Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Hi! How nice to get to hear comments and discussions from Banders who aren't too far from me. As I said, I live in the Mansfield area and I'm not banded yet - but in only 8 days I will be :clap2:

I don't know what the family situation is for the rest of you, but I'm single (divorced) and was thinking maybe it would be fun for some of us to get together - maybe halfway between Columbus and Mansfield somewhere for our own little LB group !

Something to think about. Looks like Juli is the only one of us who is already been through the surgery. I'm just getting ready to start the pre-op diet on Wed.

Judy

Works for me! Now do we meet up at a restaurant? Is that wrong? Really I'd like to see what it's like to eat out with a band, as I eat out a bit. Maybe that's one of my problems! :o

Eating out isn't a joyless experience, but it very, very different. You are there to chat with the people and oh, yeah to put some nutrition in your body.

It's a lot cheaper too! :o

If you want to meet up half way between here and Mansfield I could do it, but my schedule is rather tight. I'm a single mom and have my kid half the time, every 2 or 3 days. Like next week, Weds or Thursday would be my earliest opportunity.

And meeting for coffee is a choice as well.

Juli

I'd love to join in some sort of support group. Right now, I'm looking mostly for more info and personal experiences from lap-banders.

HeatherA, you heard anything from Riverside yet?

No I haven't. I've actually been advised to call and schedule the appointment with Annie myself. I just haven't had the time to do so yet. I hope to call sometime this week if I don't hear from them.

How about you?

:faint::faint:

Hi! How nice to get to hear comments and discussions from Banders who aren't too far from me. As I said, I live in the Mansfield area and I'm not banded yet - but in only 8 days I will be :clap2:

I don't know what the family situation is for the rest of you, but I'm single (divorced) and was thinking maybe it would be fun for some of us to get together - maybe halfway between Columbus and Mansfield somewhere for our own little LB group !

Something to think about. Looks like Juli is the only one of us who is already been through the surgery. I'm just getting ready to start the pre-op diet on Wed.

Judy

That'd be great! I'm definitely up for that!

Works for me! Now do we meet up at a restaurant? Is that wrong? Really I'd like to see what it's like to eat out with a band, as I eat out a bit. Maybe that's one of my problems! :o

I like to eat out too. Everything fun that we do in our family is so centered on food... my entire extended family. I'm not sure what I'll do when I can't relate over food...

No I haven't. I've actually been advised to call and schedule the appointment with Annie myself. I just haven't had the time to do so yet. I hope to call sometime this week if I don't hear from them.

How about you?

Have not heard anything yet, think I will try to call tomorrow and see if I can get something set up for the first appointment.

Hey Juli, how long did you take off work after being banded? I hoping to only take a few days. I'm not telling anyone at work what I am doing (which might be hard seeing as I go to lunch with the same group everyday!) so the less time off the better. I have a desk job, so I'm hoping that helps.

Of course having a desk job and going to lunch most days is one of the things that got me here in the first place!! :o Oh well..

Also did you have to be on any pain meds after? And if so for how long and how bad was the recovery?

Topdownbug, good luck starting the liquid diet!

I was off for two weeks. I have a desk job too....

I thought I'd be able to run around and play the second week off, but I really felt like I was hit by a bus and needed that second week just to nap and not be responsible for anything.

But others get over it much quicker than I did.

How do you plan to get around the friend/lunch not telling thing? Maybe that you had gall bladder surgery or something???

How do you plan to get around the friend/lunch not telling thing? Maybe that you had gall bladder surgery or something???

Not sure, have not really planned that out yet!! I might start talking my lunch more, and try to go to places where I can get less to eat.

I guess I should just tell people, I just really don't want too, I'm funny that way. Just going to the seminars was stressful for me, and don't want to discuss getting the surgery with my co-workers.

Have not heard anything yet, think I will try to call tomorrow and see if I can get something set up for the first appointment.

Let me know how it goes. I will hopefully be able to call today or tomorrow.

Not sure, have not really planned that out yet!! I might start talking my lunch more, and try to go to places where I can get less to eat.

I guess I should just tell people, I just really don't want too, I'm funny that way. Just going to the seminars was stressful for me, and don't want to discuss getting the surgery with my co-workers.

We are such opposites that way. I have no problem telling everyone that knows me what I'm doing. I don't think I'll advertise it to strangers, but everyone in my "sphere" has watched me struggle for years, they know I'm fat... not a big secret... they know I've dieted... and most of them are going to know that I've had surgery. I figure the more support I have, the more motivated I'll be to be successful at this. Plus, I figure if my experience can help just one person then it's worth it.

My only fear is that the food police will be in force everywhere I go. They used to do that to me when I first was going gang busters on WW several years ago. Eventually they got bored and left me alone... but I figure after surgery I'll start noticing it again. *sigh

It's almost like being pregnant and having everyone touch your belly... they all just think they have the right.

I was off for two weeks. I have a desk job too....

I thought I'd be able to run around and play the second week off, but I really felt like I was hit by a bus and needed that second week just to nap and not be responsible for anything.

But others get over it much quicker than I did.

When I had my gallbladder out in 1996 I took longer to recover than most and I expect that with this as well. I kept hearing all of these people that were up and about easily in a day or so. I think I was down for at least a week. Luckily I work mostly from home, so I can do that in bed, but I do have a 2-day a week job that I will take off for a while. I hope it's only a week though, I hate being sick :-)

Got the ball rolling with Riverside, they still need to check some stuff out with my insurance, but I'm hoping it will work out. If not guess I'm paying!!

I have a 16 month old at home, so my desk job might be easier than staying at home. :eek:

Hi ! I talked to Annie yesterday when they were here in Mansfield. I still owed some on my fees and since my surgery is next Wed, I thought maybe instead of taking it out of my own money I'd apply for the Care Credit (18 mo no interest) account. I was approved so I can now pay the rest of the money without using my own funds.

I tried one of the liquid diet drinks last night and it was actually pretty tasty. Sort of tasted like kool aid. Tomorrow morning starts the real deal. I'm having a few potato chips (my real weakness) tonight before bed.. then throwing the bag away.

Onward and upward (or should I say downward?). This is very exciting for me!! I hope I don't get too cranky though.. I'm babysitting my grandson on Friday night, don't want to take it out on him.

Hi ! I talked to Annie yesterday when they were here in Mansfield. I still owed some on my fees and since my surgery is next Wed, I thought maybe instead of taking it out of my own money I'd apply for the Care Credit (18 mo no interest) account. I was approved so I can now pay the rest of the money without using my own funds.

I tried one of the liquid diet drinks last night and it was actually pretty tasty. Sort of tasted like kool aid. Tomorrow morning starts the real deal. I'm having a few potato chips (my real weakness) tonight before bed.. then throwing the bag away.

Onward and upward (or should I say downward?). This is very exciting for me!! I hope I don't get too cranky though.. I'm babysitting my grandson on Friday night, don't want to take it out on him.

Yeah I'm sure the shakes are good, it's just only drinking them and nothing else that's the problem!:eek:

Are you getting any insurance help or all self-pay, and do you know what the total cost at Riverside is? They gave me a ballpark number, but wondering what the real total will be..