Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst/embarassing PB?

PB that would have been embarassing if I hadn't been hurting so much. I closed off once. The surgeon's office is about 30 mins from my work. Of course, DH and I had carpooled that day, he had the car, and was in a meeting. So I had to ask a co-worker I didn't know that well for a ride to my surgeon's office. Good thing she's nice. En route I tried to control the PBing by spitting into paper towels but that wasn't enough. I had to have her pull off the highway so I could PB (door open, still sitting in the car style). Then again about 5 mins later, and about 5 mins later, 5 minutes later (repeat until you get to 30 minutes). Made it to the parking lot, had to open the door and PB in front of everyone there... nosey snots look and see what looks like a big pile of meringue, so everyone is coming over to ask me if I'm ok, do they need to call an ambulance...

Once I was at a lunch with some coworkers. Both know I had the band and that this could happen. Had to excuse myself to the restroom. Thought that took care of it. Got on the interstate, realized that hadn't taken care of it... was determined not to make this girl pull over so I controlled it (can you say PAIN?) until we got to work, but once we were there I couldn't wait any longer. I had her drop me off at the door, left my purse 7& everything in her car, and ran into the bathroom. Normally I try to find an empty bathroom but I couldn't wait. There were probably 5 other people in there. Let it loose... then I start hearing some of the other people starting to gag/wretch... sympathy pukers, I'm guessing.

My worse experience is when I couldn't make it to the bathroom I puked back up into my clam chouder right in the middle of the restraunt. My husband just sat there amazed and couldn't believe his eyes. No one else saw me, thank God.

took too big a bite of chicken as the airplane I was flying in took off- had to PB into the barf bag cause they'd have flipped if I tried to leave my seat and head to the bathroom.

I felt bad for anyone within 4 rows of me who heard me :lol

Oh easily last week, my third only in two years.

I had calamari at the pub in Byron Bay. Littled did I know that my period would arrive next day so I was probably tighter than normal.

I took a small bite, chewed well, then another. Had a sip of wine. At some salad. Then began to feel stuck. I can never tell at first how bad its going to be. Anyway soon knew I needed to walk around, so went to the bathroom. Stood spitting into the toilet, also had the runs a bit, totally miserable. Thought it would be OK. Went back out to the table. Nup. Back to the bathroom. Soon enough mum comes in looking for me, then my sister. I said I'm allright, just a bit stuck. Was burping, spitting, making horrid noises probably, lol. Had a very small PB. Thought that would be OK. Back out to the table. Nup. Back to the bathroom. In real pain now. Couldnt dislodge it, just a small PB, foam only.

Everyone had finished their lunch by now, I thought I'd be OK to get home, so we walked back to the house. Through the main street with slime building up in my mouth, made it to the railway tracks by which point my legs were going weak and my vision blurring. I waved everyone else on (thank god it was only family) and ducked behind a bush. More spitting and trying to puke, no dice. Crossed the park in a daze, just focussed on getting back to the house, when I did I just bolted for the bathroom, didnt even shut the door before performing a spectacular exorcists style head spinning around barf that finally dislodged that first pesky piece of calamari.

PB's for me, thank goodness are few, because when they happen they are MAJOR. And it always takes me five minutes to realise, when the food starts to move through the stoma, of course by this time I've put more food on top of it and made it really bad. I wish I could just swallow, and then know, nope, that's not going to work.