Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please, please tell me that there is a decent tasting Protein Drink out there? I don't know how I'm going to make it. I can not handle Isopure or liquidcel so far. Nor unflavored Protein Powder. There is a smell to all these drinks and as soon as they get up by my nose, my stomach wants to retch. TMI - Even after just a taste, I belch it back up and can smell it...omg...I don't know how I'm going to handle Protein Shakes when I get to full liquids. I'm really concerned about not getting my Protein requirements but I don't want to vomit everytime I try to drink one of these.

Unjury is the best in my opinion! No after taste and the flavors are yummy! chocolate and strawberry r my fav mixed with milk (fairlife)
You can purchase Unjury powder from Amazon, Unjury.com, or u may check your local hospital that has a wellness center or weight loss center.
You can even purchase sample packs.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I loathe every single Protein drink I've tried except mine from a program I was on. Postop it was really Unjury chicken Soup that get my protein alive. LOL!

I have Unjury - chocolate and chicken Soup flavor. I use the chicken flavor in my cream soup to add Protein. I am now on puréed foods and sprinkled some in creamy mashed potatoes. I have a sample pack of vanilla I haven't tried yet. The individual packs are $1.99 I ordered them all and ordered the ones I could tolerate.

Atkins lift Protein Water, body of fortresses, and muscle milk. Those are the only ones I like and could handle after surgery.

HW: 420 (January 2016)
CW: 273 (March 2017)

Instagram: vsg_queendiet

11 hours ago, dg371 said:

Thanks! Ill order some sample packs. I hope I can find something that ill be able to tolerate.

I'll second that the U.njury brand is really good (for the love of God I wish they'd fix the broken hyperlink). The chocolate was one of the best Protein powders I've had. The strawberry and vanilla were meh in my book, so definitely get a sample pack.
One word of caution - don't buy truckloads of any one protein powder for post surgery. Prior to surgery I loved my U.njury. Post-op I wasn't much of a fan. I went through a week or two of everything just tasting weird.

I currently use Body Fortress protein powder. It's not the best but I can stomach most anything. They do have a ton of flavors to choose from. Optimum Nutrition makes a great powder as well but their pricing has really gone up over the years. The cost is worth it if it is something you like. You might try going to a local GNC or Vitamin store to see if they have sample packs of powders. That way you can get a good variety without committing to buying a tub of something you hate.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Im currently trying New Whey Liquid Protein. It's only 3.8 ozs so it's not overwhelming to try and get through in a day, for now. Its 42g Protein. Im trying acai berry. It's not horrible. I may be able to choke this down if I hold my nose. It's the protein smell that really gets me.

I use Lift Protein by Atkins. They go down much easier than shakes and don't taste bad. 20 grams of protein.

Hmm, I just had my first follow-up appointment and was told that the Premier Protein shakes don't contain the Protein that is recommended by my program. I was heartbroken because I am so disgusted by the unflavored Unjury powder that I've been using that is NOT unflavored. It also has a smell that turns me off. Anyway, I'm stuck with four cans of Unjury. As I progress to the next stage, I find that putting the Unjury in savory foods helps me tolerate it better because the flavor and scent are masked.