Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

His number is 713.798.6141 and he's in the O'Quinn Medical Tower (formerly St. Luke's Tower) in the Med Center. I think they told me he charges $150 for a consultation, and if possible, they bill it to your insurance. Usually if you have to pay the consultation fee out of pocket, it's applied to the cost of surgery. I'll have more details later today.

Audree - How soon after surgery did you start massaging the scars? I don't want to risk stretching the scar because it hasn't healed enough.

I started as soon as they were healed which was maybe after 6 weeks. You can't stretch them out. The scar tissue needs to be broken down. You will feel it under the skin. Eventually it will be flat.

I had my consultation with Dr. Heller today about doing the brachioplasty. He wants me to lose another 10 pounds before he will do the surgery. The great news is that he is doing a TV show with a local news channel and is considering me as a candidate for the show. If he chooses me, he will waive his surgical fee and I only have to pay for the OR and anesthesiologist. That would be about $3,000. Now here's the kick in the pants. He wants me to lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks! If I can't get the weight off in time to do the TV show, then I'll have to pay for all of it myself at a later point. That would cost me about $5,100 total. I'm just berating myself for not getting this weight off faster. Argh! I don't know if I can lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I may have to fast and walk about 6 miles every day without fail. Any suggestions?

I had my consultation with Dr. Heller today about doing the brachioplasty. He wants me to lose another 10 pounds before he will do the surgery. The great news is that he is doing a TV show with a local news channel and is considering me as a candidate for the show. If he chooses me, he will waive his surgical fee and I only have to pay for the OR and anesthesiologist. That would be about $3,000. Now here's the kick in the pants. He wants me to lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks! If I can't get the weight off in time to do the TV show, then I'll have to pay for all of it myself at a later point. That would cost me about $5,100 total. I'm just berating myself for not getting this weight off faster. Argh! I don't know if I can lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I may have to fast and walk about 6 miles every day without fail. Any suggestions?

That is so awesome that you could have the surgery at such a low price. Maybe he put the 10 pounds number out there as a carrot to encourage you to lose as much as you can. My only suggestion would be to walk as much as you can, count your calories, and take diuretics before your next weigh in. I hope you are selected for the show. Do you know which channel is doing his TV show? I want to be sure and watch to follow your progress. How do you feel about being a TV star?

I called his office to talk about my PS wish list and discuss a consultation. I'll try to schedule a consult with him in November. What was your impression of him as a surgeon?

This is so exciting for you!

How is everyone doing? I am doing good. I have been feeling pretty tight lately, I guess since I am around that time of the month!

But I am feeling really good!

Where is everyone?

Audree

That is so awesome that you could have the surgery at such a low price. Maybe he put the 10 pounds number out there as a carrot to encourage you to lose as much as you can. My only suggestion would be to walk as much as you can, count your calories, and take diuretics before your next weigh in. I hope you are selected for the show. Do you know which channel is doing his TV show? I want to be sure and watch to follow your progress. How do you feel about being a TV star?

I called his office to talk about my PS wish list and discuss a consultation. I'll try to schedule a consult with him in November. What was your impression of him as a surgeon?

This is so exciting for you!

The show will be on channel 13. The idea of being on TV absolutely horrifies me, and the thought on being on TV for plastic surgery of all things makes it even worse. But saving a couple thousand dollars will be worth it. You may be right about the carrot thing. I'm hoping he won't turn me down if I only lose 7 or 8 pounds. I'm walking a minimum of 4 miles a day and am trying to work up to 6 miles. I'm keeping my calories below 500 and am eating mostly Protein. I'm drinking 4 cups of Water, 4 cups of Crystal Light, and 4 cups of diet ice tea a day. I've been on a mild diuretic for several months now for hormonal problems. I'm going to do some prescription diet pills for the next 2 weeks and that should help tremendously.

Dr. Heller isn't exactly a people person, but I believe his technical skills as a surgeon are excellent. Wanda Chase showed me the scars from her Tummy Tuck and breast lift that he did and they look great. And Wanda is a nurse, so she should be a very good judge of the quality of his work. I think Dr. Heller is probably one of those people who is a little introverted and takes a while to warm up to people. There's also a slight language barrier. His English is very good, but sometimes I have trouble catching what he is saying because of the accent. But I love accents - they make English sound much more beautiful than it really is.

enterprise - I'm sooo jealous!! I can't wait to be able to get plastic surgery. I'm hoping once I lose all my weight I will get a lower body lift. I'm trying to get my credit cards paid off so I can afford it. I'm hoping to be able to do it next year or by January of 2009.

I ordered some quickslim-30 from Audree - just started taking them this morning! Audree - thanks for shipping them so fast!!! I'm hoping to get out of the 170's by my 10 month Band birthday. Gosh, the thought of me weighing in the 160's is so exciting. The thought of me being so close to goal is even more exciting.

I'm on my 3rd week of my last fill, and this week I can tell it has gotten tighter. I think I'm at my sweet spot - FINALLY! I actually had a PB incident. I was exciting that I am having to slow down on eating now. I'm only eating about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food. I get full off coffee in the mornings. I made a chicken breast last 3 meals, finally threw it away, it could have made it to 4 meals. lol.

My knee is getting so much better, my PT thinks I might be able to get on the eliptical machine next week - Yay! I'm ready to start sweating again, I miss exercise so much.

Well, I better get back to work.

Hey all, I'm at my 9 month Bandiversary today! Thanks Sunshine...for getting me to this new post instead of the old longer one!!

My journey has been relatively 'boring'. My weight loss is slow; but steady. The changes in my body are amazing; as far as the shape. Not until THIS WEEK have I truly seen any change (that's why I posted in the Before/After section) for myself.

I didn't sweat like a hog this past summer (A sure tell tale sign of weight loss!). I don't huff. I don't snore. I'm on my 4th fill; and it's terrific. Went for Japanese hibachi this past weekend, and I said it outloud to my DB "The band is stopping me!" - when I left MOST food on my plate. There really haven't been any 'down sides' at all. If anything - it's been emotional for me. Still not 'getting it' when just three shrimp can fill me full!

So glad to still have support on this forum. And I love that I can now give advice, as well as recieve - my payback to band society!!! :whoo:

enterprise - I'm sooo jealous!! I can't wait to be able to get plastic surgery. I'm hoping once I lose all my weight I will get a lower body lift. I'm trying to get my credit cards paid off so I can afford it. I'm hoping to be able to do it next year or by January of 2009.

I ordered some quickslim-30 from Audree - just started taking them this morning! Audree - thanks for shipping them so fast!!! I'm hoping to get out of the 170's by my 10 month Band birthday. Gosh, the thought of me weighing in the 160's is so exciting. The thought of me being so close to goal is even more exciting.

I'm on my 3rd week of my last fill, and this week I can tell it has gotten tighter. I think I'm at my sweet spot - FINALLY! I actually had a PB incident. I was exciting that I am having to slow down on eating now. I'm only eating about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food. I get full off coffee in the mornings. I made a chicken breast last 3 meals, finally threw it away, it could have made it to 4 meals. lol.

My knee is getting so much better, my PT thinks I might be able to get on the eliptical machine next week - Yay! I'm ready to start sweating again, I miss exercise so much.

Well, I better get back to work.

Great!! Let me know how you are doing!!! Keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions!!!

Email me at Audree_Vasallo@hotmail.com

Sunshine -- You'll be there before you know it. The hope of plastic surgery is one of the things that has kept me motivated.

OK everyone, I'm having boyfriend problems. When we met 12 years ago, I weighed 125 lbs. He's seen me gain and lose several times over the years. This time around he's complaining about my weight loss. He says he can feel my ribs and my back bone and he doesn't like that. This weekend he said that he wants his soft round girl back. And he's very upset that I'm going to have plastic surgery. In fact, he's so upset that he's been talking in his sleep. Last night, it was as if he was having a conversation with someone else and he said, "I just don't what she wants anymore." I'm assuming he was talking about me. I tell him everyday how much I love him and want and need him. I reassure him constantly that I'm happy with him and am not interested in any other men. I'm not going to leave him, period. How can I make him feel more secure? I just hate that he thinks I'm not happy with him and that I may leave him because it's so very far from the truth.

Great!! Let me know how you are doing!!! Keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions!!!

Email me at Audree_Vasallo@hotmail.com

I will!! So far so good today...I am just loving my new restriction too!

Sherilynn - you have come sooooo far! It is a long journey with the band. But, its a life changing journey. You have lots of NSV!! I love the no snoring part, my DH loves it too! He finally can get some sleep. lol.

I noticed no more heat rashes this past summer! In the past my thighs rubbes so much, that I would get a rash between my thighs, it would drive me nuts.

. How can I make him feel more secure? I just hate that he thinks I'm not happy with him and that I may leave him because it's so very far from the truth.

I've heard a lot of women having this same problem, where their spouse or significant other feels like they will "lose all their weight & leave them". My DH has even made statements like that to me, just jokingly with me, but I wonder if deep down he may have a fear of that?

Not sure what to do, but keep reasurring him that you are losing weight to feel better about yourself, and the plastic surgery is for that reason as well - and you two can have a better relationship. If you feel better about yourself, all aspects of your life are better, which includes your relationship with him. I'm sure he will come around and realize there is no threat of you leaving him.

Enterprise - WOW, look at your waist! You look GREAT!

I've heard a lot of women having this same problem, where their spouse or significant other feels like they will "lose all their weight & leave them". My DH has even made statements like that to me, just jokingly with me, but I wonder if deep down he may have a fear of that?

Not sure what to do, but keep reasurring him that you are losing weight to feel better about yourself, and the plastic surgery is for that reason as well - and you two can have a better relationship. If you feel better about yourself, all aspects of your life are better, which includes your relationship with him. I'm sure he will come around and realize there is no threat of you leaving him.

You're right. I need to start emphasizing that I'm doing this to feel better, which will only improve my relationship with him. I have not taken that tact before, so I'm going to try it. I'm absolutely crazy about this man and it just breaks my heart that he feels insecure about our relationship.