Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is my Christmas Story

I am home tucked safe away. LOL!!

Ok the trip was long and tiring but also rewarding.

Landed in Nashville to a winter wonderland. Snow and Ice all over the place including the roads. Just beautiful!! My daughter took lots of pics so she is sending me some. I took some but my camera went on the blink and not sure what pics I got or not. But anyway, we landed and the car rental place rented our reserved car out from under us and we had to fight to find another rental place that had one available. We found one and I cussed out the other people. THey are giving us a $130 check for the difference we had to pay to rent a car. I will NEVER EVER use them again. THRIFTY used to be so nice and helpful. SIGH!!

Got the car, hit the road to drive a 45 min normal trip that took us nearly 2 hours to get to our hotel in Clarksville. I was a nervous wreck till we hit the hotel. We checked in and then met my two daughters and their husbands at Outback Steakhouse for Christmas Eve dinner. Had a blast and Mexican coffee helped with the nerves. Let me repeat that Mexican Coffee helped with the nerves. Let me repeat that Mexican Coffee helped with the nerves. LOLOL!!!! At about 10p we all finally headed to our respective hotel rooms. Got a GREAT night sleep by the way.

Headed to Waffle House for Breakfast since that was the only thing opened Christmas Morning. Well I should say we did a slippedty slide to Waffle House. The roads were still covered in snow and ice. Then headed over to my daughter's place in Clarksville for the festivities. Her road was packed solid of snow and ice as well. I walked into the house and there in the middle of the room was my grandmother's restored rocking chair. I set down and cried like a baby. Later that day when everyone was outside sliding down the hill in the snow and ice I was inside rocking my grandson in my grandmother's rocking chair that she used to rock me to sleep in. HEAVEN!!!! I was crying the whole time. Then I put him to bed and he said "I wuv you momma 2" then he kissed me and laid down in his bed. Priceless!!! John took a pic of me and Eli, grandson, playing with one of his christmas toys I got him. He is so precious to me. I miss him so much.

The sad thing about that day was my mom could not make it in due to the bad weather. It was too dangerous for her to drive in and for someone to drive to get her. The interstate was shut down between us and her so we couldn't even get to her. We both cried on the phone when we realized she wasn't gonna make it. We were both heartbroken. I have to plan another trip in soon to go visit her. I got her a brand new 25 inch Color TV and DVD/VCR player for Christmas. She was watching a 19 inch TV that was older than me. It was ready to go kaput. She was thrilled with her present. My daughter and her hubby took it to her a week ago because of the weather issues. Good thing HUH??

We get home last night and Bradley, my son, is dying to open a gift. So we let him open ONE. It was a DVD from John. THE ROCK with Sean Connery. I love that man. Sean that is. LOL!! Bradley loved it. Then we are all off to beddie bye. We were bone tired from travel all day.

I did a PB on the plane coming home. UGH!! Ate too much too fast. That was the only time though. Thank God we were able to upgrade to First Class otherwise I would have been in trouble. I was right beside the bathroom. OH OH OH!!! NSV to announce. I can wipe myself in the airplane bathrooms without having to stand up. ISN'T THAT A HOOT?!!!

Anyway, this morning we open the rest of our gifts. I got a Canon EOS 10D camera. I am so thrilled. I am learning all the buttons on it now. IT is the coolest gift by far. John got a ROCKY J SQUIRREL to go with Bullwinkle. LOL!! Pics to follow later. I also got an Ab Lounger. WHOO HOO!!! Can't wait to try that out. Bradley got several computer games, DVD's, and an over 3000 piece Lego's Star Wars Destroyer which he has pieces scattered all over the Great Room now. LOL!! He was so happy. John also got a "History of the Yankees Team" leather bound book from me. He got a 40 year DVD collection of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. He got an Eric Clapton Guitar Collection of great performers. He is thrilled.

All in all it was a great Christmas. I am happy to be home now and to finish the rest of the Christmas season. We have some people to visit still and to distrubute our gifts to them but otherwise we are done.

As soon as I have pics to share I will post them. Hope you all had a safe and Merry Christmas and will have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Sounds like a wonderful family gathering. Sorry you couldn't reach your mom, but with those road conditions, I'm sure she understood. Thanks for sharing.

That was a very quick trip, Penni. It sounds like a very nice holiday for you with your family. Glad you are safely home. I know I am glad to be home and staying cozy inside.

I walked into the house and there in the middle of the room was my grandmother's restored rocking chair. I set down and cried like a baby. Later that day when everyone was outside sliding down the hill in the snow and ice I was inside rocking my grandson in my grandmother's rocking chair that she used to rock me to sleep in. HEAVEN!!!! I was crying the whole time. Then I put him to bed and he said "I wuv you momma 2" then he kissed me and laid down in his bed. Priceless!!!

How special! This truly touched me - my eyes even teared up.

Welcome home! Glad you had a wonderful visit and are back with us. We missed you!