Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Secret Santa-Shrinkin' Violets Style!

It's only October, but you know how these months fly by!

I'm organizing the Shrinkin' Violets first annual Secret Santa Gift Exchange!

If you'd like to participate, send me a PM with the following information:

Board Name:

Address:

(Optional) Telephone:

(Optional) E-mail:

And sometime after Halloween but before Thanksgiving send me the following information (PM or e-mail) to pass on to whoever your secret santa is:

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)?

2. Favorite color?

3. Least favorite color?

4. Hobbies of any sort?

5. Do you collect anything?

6. Any additional comments

HoHoHo! :)

And sometime after Halloween but before Thanksgiving send me the following information (PM or e-mail) to pass on to whoever your secret santa is:

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? No food allergies :)

2. Favorite color? Purple

3. Least favorite color? puke green

4. Hobbies of any sort? LBT, Camping, Riding my Harley

5. Do you collect anything? Butterflies, Women Rider Stuff.... size 12 goal clothes

6. Any additional comments: Thanks Laura!

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? - NO food allergies

2. Favorite color? Purple

3. Least favorite color? Beige

4. Hobbies of any sort? Reading, gardening

5. Do you collect anything? nope

6. Any additional comments... I'm not picky or fussy

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? No allergies, per se, but I dislike "floral" scents... love "spicy" scents

2. Favorite color? Hot pink or purple/violet (naturally!)

3. Least favorite color? Plaid. ha ha... seriously... brown, black, olive...

4. Hobbies of any sort? knitting, reading, drinking starbucks frou-frou coffees, aqua exercising...

5. Do you collect anything? Not really... I enjoy Yankee Candles (here's where the "nonfloral" scents thing comes into play... hate florals, love cinnamon, wild berry, pumpkin spice, etc scents); jewelry (not pins, tho); books & magazines; yarn...

6. Any additional comments Thanks Laura for coordinating this!

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? Nope, but love spicy food and non spicy scents (I like cucumber, melon, raspberry scents)

2. Favorite color? Earth tones, beige, sage, fall tones (doing my bathroom in teracotta (sp)

3. Least favorite color? bright colors

4. Hobbies of any sort? being outdoors, (job hunting)

5. Do you collect anything? Not really, don't like clutter and I have too much with 2 kids

6. Any additional comments thanks Laura for keeping this together

HoHoHo! :rolleyes:

Maybe we should call this Secret Shrinkin' Santa.

Price limit? My vote would be $15 if we have to set a 'limit'. Christmas is difficult for many people so I don't care if it's $5 or $50....people should spend what they are comfortable with and not a penny more. It's the thought that counts...period.

Limit, as in the 'max'. No need for anyone to feel obligated to spend a lot of money, it is the thought that counts.. and if you've never done Secret Santa before, it's a lot of fun!!

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? No incense..the smoke kills me! I also am not a big fan of fruity scents...

2. Favorite color? jewel tones, or earth tones

3. Least favorite color? neon colors! And while I like some of them pastels do not go in my home, they would match nothing!

4. Hobbies of any sort? Reading (mostly modern fiction), motorcycles (we do tour bikes not Harley Davidson), & being the favorite Granny!!! Not to mention LBT & my Violets!!! 5. Do you collect anything? country antiques. Not "country decor" no dried flowers, or hearts or swags, or plaid---but I do have antique farm implements...trunks, and yes, even a wall decorated with antique tractor seats!!! And another with barbed wire!!! Don't laugh, I have a strand of barbed wire worth more than all my vehicles combined! And it was given to me!

Christmas I decorate with snowmen.

6. Any additional comments This is going to be great fun---wonderful idea Laura---everyone better answer!!!!

Terry's thoughts on a limit sound reasonable to me. There will be some difference in shipping costs....not all of us are in the USA! Keeping that in mind, $15 sounds like a good number! If someone finds that too much for an expensive time of year, a heartfelt note would be fine too!

I'm easy (don't tell!)

Kat

Ok how about we use $15 loosely. And DO keep in mind shipping costs. So far we only have 1 person out of country.

If you want to spend a bit more than $15, you can, and if you can't afford $15, you MUST create a home made project with your sweat and blood.. HAHA! I'm just kidding :) Or am I? Santa's watching you!

Guess I'll post mine here too..(I will still pass on this info to your Secret Santa when the time comes).

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? No, but DH has scent problems, so no perfumes or air sprays!!

2. Favorite color? Dark blues & silver

3. Least favorite color? Orange, Yellow..any bright obnoxious colors.

4. Hobbies of any sort? Bowling & poker

5. Do you collect anything? Everything fairy! I looove fairies.

6. Any additional comments- I like knick knacks .. I like antique things at flea markets.

(And you're welcome guys, I love Secret Santas. They're so exciting and fun!!!)

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)?

Nope...bring it on. I am a smell freak...perfumes, creams, candles...I love all of it. Well, not reallly lemon.

2. Favorite color? Purple and Green! Red too (I have 2 red walls in my living room)

3. Least favorite color? Beige, coffee, mocha, etc

4. Hobbies of any sort? I used to love to read, before my doctorate. I am addicted to scrabble (I even have an email: pamela@scrabblequeen.com, although I don't check it much). Teaching/teacher stuff.

5. Do you collect anything? I collect books...old and rare books. I have original text books from the 17 and 1800's...freakin love these old books!

6. Any additional comments I am a gift giver. I get much joy from it. I think the limit might "limit" us. CaBn we just do what we want? I mean, I love home made gifts/notes...and would never ever ever want to make anyone feel weird. Nor do I want to feel weird if I exceed the limit (or not, I may be in the mood to draw my person a picture of me, lol). Anyway, just throwing it out there. Did I mention...I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

About Me

Allergies: I have no allergies

No favourite colours, but I tend to like autumnal shades

My hobbies include Art, music, reading, and writing

I collect postcards of beautiful landscapes or seascapes or sunsets / sunrise to paint from

I also love stationary / cards / notepaper / pens etc.

Oh I also have a thing for elephants..I have them looking out my windows around the house..It's a superstition that they protect me.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

1. Do you have specific allergies (foods, scents, dyes etc.)? Nope

2. Favorite color? Purples - Pinks

3. Least favorite color? Olive greens

4. Hobbies of any sort? Photography - Baking - making homemade ice cream -Bike riding - Music (iTunes) -

5. Do you collect anything? Cookbooks - Pillsbury Dough Boy - German Shephard items - Hummingbird items and(do office supplies count? LOL)

6. Any additional comments I think the Shinking Violets are the best support I could have ever found for this journey! Thanks everyone!

Last Call for Shrinkin' Violet's Secret Santa!

If you would like to join, send me a PM by TOMORROW Friday November 9th with your name and address.

Names will be handed out this weekend!

:clap2::bounce: