Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking to see if you/anyone started an exercise or walking regimen before surgery. If so when did you start and what did you do?

I had started boxing. It actually helped me maintain the weight loss I had been able to accomplish, but my eating wouldn't let me fully succeed. I've been doing some cardio and weights since the surgery, but I can't wait to find a good boxing gym again (location chamge, so I'm not near the old one anymore). I liked the learning (vs hamstering on a treadmill) and man it will wear you out!

Boxing sounds fun. I have surgery in 2 weeks and I have been putting off anything except some walking. I know I will feel much better down the road after surgery and plan to get into a good routine.

I have been walking/jogging, and try to do 2 miles a day. My main goal is to get my heart rate into the cardio or peak range for 30+ sustained minutes each day.

I actually started my exercise about 6 months ago when I began my program. I walk a mile or two every other day and use my fitness bands for strength training every other day and now that I have a bike again (and the weather is nice) I've been biking 4-6 miles at least once each weekend. Next weekend I'm going to try and hit 8.

Just remember to walk at least a mile a day even right after surgery. I was told it doesn't have to be in one stretch, but get up and walk as much as possible. I've been getting great tips from my local support group. [emoji6]

I'm swimming 4-5 days a week for an hour each time.

10K-17K steps a day on the treadmill, walking the dog, elliptical, etc.

Resistance bands/weights alternating upper and lower body days

Fitbit has helped me stay on top of things. I have to stay accountable, since other people can see if I'm getting my steps in :)

Checking to see if you/anyone started an exercise or walking regimen before surgery. If so when did you start and what did you do?

I started walking in 11/16. I started my doctor supervised weight loss then. I didn't see the surgeon until 1/30/17.
I slowly increased the length of my walks from 1/4 of a mile then to 1 1/2 miles now. It's a good workout for me because I live on top of a huge hill. Going down is easy, but the return trip back is all up hill.
I started at 258 pounds in Nov. and now I'm down to 238 pounds. So, it's working!
I want to get up to doing a 5k in the future. But first, I just want to get my surgery date! LOL!