Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery a little over a month ago. Five years ago,prior to my surgery, I was healthy, fit, trim and not overweight. My thyroid is what made me gain a ton of weight (140lbs) in the last few years and I ended up having VSG. Well, I thought because I was never heavy prior that my skin might bounce back after this surgery or somewhat and it's not. (I know it's quite early still) but I'm curious.... Is there anyone out there who may have had something similar to this and after time, your skin bounced back a bit? I have lose skin between my legs and not to sound gross or dramatic, it looks like I have a 2nd vagina. :( I just bought Shapewear to hide this, but this is really making me feel very insecure. I'm grateful I'm am losing all this weight but I don't want my upper inner thighs to have this extra skin forever. My husband swears it will go down a lot once I exercise this are more intense. Is he right or should I start stashing for skin removal surgery? :( I know there are worse things to worry about in life but this is really upsetting. I don't want to have to hide behind big baggy clothes to hide the skin folds thru my clothing :(

My inner thigh are my biggest issue and like my lower upper arms I don't think there is any help, the skin there is thinner than most of my skin and it is just stretched and wrinkled. Thighs make me saddest because I have never seen a good thigh reduction, not to the point that you can wear a bathing suit or something that shows all your thighs, it just seems like burning money,

Not very hopeful but I'm being honest.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I'm already saving for the full body lift. I have seen some amazing post results, have already been sourcing out surgeons even though it's gonna be 2 years at least. Why? Because they have a lot of great suggestions. But either your skin will rebound or it won't. You need to give it more time to know. My GP said that within a year we will see how much bounces back and how much I will have to deal with.

It's far too soon to know what you will look like. Also need to work on toning and muscle strength once you've been cleared. I have been working on my legs, butt, core and arms. I am seeing an improvement. I'm also seeing an improvement under my chin. I don't have a lot of loose flesh but when I tilt my head down it kind of wrinkles at base a little bit. My GP said that should be gone as I lose more.

While our bodies are in flux it's hard to know what you will be dealing with long term. I am focusing on building muscle, losing fat, eating my Protein and drinking my Water. I hate the way my body looks as it's melting but I am also excited to see just how far I can go and then go to the next step with surgery.

Will I look like a model? Hells no!! Do I care? No. I don't want to be perfect, I don't need the perfect beach body, I just don't want to look like I'm melting. We will most likely never be exactly how we want to look (Who is really? lol!) but we can be so much closer. Talk to your surgeon if they are local to you, they will have a lot of plastic surgeon referrals and if your Doc is like mine, well renowned in the area, then they'll also have the best plastic surgeons to recommend. :) Good luck! This is a "good" problem to have. It does suck and is slightly demoralizing but there are ways to combat it. Not cheap but for me I think it's worth it.

I think you are smart to start your research now, but remember to stay focused on the real goals here. :)

Tons of exercise. Weight training and give it a year. We are all different and genetics, as well as lifestyle, determines how much skin we have and how it sits on our bodies.