Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I'm from Australia and waiting to meet with my surgeon on 10 October.. I believe my op will be not long after that. I have been overweight pretty much all my life but have found that in the last fews years it has started to affect my health. I'm 52 yo and weight 102 kilos (205 lbs). The lowest I have been is 73 kilos (160 lbs) but that was many years ago. I lost 16 kilos (35 lbs) about 3 years ago but have gradualy put most of it back on in the last year or so. After a lifetime of struggling to lose and especially keep my weight off and the fact that my health is suffering... BP, diabetes, sleep apnea, I thought enough is enough... so here I am a prospective bander. It wasn't an easy decision but the thought of losing weight again and not being able to keep it off has left me so demotivated and uninterested in trying again that I feel I have no other alternative but this. I have been feeling really anxious about the op and what will come after it and have found myself eating even more. Reading the posts on this site has helped me and I'm glad I found it... good old Google ! :eek:

Welcome to the site. You will find great support here. Best of luck on your journey. I really love my band and am so glad i did it. Donna

Hi Sades,

Welcome. I'm from Sydney and have been banded now for nearly 6 weeks.

So far I've lost 13kg so I'm happy. I know the band will help me continue losing. I was so nervous in the beginning too. It hasn't been all smooth sailing, but I love my band! This is a great site for support - it has really helped me.

I wish you lots of luck in your journey!

Nikki

Hi all, I'm from Australia and waiting to meet with my surgeon on 10 October.. I believe my op will be not long after that. I have been overweight pretty much all my life but have found that in the last fews years it has started to affect my health. I'm 52 yo and weight 102 kilos (205 lbs). The lowest I have been is 73 kilos (160 lbs) but that was many years ago. I lost 16 kilos (35 lbs) about 3 years ago but have gradualy put most of it back on in the last year or so. After a lifetime of struggling to lose and especially keep my weight off and the fact that my health is suffering... BP, diabetes, sleep apnea, I thought enough is enough... so here I am a prospective bander. It wasn't an easy decision but the thought of losing weight again and not being able to keep it off has left me so demotivated and uninterested in trying again that I feel I have no other alternative but this. I have been feeling really anxious about the op and what will come after it and have found myself eating even more. Reading the posts on this site has helped me and I'm glad I found it... good old Google ! :D

Hey Sades,

Are you living my life?? :omg: I'm also from Sydney and due to see my surgeon on 10/10/07 - hopefully for an op date.

Which surgeon are you seeing? What hospital? Tell me, tell me!!:eek:

Hi Sades,

Welcome. I'm from Sydney and have been banded now for nearly 6 weeks.

So far I've lost 13kg so I'm happy. I know the band will help me continue losing. I was so nervous in the beginning too. It hasn't been all smooth sailing, but I love my band! This is a great site for support - it has really helped me.

I wish you lots of luck in your journey!

Nikki

Thanks Nikki, glad to hear that you're doing well. Would love to lose 13 kilos in such a short time to make up for the weight I put on. I have only been on here just over 24 hours and I can see how supportive it is already. Where did you have yours done in Sydney?

Hey Sades,

Are you living my life?? :omg: I'm also from Sydney and due to see my surgeon on 10/10/07 - hopefully for an op date.

Which surgeon are you seeing? What hospital? Tell me, tell me!!:eek:

Weird huh?? I'm having mine done at the RNS Private Hospital... what about you?

Weird huh?? I'm having mine done at the RNS Private Hospital... what about you?

Yeess!! Steve or Garrett? What time is your appointment on the 10th. Mine is at high noon. If your there, maybe we can meet up? Wasn't Sarah the greatest? Am seeing the dietician, Muriel? this Friday.

Yeess!! Steve or Garrett? What time is your appointment on the 10th. Mine is at high noon. If your there, maybe we can meet up? Wasn't Sarah the greatest? Am seeing the dietician, Muriel? this Friday.

Small world for sure !! Mine is with Steve at 12.40pm... truly weird. I'm seeing the dietician on 9 Oct. Happy to meet up... just be aware I'm doing it in my lunch break.

Sarah is great ... it was good talking to her since she had been through it.

Hi again Sades,

I had my surgery at B'Hills Private by Dr Roy Brancatisano.

Have been very pleased with them. Good luch with your appointment on the 10th!

Nikki

Hi Sades!

I am anxiously awaiting my banding on October 22. I am still reading the forum every day, but I'm still pretty much apprehensive and feeling quite low. I think I should be feeling much more confident, but perhaps with time.

There are some great supportive people here, and so much info and support.

My weight is identical to yours!

Good luck ^_^

Hi again Sades,

I had my surgery at B'Hills Private by Dr Roy Brancatisano.

Have been very pleased with them. Good luch with your appointment on the 10th!

Nikki

Thanks Nikki, I'll keep you posted.

Hi Sades,

Not a problem - maybe we can just catch up and say Hi -would be nice to put a face to a name.

For sure... no doubt I will be waiting in the surgery after your appoint, so we can say hi then.

Hi Sades!

I am anxiously awaiting my banding on October 22. I am still reading the forum every day, but I'm still pretty much apprehensive and feeling quite low. I think I should be feeling much more confident, but perhaps with time.

There are some great supportive people here, and so much info and support.

My weight is identical to yours!

Good luck ^_^

Thanks Coo. I have to say I was surprised when my doc suggested doing this because I always thought something like this was for people who are much bigger than me, but there you go. :bounce: