Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

congrats mandy!!!!

good luck on your date chrispy sounds like fun!!

you will do just fine diane - I say that now but I know next week I will be a nervous wreck!!

I know there are only a few NJ folks here but I was wondering if any of you have used Dr Bertha and his team for there surgery?? I have read alot about them and I loved the entire office I was just looking for some first hand info

Just jumping in to let you know Diane's hubby called and said she came out of surgery fine and the doctor said she's doing great.

Hugs

got 14 bags of caramels in my crockpot on my desk at work. Making 11 3pound bags of candy apples today for the employees. I have two crockpots filled with mulled cider going too. My office smells heavenly. Good thing with this fill and TOM I can't eat a DAMN thing lol

I'm making southern candy apples (the red ones) tonight. I can't wait. I have a friend that just came back from Texas and he bought me 3 kits. (36 apples) I plan on making a batch tonight, one for Christmas and another for New Years with sparkly sugar for the center piece on the table. I can't believe that they don't eat that kind of apple here. If you order a candy apple, you get a caramel apple. (yuck!)

Today is the big class party. The teacher called and ask if I would mind if the kids assembled the worms and dirt graveyard. The mom that was supposed to make a craft with the kids flaked out. So now they are going to make an edible craft. I'm taking my camera so we can get some good shots of the kids making them. Tonight we make our grand carved pumpkins. It's a big event in my house, we spend several hours carving, then lighting our masterpieces. I have cider to heat and I also found pumpkin egg nog already. I bought a half gallon of Nog, I had a glass for dessert last night, it was soooooo good. I will use it in my iced coffee this week and I will also add some to my vanilla Protein shake LOL! I'm off, I have no candy in the house. I used it all to make goodie bags for Abi's class. If I had extra I would have eaten it so I'm going to get it now. ~Mandy

Doing just great folks! I had a longer post complete with personals but in my drug induced brain I skipped back a page and got back to: post gone :(

a little nausea, other than that just fine:)

Hello Y'all!

Just got home from work, they let us off an hour early today for the holiday! We are getting ready to block the street and get everything set up. It's a fun time!

Diane - Welcome to bandland! Glad things went well for you. Remember to keep sipping that Water, and if you get some shoulder pain, use a heating pad. The more you walk, the better things get and the faster the gas passes. Get some rest too! At least you won't have to worry about the candy tonight!

Pat - I just love that site! So many goodies to bake! Of course none of it for me! I wouldn't think of tasting a SINGLE one of anything I bake! lol

Jessica - You are next, it will be here before you know it! Just make sure you get your liquids all in and you won't have to worry about them. Don't buy too many though, I bought way too many and didn't use them. Don't forget Jello and popcicles, those two things saved me!

Kat - I bet you are a busy bee today! I hope you at least get to have a little fun!

Darcy - Thinking about you sweet thing! Let us know how you are doing!

Mandy - I love the red candy apples best of all, though I would eat either one. Congrats on the job!

Sherry - I'm coming to your house tonight! You call Mandy, she can bring the red ones and I can have the best of both worlds! tee hee!

Chrispy - I hope the date goes good for you! Hope you have tons of fun!

Eileen - Are you going trick or treating? Do you dress up with your daughter?

Cindy - I bet you were at some kind of party today with some school kids or something huh? We'll have to teach you how to say "no" sometimes. lol

Hello to the rest of ya, I just can't remember any more names right now. I am trying to hurry and get outside. It is so pretty here in Texas today, it's going to be a pleasure to be outside! It must be in the 80's at least today.

Well, going to run, everyone have a great night! Don't let the Goblins get you!

Gosh Diane, you must be doing well, I wanted to call, but I figured you'd be walking or sleeping or sipping...*big smile*

Take care, guess there weren't any goblins in the OR, haha.

Happy Halloween!

Yes, Betty, I was at DD's school this afternoon, helping with the class party! They had a great time...lots of food, and such cute food too...like Cookies shaped like fingers, orange colored chocolate chip cookies...really cute cupcakes, and more.

All this talk of candied and caramel apples sounds yummy!

Congrats, Diane! I'm so glad you are doing well, and it will get better and better!

I do think I need to learn how to say "no" more. I will start practicing. Mandy, I feel your pain at the "flake-out" mom who didn't show up for the craft portion of the party. That happens all the time around here. Definitely an urrgh moment.

All the ghosties and princesses and pirates and such are gone now, but it was a beautiful night for trick or treating!

Haven was "Nancy Drew"...easy enough!

Hugs to all...see you in the November thread...can you believe it?!

Hugs,

Cindy

Last year we had 4 trick or treaters, this year we had about 40. The weather was great, and kids were everywhere. Tonight we carved pumpkins, they are all Nightmare before Christmas. Mine is on the far right. ~Mandy

post-204409-13813135773237_thumb.jpg