Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just some questions

Hello all- I have one more appt. with my nutritionist--then my psych. consult. what can I expect from this? Also, I am a full time working teacher, mom of 3- biggest concern- time! Will I have the time to chew all my food to applesauce consistency?? Also, no drinking w/ meals? Isn't that hard? Camn I drink Water (alot) when exercising? Thanks so much for being my experts and helping with these decisions!:help:

Hello all- I have one more appt. with my nutritionist--then my psych. consult. what can I expect from this?

Mine was around 600 questions on a form and then a 1 hr meeting afterwards. Really no big deal

Also, I am a full time working teacher, mom of 3- biggest concern- time! Will I have the time to chew all my food to applesauce consistency??

Most definately.

Also, no drinking w/ meals? Isn't that hard?

Start this now and it wont be as much of a shock. My dr's rules are 1/2 hr before and 45 min after meals.

Camn I drink Water (alot) when exercising?

Yes, but you can only sip it. once banded and filled, if you gulp water, its coming back up.

Thanks so much for being my experts and helping with these decisions!:help:

Hope these answers help....Dave

It is very hard to really eat on the run (like literally shove something down in 2 seconds standing at the kitchen bench), I elect not to eat if I'm really rushed. Otherwise, if I know I'm not going to have a lot of time, I choose easy food or just eat what I can in the time allocated.

But I dont have to chew stupid amounts, just carefully. And I drink with meals, it doesnt make a lot of difference to me one way or another. But if I eat something difficult (like bread) and drink with it, look out, that does cause discomfort.

As for drinking when exercising, well, I can gulp like I always could. I can drink fast.

[Hello all- I have one more appt. with my nutritionist--then my psych. consult. what can I expect from this?]

If your doctor required you to keep a food journal, bring that. My eval was pretty smooth. She asked me about my eating habits, my weight (loss) history, family history, lots of 'why' questions, lifestyle changes, etc. It was nice to hear somebody professional reassure me that I was doing the right thing.

[Also, I am a full time working teacher, mom of 3- biggest concern- time! Will I have the time to chew all my food to applesauce consistency??]

Hopefully! Ah! I am a single mom of just one and I find it hard to take the time to do what I am suppose to do. I ask for help when I can. I hide if I have to. My doc said each meal would take 30-45 minutes to chew everything... really, it only takes me 10-20 and I'm fine.

[Also, no drinking w/ meals? Isn't that hard?]

No. It's not hard. The 30 minutes goes by really fast. (some require 1 hr.) ~ Try to limit the spicy foods that make you want to sip Water. Just think, the longer that food sits in your new pouch, the fuller your brain will feel.

[Camn I drink water (alot) when exercising?]

Of course! Drink up!

I have two small children and I thought that it would be difficult to slow down, but once you get something stuck, you learn really fast to chew and slow down. You'll find the time. In fact, when you eat slower, you get full quicker. I don't have a problem with gulping Water except for early in the morning. The biggest thing for me to get used to was not drinking while eating. It is hard, but once you do it for a while, it's like second nature. I don't drink 30 minutes before a meal and I wait one hour after a meal. It's hard, but you can do it. This is a huge decision and I completely recommend the band for anyone who is overweight and has struggled with losing it. I love my band, I only wish that I got it years ago. Best of luck.

My husband and I are meeting this Thurs. with our surgeon. The last step in a process that began last March. I have been cleared with each step- and after Thurs. will be waiting to hear from my insurance co. My question is : I lost the required 5% required by insurance. BUT since my Oct. appt. I have gained 2-3 lbs. I know I am not expected to lose anymore- BUT I am not supposed to gain. I can either lose or remain the same. I am so afraid my dr. is going to turn me away on Thurs. UGGGGGGGGGH! This is so hard. Any advice?;)

Also, I am a full time working teacher, mom of 3- biggest concern- time! Will I have the time to chew all my food to applesauce consistency??:help:

I take my Protein Shakes with me in the car in a reusable bottle. I can relate to the no time to eat thing. If I'm in a hurry it's just something easy I can take along in a cup on the way - like cottage cheese.< /p>