Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realized Im Failing FAST!!!

I havent posted in a while. I went for a fill yesterday. It is coming up on my 1 year anniversary so I went under the fluroscope to make sure I hadnt stretched or harmed anything. Everything looked good and my doc put a little more Fluid in there. I had gained 6.6 lbs. I am absolutely doing horrible. It is not the bands fault its mine. I eat whatever the heck I want to...I havent exercised. HOW IN THE WORLD DO I STOP THIS? I feel like Im in one of those video games with the semi truck trying to keep myself from going over the side of the mountain. I have everything I need to succeed, I just cant seem to get there.

I know Im not the only one out there with this problem....(or Im really in trouble... ha ha)

First, I would start with restriction. You must have good restriction to lose our maintain your weight. You shouldn't be able to eat more than 1/4 cup of food at a time. Second, think back as to why you had your surgery. Regain your focus NOW. Start to walk. Your 6 lbs can come off in a matter of weeks. Good luck.

White I agree 100% with Julie! You can end this roller coaster ride!

I would first start with exercise, you can never loose without it.

Then restriction, you can eat anything? Not a good sign!

Protien--back to the basics your body will never loose without it!

Water--are you drinking enough to keep you from feeling constantly hungry?

And lastly, make the committment. You know what you want--so do it!

Rearrange your life and your cupboards, get rid of the junk!

Good Luck, you can do this!

First, I would start with restriction. You must have good restriction to lose our maintain your weight. You shouldn't be able to eat more than 1/4 cup of food at a time. Second, think back as to why you had your surgery. Regain your focus NOW. Start to walk. Your 6 lbs can come off in a matter of weeks. Good luck.

I agree with everything except the 1/4 cup rule. People who are that tight tend to be slow losers often times.

Well, the good thing is you want to change and realize you need to.

So, if you've not peeled back the stuff in you brain about why you eat how you eat this would be the time to call a therapist.

Get back to bandster basics. See what Boo Boo said.

Don't kick your ass too hard, the difference between now and two years ago is a few pounds. It's your life, dig a little deeper and live it the way you deserve to live. That's with you in control!

JULI,

I AM SOOO WITH YOU!:rolleyes I HAVE LOST ABOUT 60LBS TOTAL. MY 1YR BANDAVERSARY IS OCT 30TH. I WENT TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY AND THE LADY ACROSS FROM ME (I BARELY KNOW) SAID "I THOUGHT YOUR SISTER SAID YOU HAD THAT WT LOSS SURGERY, WHY HAVEN'T YOU LOST ANYTHING??" I WAS DEVASTATED AND HURT. :think:rain:I AM DRINKING SLIM FAST 2 MEALS/DAY AND DON'T snack TOO MUCH. I HAVE NOT BEEN EXERCISING. MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS I CAN'T AFFORD TO GET ADJUSTMENTS LIKE I SHOULD. THEY ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE(I WAS A SELF PAY PT). I CAN'T DROP $200 EVERY FEW MONTHS.:kiss I HAVENT BEEN FOR A FILL/ CHECK SINCE MAY! I AM ONLY ABOUT 2O LBS LIGHTER THAN WHEN I WAS THERE LAST. HELP:help::help::help::help:

TURNER24

Turner-

Tough love time, sister.

Where do Slim Fasts fit with banded life? You know you should be eating those calories and not drinking them.

Are you tracking what you eat? How many calories are you sticking in your mouth? Do you really know or are you guessing?

And move that body of yours to burn some calories but also to enjoy being in your skin.

And Don't worry about what other people say. "That was unkind." is a fun thing to say to a bitch. Or, "Did you mean to be unkind, or am I just being thin skinned?" is another fun thing.

You have the band, just by nature of being on your tummy you have some restriction, you really do. Try following the rules and really try feeling the differences when you eat solid food and when you do not.

You'll be successful! You will!

What a bitch! Do not let someone like that get you down, the others provided some great advice (I'm not banded yet so I won't go there) and OH Julie was much nicer about what you could have said than I would have been.

Keep your chin up and get back on the horse!! :)

JULI,

I AM SOOO WITH YOU!:rolleyes I HAVE LOST ABOUT 60LBS TOTAL. MY 1YR BANDAVERSARY IS OCT 30TH. I WENT TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY AND THE LADY ACROSS FROM ME (I BARELY KNOW) SAID "I THOUGHT YOUR SISTER SAID YOU HAD THAT WT LOSS SURGERY, WHY HAVEN'T YOU LOST ANYTHING??" I WAS DEVASTATED AND HURT. :think:rain:I AM DRINKING SLIM FAST 2 MEALS/DAY AND DON'T snack TOO MUCH. I HAVE NOT BEEN EXERCISING. MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS I CAN'T AFFORD TO GET ADJUSTMENTS LIKE I SHOULD. THEY ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE(I WAS A SELF PAY PT). I CAN'T DROP $200 EVERY FEW MONTHS.:kiss I HAVENT BEEN FOR A FILL/ CHECK SINCE MAY! I AM ONLY ABOUT 2O LBS LIGHTER THAN WHEN I WAS THERE LAST. HELP:help::help::help::help:

TURNER24

JULI,

TURNER24

Wow... what a skank!

Try this, just try cutting out ALL white carbs, potatoes, Pasta, rice, sugar, flour, all that stuff. Drink lots of Water throughout the day and those two things are what does it for me.

White06 I remember your post from my "Southern Sweet tea" post. If you are drinking 2 McDonalds sweet teas a day you are consuming aprox. 1100 extra empty calories! And that is a conservative aproximation. I have been a slow looser too because of my sweet tea addiction. Please go back and read my sweet tea thread. I am not trying to preach or attack you but you have to cut that sweet tea out!!! I know that the empty calories I was consuming on sweet tea is what was keeping my weight hanging on. You could avoid the extra 1100 calories by taking MSDAD's advice and try mixing the splenda, sweetnlow, and equal to get the same sweet tea effect. It really is good, and that is saying alot comming from me, a former sweet tea addict. Try to be concious of the liquid calories you consume, if you illiminate those from your diet you are probably not eating too bad. I know I dont eat bad, but I know I do drink bad things. Just trying to help, hope I didn't offend you. Good luck!

OH MY GOD!!!!!! 1100 calories. I am such an idiot. I guess I havent thoght about the liquad calories. GEEEEZZZZ!!!!!!!

On that note Im gonna be doing some soul searching today. I have jsut got to find the will that I had when I had the surgery. My year anniversay is the 12th, and I sure would like to be able to be proud of myself for a turnaround before then. I would so love to break out of this plataeu soon. I also realize its nobodys fault but mine.

Also the stuff OH Juli said made me stop and think too. I need to get back to bandster rules.

Thanks for the support everyone.

One good day. Start with one good day. Build from there. Walk, eat right. NO liquid CALORIES! Crystal light or some other flavored Water.

Try 2-2-2- again, to think you are starting over. 2 days liquids 2 mushies, 2 soft regular.

Ditch the scale for the first week and focus on reducing sodium intake, and carb intake. Start doing a food jornal again.

Go back to when you were excited and start just like that.

ONE GOOD DAY!

NEVER QUIT.