Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is hair loss a given?

Another question for you (since I know you have nothing else to do but answer my hair questions) ;) but does it hurt to mix products such as Bumble & Bumble thickening stuff and their hair straightener? My hair is wavy since it's shorter and the straightener stuff works but I wasn't sure if I could use the thickening stuff too. One day I have straight thin hair and the next day it's wavy thick hair. ;)

Mix away, girlfriend! Spray the Thickening Spray at your root area (where you want the volume) and smooth the Straight through your ends first, then mid-shaft, then toward the root area. Also, they have Prep and Tonic spray. They are similar to leave-in conditioners, but way lighter. The Tonic spray has Tea Tree oil in it, so it makes your scalp tingle a little ...I quite enjoy it :) If applied to damp hair before the styling products, it will actually even out the porosity of your hair and make the styling products work better. Do I sound like a commercial, or what?!

The prenatal Vitamins didn't seem to help much with the loss of hair, but the hair I had left, seemed to become healthier...silkier, and just felt heavier, if that makes any sense. But it worked wonders with my nails!!! People swear I have acrylics, and they are all mine! I continue with the Vitamins to this day, I figure they can't be hurting, and since I have them, might as well take them!

Kat

Isn't there a brand of prenatals that come in a chewable form? Most of them are horse pills. What brand do you take and how big are they?

Mix away, girlfriend! Spray the Thickening Spray at your root area (where you want the volume) and smooth the Straight through your ends first, then mid-shaft, then toward the root area. Also, they have Prep and Tonic spray. They are similar to leave-in conditioners, but way lighter. The Tonic spray has Tea Tree oil in it, so it makes your scalp tingle a little ...I quite enjoy it ;) If applied to damp hair before the styling products, it will actually even out the porosity of your hair and make the styling products work better. Do I sound like a commercial, or what?!

GREAT! I'm so excited, I can use lottsa products daily! :)

Thank you!

I would like to try the tonic stuff, haven't tried that yet. :whoo:

Isn't there a brand of prenatals that come in a chewable form? Most of them are horse pills. What brand do you take and how big are they?

When I was preggers, I got a sample of some chewables called PreCare. I think Stuart also makes some chewable ones. I actually had no trouble swallowing the Rainbow Light Just One prenatals... and preferred those based on the Vitamin profile.

When I was preggers, I got a sample of some chewables called PreCare. I think Stuart also makes some chewable ones. I actually had no trouble swallowing the Rainbow Light Just One prenatals... and preferred those based on the Vitamin profile.

I like the Stuart brand (regarding quality). I'll have to get them. Are they still prescription or did they ever go over the counter?

I hate chancing more tablets. As most bandsters I never know from day to day what will go down and what won't. I'm not into crushing Vitamins. (gahhh)

Thanks!

How do you all swollow prenatal Vitamins? I've always taken them cause I like how they make my hair and nails look, but it's my understanding that those large pills won't go down through the band? I haven't tried to take any pills at all since I was banded in June. (Luckily I've never been on any meds for anything.)

Hi Suzzie,

I've had one fill since banding on July 23 and I have really tight restriction and have had no problems with taking pills large or small. The larger ones like prenatal Vitamins I just break in half and make sure I drink a lot of Water.

gingersnap

Without hauling my butt to the back of the house, I cannot tell you what the brand is...I went into the local Medicine Shoppe, and told Davida (my friend the pharmacist) what I wanted---and that I could not swallow large pills. She gave me these...we opened them there, and I still thought they were too big. So she checked, and there was not a problem, with breaking them up. She offered to cut each of them in half...but they were not cutting exactly even all the time, so we quit, and each day, I take one, break it in half and swallow away, with my meal, and never have had a problem with it.

Back last year, when my DH had all his heart health issues (tomorrow will be one year to the day he had his massive GI bleed, and his Dr. told me he would likely expire in the next 10-15 minutes!)---he was put on tons of meds. In order to keep them straight, and keep us on schedule, we became overnight "oldfolks" and began using the daily pill holder boxes!!! But he had morning pills, and night pills, and one day he took one amount of coumadin, the next day another amount, we had to keep close track!!!

Well now he takes much less medicine, and I use one of his pill taker things!!!! I load them weekly, and can keep the medicine locked away---literally! We have young grandkids in our house everyday, we don't leave anything out like that!!!!

I will try to remember tomorrow to look for a brand for you!

Kat

I like the Stuart brand (regarding quality). I'll have to get them. Are they still prescription or did they ever go over the counter?

I've seen Stuart OTC at my local Rite-Aid... but I'm not sure if they are their regular prenatals or the chewable ones.

Hi Suzzie,

I've had one fill since banding on July 23 and I have really tight restriction and have had no problems with taking pills large or small. The larger ones like prenatal Vitamins I just break in half and make sure I drink a lot of Water.

gingersnap

That's good to know. I currently still take a number of pills, some large, which my doctor's office said I should be able to swallow. I've had no problems so far, but I haven't had a fill yet, so I was concerned about what would happen after I started getting fills. I'll try breaking the larger ones.

I am having a heck of a time getting pills down. I threw up a Celebrex this morning. It's a capsule and not even a big one. I

wonder if capsules just stick to the sides of the pouch. I did take

it with a lot of Water, just like I always do, which I also threw up.

Denise, back when I took capsule medication, it was recommended to me, that I put the capsule into a small bit of warm Water, just until the outer case of the capsule becomes softer. It looks like a gelatinous cover. Then swallow it, that way it is already ready to dissolve into the stomach. I would soak mine for just a little bit, less than a minute---then swallow it with a small amount of water, and a couple of cracker squares. Then give it a few minutes, and begin sipping a bit more water, to go ahead and wash it through. It sounds like it takes forever, but it really doesn't. And it made it possible for me to take the pills---mine were antibiotics, so necessary. I use this method when I take my pre treat meds when I go to the dentist, because the liquid meds were unbelievably nasty!!!

Good Luck!

Kat

Just wanted to let anyone interested know.. I decided to take prenatal Vitamins too for nails & (fingers crossed!) hair.

I was trying to find a good chewable one, and some pregnancy website recommends 4- Chewable Prenatal Vitamins - LoveToKnow Pregnancy

Precare is extremely expensive, Natachew is out of stock at the moment..Bronson is the cheapest, so I'm going to try those.