Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Thanks for the nice compliments!!! I am not being a whiny, poor me....but do want to clear this up---and know I will be hoping your excitement was just a tad early!!!

My mammogram come back fine.

My thyroid ultrasound did not. There is a tumor. We know nothing more about it. I have an appointment with a surgeon this week (Wed.) I want to get into an endocrinologist-but we do not have one locally, so I am looking into Colorado, and Albuquerque. When I locate one, that will accept my insurance, then I will try to get in ASAP, and go from there. The surgeon they set me up with, has operated on my Mom. Ironically for a tumor on her Parathyroid (my parathyroids were clean), and she has a scar all the way across her throat, and she does not have the scarring issues I do! So I am really trying to avoid him if possible. Not to mention he has a serious case of little man syndrome---especially it seemed to me, dealing with women bigger than him---like me!

So, I didn't come here to feel aww poor me! But I didn't want to spring the surgeon appointment on you next week, if everyone was thinking all was well. I am hoping it is nothing serious---I am of course concerned....but at this point in time, mostly just trying to find a course of action that satisfies both me and my Dr., and the insurance. Would be nice just to pick a Dr., but I have to find one who will accept my insurance. If I do a biopsy and get bad news...I will likely go to Scottsdale, there is a highly recommended Dr. there. And the mayo will accept all insurance options. However, hoping it does not come to that. I think I am just in the "hoping for the best, preparing for the worst" frame of mind.

Rick's football team is getting slaughtered, and making him unhappy!!! How dare they!

Well the last load of laundry is ready to be folded, and then I can put it all away and be done with it for a week!

Maybe we should explore nudity, cut down on the laundry!

Kat

ugh poor rick...i understand the unhappiness. I am a yankee fan and they MUST win tonight and they have not been doing to well. they are finally winning - I am sure the neighbors are tired of listening to me and my mom yell and clap - so hopefully they can keep it up.

Kat I thought I had read earlier there was a problem with the thyroid results. Please let us know the results as soon as you have them..

Hugs!

Kat, the test results are GREAT news!!!! I'm so happy for you. My mom had to have her thyroid removed 14 years ago, and she is fine. A small scar, but all else is well with her.

Chris, you are too sweet. I am getting back to being a good band patient. Tonight for dinner I had a small portion of roast beef and some baked apples for dessert. I still need to work on the Water...why can't I ever get all my Water in????

~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Back to work, there never seems to be enough weekend to get everything done.

Mandy - You can just come down here and do some of my remodeling/painting and I'll do all the cooking! lol

Kat - Take your time and find a good doctor that knows what he is doing. Sorry you are still having problems, it's almost a new year and things has to be better for you then. Your pictures are beautiful! You look wonderful, I guess I didn't realize you were so tall!

Pat - We'll look forward to meeting your gal you invited. If you liked her we know we will!

Chrispy - Glad to see you posting again!

Jetti - My guy (Jeff Gordon) won the race so I am not pouting! Sorry if yours didn't win!

Cindy - Are you enjoying the warm weather or waiting for the cold? I'll take the warm.

Sherry - You'll have to post a whole big picture of your tatoo. I want to see the whole thing and up close! It looks so purdy!

Well, go to run and get dressed, see y'all later!

OK, Ms Signgirl, where are you? You've been lurking, now get your butt in here ... :car: Everyone is looking forward to meeting you.

Betty

the yankees finally did win so there was no pouting from me either..now we just need to win again tonight and wednesday - YIKES!!!

The Chicago Bears won last night too!!! Looks like the LBT girls won all around yesterday! Too bad the Cubbies aren't doing so well. ~Mandy

g'morning girls-

Just hanging out with Kinsey as she plays dress up with all the fun princess/ballerina dresses I bought her over the weekend at a yard sale a friends sister had taken them too. The school was supposed to be having a fundraiser sale during the Oktoberfest celebration, then winter decided to try to sneak in, and the weather was pretty windy and cold, so no one much showed up. I bought all kinds of stuff from her for the girls---cheap! The girls thought it was like Christmas when they saw them, and Kinsey has played all day long!

It is still cold out, we froze hard last night. We picked 3 boxes full of tomatoes, to store in the garage, they last really well that way, in a box with newspaper between the layers of tomatoes. We will have them through Christmas anyway---not that I care, I am not a Tomato fan!!!

Glad all your teams, and drivers did well. Ricks did not, but like he said sometimes a team has to be thoroughly spanked and humiliated to get their s*#t together!!! He used to be a die hard fan, but since we moved away, he watches if he is home, and the weather is too cold to be riding!!

We are starting a new exercise program tonight. Going to get back into the light weights...and going to do more resistance on the elliptical, but break it up into 2 rides. That way we can swap out, I can ride while he lifts, and then we can swap, and do the other, then swap back....not try to do it all in one run. W'ell see, I am sure we will find a happy medium. Rick is wanting to get his strength back. Yesterday was one year from his bleed...I sure am glad you guys were here, still am!!!

Ok lets see some more pics!!!

Yes, girls, I am tall---5'9", Kelly insists she is 5'4"!!! She admits to really stretching to get that though!

Oops, my Princess took a break from dancing, and promptly fell asleep---so I better go lay her down so she can be comfy. Catch you all later!!!

Kat

Kat gave me a good piece of advice to go to this thread to ask about fills in NJ. I was banded by Dr. Nusbaum 10 days ago, and I was remiss in asking about his fill policy before-hand. I am a self-pay, so how much the fills cost are of a big concern to me. I asked last Friday how much they'd be, and the nurse replied $900...then she must have seen my jaw bounce off the floor and quickly added, "oh, we "only" charge self-pays $200." Then she went on to mention the radiologist charges an additional $178 per fill visit. That puts the total charge to right around $400. Are there any other self-payers on this board from NJ who know a doctor who charges less? thanks!

kago

I am not self pay but I know I have read on some other threads about FillCenters and from what I see that have locations throughout the country. You can try calling another surgeon and see if they will fill you even though they did not perform the surgery. I was considering Dr. Nusbaum but he was not in my insurance so I research and found another doctor. A few doctors that I know do lap band in the area are: Dr Bertha, Dr. Abkin, Dr. Ballantyne and Dr. Capella. If cant hurt to call there offices and see if they can do your fills.

I was self-pay, but my doctor included one year of fills, but at that time he was doing without flouro. I'm sure his "free" feels have gone by the wayside now.