Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Ginka and Sades

Couldn't help reading your posts and just wanted to add my bit. I was banded just over 6 weeks ago and can relate to some of the feelings you have gone through and just wanted to say you both need to relax and take time out for yourself.

Re liquids I didn't worry too much about how much i was drinking just stuck to the saying "should be able to drink through a straw". Found oxo cubes in hot Water great for savoury cravings, prune juice helped the bowels. I would often make a cuppa and only have three four sips and that was it. I progressed over the first week to Soups (pumpkin Tomato non bitty soups) By end of the first week I started into custards .

I think I found the mushies the harder stage as really wanted to chew things. Heaven was a shepherds pie I cooked for the family and mushed up .

The main thing you need to do is take time for yourself ( I know this can be hard with young kids ) but if you need a nap take it. My husband would often come home midday and find me asleep on the sofa. I would highly recommend getting up and walking around just a little and changes of scenery do help.

In all just remember your body has gone through major surgery give it time to heal. It will tell you what it wants and welcome to a new start in life.

Take care and thoughts are with you

Jane

Thanks Jane. :Banane20: I'm feeling much better than I was and my emotions are doing fine as well... no doubt they will play up at different stages of this. I think I really only cried at the hospital because I was feeling sorry for myself. Probably got a small pain threshold and couldn't handle it. The other thing for me was the fear that I won't ever be able to eat anything I like again (even though I know that's not true)... just fear going a little crazy! :) This is a great forum for us to put all these thoughts out there and get some reassurance. Thanks again.

The crying and emotions are all due to the anaesthetic - apparently very common. Just take it easy, relax and drink those fluids.

Danna (starting Optifast in about 8 hours):)

HI Nikki,

I'm also from Sydney and considering seeing Dr B. How long was it between your first appointment and your DOB? Did you have to be on Optifast for 2 weeks pre-op and what has your post op been like? I'm also looking at Dr Durmush, as he is closer to home than Dr B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches