Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting PreOp tomorrow

Hello Tenacious Tens - I am being banded on Oct 5. I start the preop diet tomorrow. I've been viewing this website for a long time before making my decision about getting banded and thought it was about time I joined. This is a wonderful site for support and I know I will need some in the weeks. to come.

I was so hungry during the preop. It was hard after also. Having liquids does not give you much of an option. I was so bloated that I realy did not care about eating for a couple of days anyway. Walking as soon and as much after the procedure is a must.

Good Luck with the preop

Kathleen:D

Hello Tenacious Tens - I am being banded on Oct 5. I start the preop diet tomorrow. I've been viewing this website for a long time before making my decision about getting banded and thought it was about time I joined. This is a wonderful site for support and I know I will need some in the weeks. to come.

Welcome, and congratulations! :clap2:

Welcome! This is a wonderful group, I just joined also. My date is set for Oct 11. I had to do the pre-op diet for 2 weeks though, so I am right in the middle of Protein Shake heaven right now. Good times. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the support and encouragement. I am scared and excited all at once. This was a big decision - as you all know! That's what is so great about a site like this.

Does anyone have a favorite Protein Powder for the liquid phase of the diet?

My BMI is 37. I believe my doc has all of his patients start a one week liquid diet before surgery. He said it was to shrink the liver. A friend who had Gastric bypass by the same doc had to lose 40 pounds before he would do the surgery. Has anyone else heard of this?

Thank you for the support and encouragement. I am scared and excited all at once. This was a big decision - as you all know! That's what is so great about a site like this.

Does anyone have a favorite Protein powder for the liquid phase of the diet?

I like MATRIX 5.0, available on the internet, and BODY FORTRESS, available at WAL*MART.

My BMI is 37. I believe my doc has all of his patients start a one week liquid diet before surgery. He said it was to shrink the liver. A friend who had Gastric bypass by the same doc had to lose 40 pounds before he would do the surgery. Has anyone else heard of this?

Different surgeons and different insurance companies have different requirements.

Does anyone have a favorite Protein Powder for the liquid phase of the diet?

My favorite by far is whey Gourmet's chocolate Peanut Butter. It has 120 calories and 22g Protein per serving. If you'd like to try some, just PM me with your address. I'll send you some, along with samples of my others (Matrix chocolate, nectar Fuzzy Navel, and IDS Vanilla-Cinnamon), if you want.

I know that for my clinic (in Calgary, Alberta, Canada). I was required to use the Optifast 900 powders (high Protein as well as all nutrients). It only comes in vanilla and chocolate, but can be supplemented by sugar free, fat free flavored coffee syrups (I really liked DaVince Raspberry and Amaretto). I found that blending my shakes with ice made them quite bearable.

I got my Optifast from my clinic ($144 Cdn for a two week supply) and could buy the syrups in Calgary at a Diabetic supply store, but both are also available over the internet.

Good Luck!!