Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Definitely don't compare yourself to others journeys. It all only cause you to have self doubt.
What really help me when i found new hobbies instead of turning to food. I start a journal to write everything I was feeling.
Only thing you will need at the hospital is slippers. Because the pain meds you will be on will make you so sleepy. So only thing you will be doing is walking and sleeping. Ask your doctor if the hospital gives out stomach binder after surgery. Helps out alot from moving the muscles.
Take tons of before pictures and measurements for when you hit weight stalls and scale don't move.
Lost 40 pounds in the first two months.
I'm 7 months out now and all my pcos symptoms our gone. My period are regular
Some apps I used to help me with my weightloss is pinterest (great for healthy recipes), mynetdiary (track calories and liquid intake), monitor your weight (keep track of your weight), and Instagram (great support from other people having vsg).
Do you have a instagram?
You can check mine out. Vsg_queendiet

I just began my pre op diet and the psychology of knowing that you can't eat just anything... life will be different from here on out.

Hello Newbie.. I wanted to response to your post with total honesty.. I am post sleeve 6 weeks now. I was you.. exactly! in regards to weight! after multiple attempts to lose weight.. losing only to regain it all back with extra.. I decided to research the sleeve. My weight was the highest ever and I feared reaching 300 pds. spoke with several individuals who were post procedure and I reached out for feed back. Everyone basically said the same things.. I feel great look how much weight I lost no more plus stores etc.. They focused on appearance etc. They all failed to share the post surgery regrets.. depression and how extremely HARD THIS PROCESS IS.. I live everyday with regrets!. If I could turn the clock back would do so without question. This is not easy... Post surgery I have experience horrible depression.. cry myself to sleep.
The first two to three weeks are the worst.. you live on fluids.. but let me tell you ..you will be hungry.. purees follow .. continue to have a hard time because I have lost all taste buds for particular everything.. can't even drink Water. Now that I am post 6 weeks I live off oatmeal .. Soups.. eggs.. tuna fish and mind you take three bites and it's done. I miss eating like a normal person and pray that everything I've been told by long term post sleeve patients it will get better. I hope you don't mind my honesty but I promise myself if anyone reached out to me I would not hold back. BE VERY SURE!.. THIS IS VERY VERY HARD MENTALLY.. EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY. Before you go forward.. ask yourself if you can live for the next year or two eating three morsels!.. and losing your taste buds.Yes I have lost close to 50 pounds and my body overall feels better , but I have no energy and feel so drain. I pray this year goes by quickly,
I REGRET DOING IT. SHOULD HAVE TRIED OTHER NON INVASIVE WL PROGRAMS.

I am grateful for your honesty, and wish you happier times ahead!

I am so sorry to read that you are regretting your decision. I am 4
Weeks post op today. I have been WAY more emotional since my surgery, and have faced some of the same challenges as are listed in this thread. I am focusing on what I CAN eat and not on what I cannot eat. Making good choices
And closing my eyes and savoring every bite that I can swallow. food has always been fun for me. I love to cook and entertain and I refuse to lose that part of my life. I have done tons of research on cooking differently and am looking forward to the long term vs focusing on the negatives of the short term.

I realize I am a bit older
Than you are, so perhaps my outlook is framed differently.

My biggest concern long term is how to get the nutrients that will fuel my energy. I just ordered the vitamin patches and look forward to trying them. Chewing Vitamins grosses me out!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App