Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saggy boobs and Vicky's Secret!

Hi Everyone,

My hubby got me a gift certificate to Victorias Secret. So off I went to try on some lingerie. I just wanted a bolster holder that fits properly. Since I have lost 85% of the weight I need to lose, I really dont know what size bra I wear. I was a 46 D and now according to the measurements, I am a 38 C-D. I am inbetween sizes. The D's are too big and the C's are too tight in my opinion. Depending on the bra, they sometimes spill out. Or even worse, when they are pushed up, I now get to see all the excess skin being pushed up under my arms and it appears to be hanging over the bra at the armpit.! Yuchhhh! I was pretty depressed and I know now for sure that I am going to need a boob job in addition to a Tummy Tuck, upper thigh lift etc.. Yeah, my twins look great in a $40 dollar bra that lifts them to death and hides the flaws, but without it, they really look terrible and deflated.

I have to admit, the expensive bras make me look great with my clothes on though, so that is a plus. And a good bra is necessary after massive weight loss. I have bony shoulder blades and cheap bras just keep falling offer my shoulders.

I am really having trouble dealing with the fact that my whole body needs to be redone. I was hoping the hours of exercise over the last 18 months that I have dedicated myself to would have made it possible for me to not go under the knife again. And yes, it would be for vanity reasons. I am not comfortable walking around with 6-7 pounds of excess hanging panne and boobs that look like tube socks with sand in them. Its not really an issue now anyway, since I dont have the bucks (I could find them if I really wanted to..) but more importantly I dont have the time to go away and have it done. And thats not even thinking about the fact that I am frightened by the thought of plastics, the recovery time etc. Its one of the reasons I had the lapband because of the fact that it is non invasive and I am a chicken sh#&$.

I think I want to go to Costa Rica to have all this work done. Not all at one time of course, since that would be too much for the body to handle. Just little jaunts to the Rosenstock Lieberman Clinic and then to hang out at a retreat with other plastic surgery patients for a couple of weeks. Doable.... I think... Anybody want to come? Instead of a Bash, lets go have plastics!!! LOL Any takers?

Babs in TX

334/188/170

6/23/03

I think I want to go to Costa Rica to have all this work done. Not all at one time of course, since that would be too much for the body to handle. Just little jaunts to the Rosenstock Lieberman Clinic and then to hang out at a retreat with other plastic surgery patients for a couple of weeks. Doable.... I think... Anybody want to come? Instead of a Bash, lets go have plastics!!! LOL Any takers?

Hey I am sooooooooooooooooooooo there. I need a boob lift, arms done, Lipo suction EVERYWHERE, thigh lift, Tummy Tuck, eyebrow lift, and oh maybe just a little face lift as well. SO when ya wanna go??

Hi Penni,

I have done all the research. If you do a search under the Rosenstock Liebermann CLinic, you can get info about the retreat, how much etc. I know there is a site where bandsters talk about plastic surgery and some of them go down in a group together so they dont get lonely. They have nice excursions, but you have to do them before the surgery and allocate at least 7-10 days after. They dont want you to go home until they know you are OK to travel. Maybe early summer?

Babs in TX

Guest SliminJenn

I need to go! I am only 31 but I figure I have gone from a 42 DD to a Who knows now??? All I do know is I am down 31 pounds but most of it has left my chest..LOL I either need a lift or them Re-filled..LOL Anyhow you r a trip!

I can't tell if y'all are kidding or not.

Sometimes I'm a little shocked at what loose skin looks like on my 43-year-old body, and worry about what it will look like another 50 pounds from now. But the fear of going under general anaesthesia again for a cosmetic procedure just overwhelms me and I can't imagine actually having anything done about it.

I remember my grandmother's saggy skin vividly, and with all the fondness that surround all my memories of her. My mother's boobs hung even when I was a small child and she weighed all of 160 lbs. My aunt's wrinkles were deep when she was in her 30s. None of these women were anything less than beautiful to me, and I see them in me more and more as time passes. Only one of them is left now, so I carry their faces in mine.

I don't know...a little Botox here and there, maybe. But one thing's for sure: flying repeatedly to Costa Rica for major cosmetic surgery is not something I'll be thinking about in this lifetime.

Hey, why is it that the mere mention of Boobs and I have to read the thread. No matter what. Why? I don't have them. Well, yeah, kind of, fat guy boobs. Well they are kind of perky, not bad for a dude. Ummmmmm, where was I?

Oh yeah, gee Jack, all we need is Greg and Tallguy and Leo. We always show up on the boob threads, ever notice?

I got a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret also and I am proud to say I now fit int otheir bras..I was in a 42 DD I am now in a 38DD, their largest size is a 38DD so I just made it..I love their panties too and now I can wear their Large & X Large so I went on a shopping spree yesterday..it felt good!

As far as saggy boobs..I had my boobs lifted & implants to make up for the loss of a lift back in 1998..long before I ever thought of the band , good back then but bad now cuz all you see when I come towards you is boobs..

I had mine reduced in 89 and had the puppies put back where they belong, not around my waist, fortunately, they're still up there. Now as for the tummy, I know I'll have to do that over again. I had a mini tuck in 92, what a waste of money, crappy job, so let me know how long I have to loose my weight and when to plan the trip, count me in. Maybe we can get a group discount, no kidding! Cheaper by the dozen?

This thread saddens me. I dream about having my chin, belly, arms & thighs done, but the money is not in my future... not for at least five years. Big, sad, sighhhhhhh.

Hi Again,

Alex: I wasnt joking. Up until a few months ago, I was thinking that I was looking pretty hot for a chick who had lost almost 150 lbs. But with the hanging stomach and the thigh excess, I am sure that if it came off, I would be a size or two smaller than I am now. And it aint pretty. Yes, I am terrified of plastic surgery, but at 39 years of age, I want to be able to look in the mirror and not be mortified by what I see.

What you said about your grandma was beautiful and you are right. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Lisa: My friend went to Costa Rica this week to have her eyes done, face peel and teeth bleached. She wants a boob job as well, but she is trying the less radical stuff first. Its not as expensive as you think and you can put it on a credit card! I would guess for a chin, belly arms and thighs, you would be looking at less than 10K plus airfare. They have a retreat where they take care of you that cost about 65. 00 dollars a day that includes meals and assistance as well as transportation. And they allow you to share a room, which brings the price down even more. Another one of my lapband friends just had plastic surgery in Mexico. It cost her 9100 to have beltectomy, boob job and chin work. Charge!!!!! LOL

I truly didnt think I would be so driven to have stuff fixed, but as I get closer to goal, everything is really drooping. I look like a Sharpei!

Babs in TX

334/188/170

6/23/03

Babs, you must be super rich! Not that expensive? Honey, "less than 10K plus airfare" is really, really expensive. Where can I get it done for $189.00?

Hi Lisa,

The HOME SHOPPING CHANNEL! LOL

I was just comparing it to the cost to have it done in the US!

Hey, its cheaper than a lapband. Although I have insurance, I still had to cough up a couple of grand in deductable. I got credit card and will travel!

Babs in TX

I'm not feeling hopeful after reading this. I have at least 125 pounds to loose and am trying to figure out how to find 500 dollars to pay at last Dr. visit to get banded which is alot of money to me. My Ins.. will cover the band and I know i will have to pay what they won't. I know I will need tucked/ lifted / lipo/.... the works is what I'll ask for. But how will I ever pay for an entirely new body? Does any Ins. cover these proceders?

I wonder if the Home Shopping Network will have a Do-it-Yourself-Lipo special for the New Year. I still owe $7,000 on my credit card for the band. Maybe I'll make a sign out of cardboard and stand in front of Steve Wynn's new hotel, "FAT LADY NEEDS PLASTIC SURGERY, PLEASE HELP." I can hold out an empty Ben and Jerry's carton for donations.

Hi Jammen,

My insurance will cover a panniculectomy but will not cover full abdominoplasty. I know they wont cover a boob job or thigh lift for sure. It really depends on your insurance company and what they qualify as medical necessity. None of the sagging skin is really causing me any major problems except for inner thighs. i havent really pushed the issue with insurance yet. I am starting a paper trail with my PCP so I can prove medical necessity as some point in the future. You should focus on one problem at a time. Getting the weight off is the most important thing for your health. Plastic surgery is a luxury issue unless you are truly having problems with excess skin. I know we are joking (kinda) about plastics cause most of us are still focused with ongoing weight loss. The truth is that I can live with my body if I had to. Im much better off than I was a 1 1/2 ago. I have lots of energy and my quality of life is very good compared to where I was before.

Babs in TX

334/188/170

6/23/03