Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help please [emoji20]

Someone please tell me when the extreme pain goes away ))): I just want to be able to move normally again and it's only been 3 days since I've had surgery [emoji21] I'm very impatient and just want to freakin eat solid foods cause being on only liquids for the past week and now for the next 2 weeks... I have constant headaches ): I want to be able to take a normal drink of Water without feeling naseous. I want to get up and off the couch without feeling like my incisions split open every time ): I'm sure I sound like a baby and also ridiculous because I only had surgery 3 days ago but I need to know when it's gonna be better ): I don't regret anything, I'm still motivated as ever but I want to be able to do and eat healthy stuff NOW!!! )): I don't think it's helped that I haven't been able to take my anxiety and depression meds in a few days cause I can't swallow pills yet. So I'm really just in a funk. please someone give me peace of mind.

Everything you're feeling is pretty normal. I wish I knew why person A has no issues at all with pain and person B does. Did they at least give you pain meds for home? We had a mandatory 3 day stay at the hospital so I was pumped full of all sorts of things.

The first two weeks are the most challenging. You just have to hang in there and know that it's only temporary. Every day things will start to improve. The pain won't be as bad and you'll be able to drink a bit more as each day passes. It's a good time to reflect on the future and look forward to the new you.

In a few weeks you'll back and think that wasn't so bad after all. Good luck to you! :)

I'm 11 dpo and still have the main incision pain, for some or subsides in a few days others a few weeks. It does get better!

Hi, I'm 4 days post op from gastric plication surgery. Days 1 and 2 were excruciating, Yesterday was painful and now day 4 has been heaps better. Every day I notice something or other easing and that I can do more. Just make sure that you take your meds religiously and try to keep hydrated. Moving around for a few minutes frequently throughout the day will help to expel the gas the surgeon puts inside you so he can pump you up and see what he's doing. That's been the worst pain for me but it is definitely going. Things will improve and you'll look back and realise it was all worth it. I think you have to try to take the view that this is something you have undertaken to drastically improve your life. The way I see it, even if the pain Is bad and maybe I have some restrictions with my food for ever this has got to be better than a life of feeling overlooked and lacking in confidence because of my weight, not to mention all the health issues I had started to develop (fatty liver, painful joints, blood pressure...) for me this is a means to an end. An end to poor health from obesity. I know it's hard and it feels like things will be bad for ever, but you have already done the hardest part- making the decision to have surgery and going through with it- so give yourself a big pat on the back and take a deep breath because you're strong enough to do this. Good luck.

We are all different. I had my sleeve done 10 days ago. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and my gall bladder removed at the same time. I spent 2 nights in the hospital. Our program gives 3 spaced doses of IV Tylenol post-op and there is an order for dilaudid (narcotic) if you need it. I asked for the dilaudid once and that was right after the surgery in the recovery room since they got me up to go to the bathroom. I have not used any narcotic pain medication since even though I was given a prescription for home. I only took adult liquid Tylenol for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong, it hurt but it was more like a muscle soreness... not bad considering I have 8 incisions rather than 5.

Everyone is different, I realize my story might not be typical. Take the pain medication you need and get up and move it gets a little better every day. The second day home I did as much as my normal routine as possible, laundry, etc. I also didn't have the gas pains. Keep in mind narcotic pain medication can be constipating if you are inclined to be constipated.

So 10 days out, I only have soreness when doing things like sitting up from a lying position, anything that causes you to use your stomach muscles.

Don't despair it gets better

This is day 5 for me and I finally feel normal the first 4 days have been hell I couldn't keep any fluids down and was in lots of pain I haven't been hungry at all so that's my worry today is the first day I have been drinking liquids without throwing up and I can walk without pain of course my stomach is sore feels like I been working out but nothing to band I had my lapband removed my hernia repaired and my sleeve done and I'm finally feeling like myself

5 hours ago, ericaseymore said:

This is day 5 for me and I finally feel normal the first 4 days have been hell I couldn't keep any fluids down and was in lots of pain I haven't been hungry at all so that's my worry today is the first day I have been drinking liquids without throwing up and I can walk without pain of course my stomach is sore feels like I been working out but nothing to band I had my lapband removed my hernia repaired and my sleeve done and I'm finally feeling like myself

Glad to hear you're doing better. It would be so hard to stay hydrated if you can't keep anything down so it's really good that you can drink now. Good luck.

6 hours ago, rainyann said:

We are all different. I had my sleeve done 10 days ago. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and my gall bladder removed at the same time. I spent 2 nights in the hospital. Our program gives 3 spaced doses of IV Tylenol post-op and there is an order for dilaudid (narcotic) if you need it. I asked for the dilaudid once and that was right after the surgery in the recovery room since they got me up to go to the bathroom. I have not used any narcotic pain medication since even though I was given a prescription for home. I only took adult liquid Tylenol for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong, it hurt but it was more like a muscle soreness... not bad considering I have 8 incisions rather than 5.

Everyone is different, I realize my story might not be typical. Take the pain medication you need and get up and move it gets a little better every day. The second day home I did as much as my normal routine as possible, laundry, etc. I also didn't have the gas pains. Keep in mind narcotic pain medication can be constipating if you are inclined to be constipated.

So 10 days out, I only have soreness when doing things like sitting up from a lying position, anything that causes you to use your stomach muscles.

Don't despair it gets better

Wow, sounds like you've been extremely lucky with your low level pain and I'm sure you're lovely positive attitude helps heaps. Hope all continues to go well for you.

If you have a large incision you could have pain for a few weeks. Rest up when u feel pain at incision. I had laparoscopic surgery so no large incision and very little pain. I would think that there must be another way for you to take your meds for your mental health. Not sure but there must be something that is small or quick dissolving. As for eating solids it took me 8 weeks. And even then it was a very slow process from liquid to solids. But worth it I feel so much better and healthier.

the pain has been bearable for me -- not comfortable, but definitely tolerable. that said, the headache and general wooziness was really tough on me. i'm five days post-op and i'm finally beginning to feel normal again. ironically, as the headache and the wooziness goes away, I am more aware of the soreness from my big incision.

stay strong and know you have a whole community of people out here cheering you on.