Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you woke up from anesthesia.....

what was it like? I haven't been put under in over 20 years and forgot what it was like.

Were you in a fog? In pain? Who was there? Did you barf? How long did the effects last? Were there tubes in your mouth/nose? Could you get up and pee?

Tell me the gory details!!!! :)

Marieze

Luckily anesthesia doesn't make me sick. For the main surgery, I woke up in a lot of pain and kept buzzing the nurses for demarol (some people get morphine drips, I wasn't so lucky).

The whole day I was in and out of sleep.< /p>

For this 2nd surgery, I woke up to my husband and mom, and I remember wanting to go home, but for the life of me I could not stay awake. They woke me up several times in 3 hours, till I finally told myself GET UP. So I did, but waiting for the nurse, I kept closing my eyes and dozing off.

Just lots of sleepiness. And sore throat from the tube I guess.

I remember just being conscious all of a sudden. My throat was hoarse and I couldn't talk and I was a little nauseus so I flagged the recovery nurse over and asked for something for the nausea, which they immediately gave me in my IV line. I remember being conscious that I had little or no pain around my mid-section, but felt a little full and uncomfortable about mid-chest. That was pretty much it.

I remember waking up when one of the doctors started talking to me. I woke up with a terrible Migraine from the anesthesia and it took the whole day to get any type of medecine to get rid of it.

Valarie

I had a moment of almost panic, because I didn't know where I was or what was going on. That passed eps. when I saw DH, and I was just groggy for a while, I wanted to sleep and they keep waking me up!

No pain, no naseua. I did have problems with vomtting after my Gallbladder surgery about 5 years ago, but then it was an emergency surgery and I had been eating and drinking that day. No tubes at all.

I remember waking up in recovery and a nurse was talking to me. I felt sick all of the sudden and they gave me something right away to take the nausea away. I was very sore and my throat hurt and I needed to cough. But, the pain wasn't severe. I was sleepy and my eyes were blurred. But after recovery and for several days after the surgery I couldn't sleep. I only slept two hours the night in the hospital and the next day. I wanted to sleep but just couldn't.

I woke up and I remember my first thought was why is my chest and stomach sore? I was just a little nauseous, but they gave me something for it. I just remember being really annoyed with the nurse cuz she kept trying to get me to wake up and I didn't want to :)

No nausea. No real pain. Very Tired. I was not groggy at all. I remember my nurses names and I heard them talking about me before I woke up. I remember thinking why did they put in a cathedar???? That was the worst part. I went home at 2 pm and I stayed up till after 10pm. I was kinda wired.

When i first woke up i felt my stomach was a little sore so i knew they did the surgery. Then I realized something was beeping and i was annoying me so i started calling for someone and told them to turn the alarm off. I could not sleep with it going of or at least hit snooze and let me sleep longer, then the noise quit. I woke up thinking alarm what was i talking about.

I woke up in the operating room after surgery. I kinda had a "why did i do this" feeling. I woke up while the people while getting me into my bed, they kept telling me to lift my legs and i couldn't. I could feel that something was different with my stomach. I never felt any bad pain but the nurse gave me two shots into my iv to keep me relaxed.

It was weird because the last thing I remember was hugging my brother waiting to go into surgery and then waking up right after. Everyone still had their masks and hat things on.

When I went into recovery i dosed on and off. I think I was having trouble breathing so they gave me an oxygen mask.

When i got into my room they kept checking in, etc. During my visit I received 4 blood thinner shots in my stomach, gave blood 2 times. The iv made me have to pee every 15 minutes.

I woke up in so much pain and all of theses nurses around me. I kept feeling something weird on my neck. and I started to pull at it and they of course freaked out. They had to put a central IV in my neck during surgery. Then I felt something heavy on one of my hands and they kept telling that I just woke up. then about 5mns later they discovered they put a battery backup on top of my hand. The Doc came and told me what went on. I was in a lot of pain and just wanted to get something to make me feel better.

I was groggy, they actually told me go back to sleep for another hour, so I did. When I woke up again, my throat was SUPER dry so they brought me Water and I was afraid to drink it, then they brought me ice chips. :)

I remember waking up a couple of times in recovery. Apparently, I kept forgetting to breathe, so the guy kept shaking me. Once they moved me to a real room, I really woke up. The first time I got up to use the bathroom, I was extremely nauseated. Very wobbly, too. I felt like I was going to fall over because my balance was so off. I was literally lurching around (at least, that's what it felt like) and about to cry because I felt like throwing up. They gave me a morphine drip and a couple of very nice anti-nausea drugs after that, though.