Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

MaryMC,

I was banded by Dr. Myers back in December. HunterCol is being banded buy him today (he may be done already as I type this) and there are others on the boards that have been banded by him as well. I know that there are a few others here that are getting started with the process as you are.

Let me just say that I love that man! He is so kind, so gentle and quite possibly one of the nicest doctors I've ever met. He truly loves to help obese people get healthy and has designed his bariatric practice and program to help achieve the best outcome for his patients.

If you have any questions just ask away. I'd be happy to answer.

I also urge you to check out the post about our Central Ohio Get-Together happening on March 8. There are a group of us from all different doctors that are meeting at Polaris Mall once a month. Last month there were 12 of us and 6 had been banded, 6 were waiting for surgery. It's a blast and a great place to meet other bandsters and get questions answered.

Good luck to you!

As my surgery date gets closser I am starting to freak out a bit.

I am very excited for the change but also really nervous.

Lets start with this:

I try to only eat organic, I recycle, I try to only use all natural products, I am a strict vegetarian, and I even worry about plastics leeching into my food so I never put plastic in the microwave.....

Um.. well I guess I can stop there now that you all know what a freak I am

I have really researched this and know that the band is what I want to do and need to do. The thing that scares me the most is that I am sticking this man made piece of plastic inside my body so that I can loose weight. I kinda feel like a hypocrite doing this to my body. I don’t know if its nerves but now that my surgery date is almost here I really cant stop thinking about this.

So ..Just before your surgery did any of you start having any crazy irrational fears about doing this.

You are not a freak.

I had this same concern and some kind soul put it to me like this:

If you need a knee replacement so you could walk would say no because it is man-made? If you needed a new heart valve so live would you turn that down?

Having this thing inside of you is what you need to have to be healthy, and it's made of a better quality material than tupperware. You’re freaking because of nerves.

Organic and all natural is fantastic. I was a vegetarian for years and certainly understand your point of view. But the flip side is we live in the 21st century and there is something to be said about better living through technology. (Bless tech's ability to get this message to you.)

No one can question your commitment to environmental or sustainability concerns, or kick their asses if they do, because you have a lapband. No one is allowed to question your integrity aside from yourself, and it seems like you've weighed all the pros and cons and have determined lapbanding is the best option for you to gain control of your life.

If anyone calls you a hypocrite let me know, I’ll kick their ass. You got people.

Yeah! What Juli said!

I love that you are so dedicated to our environment. God Bless you! He would be proud of you for taking as good of care of yourself as you do the earth!

Carol (one of your people! :biggrin:)

Thanks HeatherA! I do have lots of questions and I would love to meet everyone but I have already commited to a baby shower on 3/8. So may be next time. I live in NW Columbus so Polaris really isn't that far.

Hippygirl I agree with eveyone else you are not a hippocrit. You know what is best for your life and your body. Technology is a blessing. You would have a heart bypass if you were told you would die with out it well it is the same thing here. You need this to live a better, healthier life . Just keep your eye on the healthier you. And Yes you have people and I am one of them!!!!

Thanks you guys.

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster this week.

I know its probally just nerves (and this nasty medifast diet)

Its really helpful to be able to come to this board and read when I am freaking out

Yes Hunter- congratulations and take it easy for a few days! You've earned it and now you can start moving ahead with your new life!

We will all want to hear how things went. Two of us have March 17th St. Patrick's Day surgery appointments in the same hospital! We can be up walking the halls together once family goes home!

Only 4 days to go for me!!!

I have lost 14 lbs since Feb 6!!!

I dont see it but sure feels good to see the scale move in that direction for a change.

Did any of you gain weight after surgery?

I worry that once I stop this medifast I will gain it back.

hippiegirl,

That's a great loss! I've not "gained" since surgery, but I do have days when the scale goes up before going down and staying down. Normal weight fluctuations. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you stick to your post-op diet you're sure to lose more after surgery and then it will slow and possibly stop. At that point stick to a healthy diet and add in some exercise and the scale will start moving again for you before you hit your 'sweet spot'.

4 days! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Out of the 6 of you not-banded at our last gathering, one (Hunter) has been banded and 3 of you are on the cusp! How cool is that?????

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

I hope...

I am getting a cold and am waithing for my Dr. to call me back to see if I will have to rescedule.

I am freaking out waiting.

Cross your fingers for me and pray this cold is just going to go away.

I want my surgery tomorrow!!!