Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anemia? And Help with food choices!

Guest SliminJenn

Guest SliminJenn

Hey you all, I have a question, does anyone else think that since the surgery that you are more prone to Anemia? I am so exhausted right before my cycle, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this. I am also having problems with sticking to the food groups I am SUPPOSED to be eating. The other night my husband picked me up some Crab and Lobster Wontons and they did not make me hurt or feel sick or anything like bread or meats do, Anyhow I hope I am not the only one here having issues with this. I had my surgery on Sept.23rd,04 And I am down like 31 pounds since then but I know I am capable of ALOT more. My husband bought me a treadmill for christmas(Don't worry I asked him to get it for me) But as for my stomach I am having issues with the port placement. Anyone with insight please reply! Thank you all!290/259/180GOAL

I use the Source of Life liquid Vitamins, its got everything in it. Kind of like taking pep pills in liquid form. I'm 3 weeks post op, and doing way more than I probably should be doing. I took down my Christmas decorations today and probably made 30 trips taking plastic containers upstairs to the attic, but I feel great and figure it's the same as using the treadmill. As for my port, I can feel the hardness of it, I know something's in there, but what kind of placement problems do you mean exactly?

Ummmm, crab and lobster wontons sounds really good, I guess they'd be mushy after I chewed and chewed.

Hi, the problem you discuss was what I experienced. I wasnt taking any vitimins & got extreemly low Iron, foliate & B12 & I got really sick. The end result was that I had to have some fill out as I wasnt eatting any `good` stuff. I got into the habbit of just eatting bits of food, mostly junk. That said, my weight loss was wonderful and I was really happy....just my body wasnt! I really enjoyed just picking...and I sort off went off the taste of vegs & meat etc.

The lesson for me was that you have to take care of yourself...and weight loss cant be the only indication of success. I didnt consintrate on anything else than the scales but I should have realised that I cant survive long term on a `kid in a lolly shop` type diet!

If you are experiencing low energy you should look into it as weight loss is meant to increase your energy. My imune system sort of crashed, so watch out as there are alot of nastey colds & flues etc that are really attracted to low imune systems! I should know as aquite a few gate crashed & had a party & a half with my body!

Jen, Congratulations on the 31 pounds gone! A good complete Vitamin may help. (I take Gummi Bear Vitamins (because they taste good-LOL), Flaxoil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C - chewable, Viactin Calcium Chews) But try to get most of your vitamins from your foods. Proteins first (lean, moist meats), then vegetables. Are you getting your daily waterload in? Dehydration can make you feel very tired and weak (and cause serious problems). Were you prone to anemia before your banding? Have you had any recent bloodwork done to check your different levels? Perhaps get your thyroid checked too (blood test). Are you able to eat solid foods without any pbing or sliming (not too tight a fill)? You should be feeling better, dropping excess weight, eating healthier, and exercising consistently.