Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Special K---love the cats!!! Pearl is so pretty. I love Siamese cats.

Turler--your cat drinks out of his paw? now that is unusual!!! how does he do that? arent cats fascinating.

I have been entertaining a certain "gigolo" cat lately. He comes around every once in awhile, eats, lays around, gets lots of lovin' then leaves for several days. I know he has lots of other women he is seeing. But that is okay, we are "just hooking up", nothing too serious. neither of us is ready to make a committment.

SpecialK, those babies are so adorable!!!!! I want a cat so bad, but so many people in my life are allergic that we'd never have company if we got one. :-(

hahaha, so true, so true Debbie! My kitty won't bend over a bowl to drink!!! So he sticks his paw in the Water and licks it off! Isn't that funny? I think it's because he is too fat...he only eats DOG FOOD! (the bowl is higher, no bending involved). He needs a LapBand too! lol His big brothers don't do that!

Finally, I found someone who has been looking at Riverside. Has anyone had a lapband with Dr. Myers. I attended a seminar with him. I am scheduled for my full day evaluation in two weeks. I would love to hear from anyone about their experience.

Okay, I know I've posted it in three threads on the board but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Started this process in first week of October 2007 attending the information session at Mt. Carmel and had my clearances done by mid-January and sent for insurance approval with Aetna Jan 29, got insurance approval on Feb 18th and now have a surgery date of March 17th. I feel so blessed and yet excited and scared at the same time.

I think it's awesome K! I can't believe how fast that was for you! Like J said, post it everywhere you want!

Carol

Got my approval letter from Aetna in the mail today!! Its in writing..what a good feeling.

My sister in Arizona was going to come for my surgery and keep an eye on me but when we started searching for flight, the cost was over $500 a ticket because that is Spring Break/Easter time for the end of that week. So we just couldn't see spending that money right now given I think I'll be fine. I'd rather for her to come and visit when I'm back on solid foods and feeling good ...and thinner :-)

Kathy,

If you need some caring after let me know. I can run and get you scripts or drive you home from the hospital. Please don't hesitate.

Juli

That's fantastic that you all have been scheduled for banding. :smile2: March will definately be a great month! Good luck to all of you! :) Special K - what a date - March 17 ... talk about finding a pot of gold!

Hi Everyone

Have any of you had your surgery at Riverside? With Dr. Myers? If so, I would appreciate any feed back. I have my all day scheduled for 4/8 and will have surgery shortly after that.

Thanks!

As my surgery date gets closser I am starting to freak out a bit.

I am very excited for the change but also really nervous.

Lets start with this:

I try to only eat organic, I recycle, I try to only use all natural products, I am a strict vegetarian, and I even worry about plastics leeching into my food so I never put plastic in the microwave.....

Um.. well I guess I can stop there now that you all know what a freak I am

I have really researched this and know that the band is what I want to do and need to do. The thing that scares me the most is that I am sticking this man made piece of plastic inside my body so that I can loose weight. I kinda feel like a hypocrite doing this to my body. I don’t know if its nerves but now that my surgery date is almost here I really cant stop thinking about this.

So ..Just before your surgery did any of you start having any crazy irrational fears about doing this.