Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prices on band WOW

If you look into it, many surgeries the price comes down, after it is not as experimental (for lack of a better word.) My friend had laser eye surgery several years ago when it was new, and she paid cash insurance was not covering it yet. Last year, her DH had it done, and now insurance covered it, but she ask out of curiosity, and it was over $3K less!!!

My Aunt was just saying last week that she now pays less for a full set of dentures than she used to pay for uppers alone.

Look how our prescription costs vary, some go up, some actually come down! Part of the reason for that is when the equivalent for a patent on the drug goes off, and generics can be made, the overall cost comes down.

I have read several posts lately about another brand of bands....when competition comes along, prices go down.

With that in mind, many of the original band Dr.'s have likely lowered their costs, to compete. They know patients can go to MX and get it cheaper, and now they see where they can go to Colorado or any number of other US cities and cut the cost, so they have to adapt.

I too was self pay, and it seems unfair that the cost is going down!!! But, would I change it...postpone it? Not a chance!!!

Kat

OK...I got a quote from someone that was a self pay from the second hospital I'm considering. Their cost is arounds $14,000 and includes lifetime follow up but then she said I'd have to pay $250 per fill. So, to me if I have to pay for fills then that wouldn't seem to be lifetime follow up. I'm still trying to get ahold of the hospital directly to ask.

I get my fills at the surgicenter but it's a nurse practioner that does them. When I really need Dr.Spiegel I will get him to give me a fill there w/x-ray.

Wow! My doctor charges $18,500 for the surgery and fills are $250 each!!! that is for self-pay. My insurance lists it as an exclusion. I am appealing.

My doctor charges $6000 for his services, the hospital was $13000, and the anesthesiologist is another $3000, for a total of $22,000. That does not include after visits or the required nutritionist services at $110 every 6 weeks.

I had mine done by Dr. Kirshenbaum too. $9950 with three month follow up care, then fills are $15. He is AWESOME!! But he is getting VERY BUSY!!!!

My doctor charges $6000 for his services, the hospital was $13000, and the anesthesiologist is another $3000, for a total of $22,000. That does not include after visits or the required nutritionist services at $110 every 6 weeks.

I'd find a new surgeon, that's outrageous for a self-pay price!

Well, I've got the info from both hospitals. I think in the end my decision will be made by the seminar and how I feel or the vibe I get from the doctors and also if the insurance has any say. I think my insurance covers all the doctors so that shouldn't be an issue.

Right now I'm leaning towards the one that cost $14,400. I think the lifetime routine follow ups, dietician, exercise guy and the psychology support makes it a very good deal. Of course, the only down is that the fills cost $200. Yes, I feel at the moment, I would use the execise person. Hey a free personal trainer..how often do you get that.

I'll update once I've gone to the seminars. ;)

Melinda

If it wasn't already paid, that'd be an option. :car: I asked on Friday (first post-op visit) about the fill policy, and I was told the first two are "free." After that they are $900, with a caveat being self-pays "only" pay $200. Of course the $200 only covers my doctor's charge. There is an additional $178 the radiologist charges for the use of their facility. So, every fill for me will be approximately $400. Considering I live in NJ, I'm probably not going to find a huge range of prices.

Have you ask around on the NJ thread? I chat with them regularly, and although most of us in there are NOT from Jersey, some are! They might give you some leads on other Dr.'s and fill options.

Kat