just looking at your fill history...your first fill was 7cc? Wow...that seems amazing. I'm at 7 now..after four fills. I started off with 2. You must really feel restriction with that much total fill.

Hi Sula,

I have the 'big band' for starters. It can hold way more than the 10ccs. After surgery I had a 90 day 'wait period' via insurance before I could get a fill. So at that point, I was with NO fill what so ever. The doctors were aggressive, to get me on the road to weightloss. I've actually not even 'up'd' my signature, to reflect my latest fill information. I'm at 11 ccs right now. Doc says that I can get about 18 in there. I do have restriction most of the time - but like everyone else, mine varies day to day, hour to hour, food by food. I could probably get another fill but I'm waiting until after the holidays to REALLY restrict myself. I personally don't want to be full on just 2 or 3 tablespoons of food. lol

Yes, Sherrilynn - you are right...I'm healing :). But I still don't like it. lol.

I'm actually doing pretty good. Not overeating at all, I feel some sort of restriction I think. But not as much. I am just trying to make healthy choices and eat what I know I'm supposed to eat. Following the rules to a T!

I have 2 outfits in my closet that I have kept for about (embarrasing to say) 20 years. One is a size 12 - more like a size 8 in todays world, I know once I fit into this skirt, I will have made it. That is my goal, to fit into this skirt. I tried it on last night and I still have a ways to go. Couldn't even zip it! LOL. It amazing how the sizes has changed!

I remember wearing this skirt and I always felt so slim & trim when I wore it, so its kinda a reminder of where I want to be I guess. I weighed around 140 when I wore it, so I'm hoping when I get to goal of 145 or 148 I can fit into it.

I also have a SIZE 14 skirt suit that I love, its so pretty and still has the tags on it. Yes, I've held on to this for 17 years and I have never been able to fit into it. Its a very very small 14 becasue I am wearing 12's or 10's now. The skirt fits me, but the jacket does not. The skirt is still tight, but I was able to zip it. Anyhow, those two outfits are my inspiration right now. I have thenm hanging on my bedroom door so I can see it every morning when I walk out of my bedroom to start my day. Its a reminder to me to "be good" & "make good choices" and "exercise".

Yes, Sherrilynn - you are right...I'm healing :). But I still don't like it. lol.

I'm actually doing pretty good. Not overeating at all, I feel some sort of restriction I think. But not as much. I am just trying to make healthy choices and eat what I know I'm supposed to eat. Following the rules to a T!

I have 2 outfits in my closet that I have kept for about (embarrasing to say) 20 years. One is a size 12 - more like a size 8 in todays world, I know once I fit into this skirt, I will have made it. That is my goal, to fit into this skirt. I tried it on last night and I still have a ways to go. Couldn't even zip it! LOL. It amazing how the sizes has changed!

I remember wearing this skirt and I always felt so slim & trim when I wore it, so its kinda a reminder of where I want to be I guess. I weighed around 140 when I wore it, so I'm hoping when I get to goal of 145 or 148 I can fit into it.

I also have a SIZE 14 skirt suit that I love, its so pretty and still has the tags on it. Yes, I've held on to this for 17 years and I have never been able to fit into it. Its a very very small 14 becasue I am wearing 12's or 10's now. The skirt fits me, but the jacket does not. The skirt is still tight, but I was able to zip it. Anyhow, those two outfits are my inspiration right now. I have thenm hanging on my bedroom door so I can see it every morning when I walk out of my bedroom to start my day. Its a reminder to me to "be good" & "make good choices" and "exercise".

Well, I am CONVINCED that the longer clothes stay in the closet and aren't worn - the more they shrink!! :whoo:

Seriously; I know that some things DO shrink, but amazing what sizes are like in today's world.

I always would hear about how Marilyn Monroe was full figured. OH yea????? :)

Well, I am CONVINCED that the longer clothes stay in the closet and aren't worn - the more they shrink!! :whoo:

Seriously; I know that some things DO shrink, but amazing what sizes are like in today's world.

I always would hear about how Marilyn Monroe was full figured. OH yea????? :)

Yes, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. But the 14's back then are now a size 10.

I heard that the clothing designers had to "re-think" the sizes because American's were so much fatter now, and they know how women are,they will refuse to buy a bigger size, so what do the designers do? They just change the sizes around. Women think, Oh, I'm still in a size X, when reality, the size X got bigger too. Its deceiving.

I hate those women who wear a freaken size 0. I never wore a size 0 in my life, skipped right over it! LOL.

My goal is to be a size 8, I will be happy with a size 10, but 8 is my ultimate goal. Just to be in the single digits is unimaginable to me.

I'm shooting for a size 12. When I think about sizes, and how I'm still in a size 18 after losing 53 pounds...I wonder how tight those 20's were. My 18's are loose now, thank god..but not feeling quite like a size 16.

I was watching Marie Osmond on some show and she has lost over 30 pounds on the DWTS's show. I thought she was a little pudgy at first, but not really bad...she has had 8 kids and I think there is a mature weight that grown ups get versus teen weights. Anyway...she was a size 10 when she started the show...now a size 4. It really gave me some perspective on my vision. I think she is adorable...so personable and funny.

Yes, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. But the 14's back then are now a size 10.

I heard that the clothing designers had to "re-think" the sizes because American's were so much fatter now, and they know how women are,they will refuse to buy a bigger size, so what do the designers do? They just change the sizes around. Women think, Oh, I'm still in a size X, when reality, the size X got bigger too. Its deceiving....

I've heard that, too. I still have most of my clothes from high school, so I'm using those as the yardstick for how much I really have to lose. When I fit into those shorts from 1983, I know I'll be at the right weight.

FYI, my brachioplasty is in 8 hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Enterpriseo1 - I'm so excited for you!!!! Make sure you take your before pic & after pic!

I want a lower body lift! My poor thighs will never be the same.

Sula - I totally agree with you about the difference in an Adult weight and the teen weight. I know I will never have my size 4 back, nor do I think I want it. After having 2 kids, my body has changed, I won't have the same body as I did in my teens. I'm okay with that.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Enterprise - make sure to post and tell us how everything went!

I just wanted to drop to see if there is any news from Enterprise today after her surgery.

I have been in a very long plateau, and just can't seem to get the scale moving. I should be pleased that I stayed the same through Thanksgiving, but.... I have not been motivated to get moving and stick with my gym routine. I think I need a kick in the rear.

Today's local newspaper had an obituary for a 33 year old beautiful lady that died yesterday. My husband called to let me know that she died in Houston during lap band surgery. I did not know her but this is very upsetting! It wasn't the lapband, but an allergic reaction to general anesthesia. I am waiting to find out who her surgeon was.

Maybe I shouldn't post now while I am in a slump, but then again you all are so good at giving encouragement (and a kick in the rear when needed).