Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day two post op. Leaving surgery today!

I would just like to say I've received an abundant amount of support that I truly treasure. The pain has been quite unbearable at times especially the further away from the anastesia I get. Hopefully I'll get to go home today. But no matter what happens or joke I feel, I am so happy I got this surgery.ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487325751.887778.jpg

I would just like to say I've received an abundant amount of support that I truly treasure. The pain has been quite unbearable at times especially the further away from the anastesia I get. Hopefully I'll get to go home today. But no matter what happens or joke I feel, I am so happy I got this surgery.ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487325751.887778.thumb.jpg.65e591cd7dc8a209614dd89e5e04a52b.jpg

Congratulations lambs! While it may be a few days being uncomfortable and with pain, remember each day gets a little bit better and easier. And when things feel like they're not moving fast enough, remember all the things that brought you here and the impressive obstacles you overcame to get here, then think how fast it seems to have gone by!

Congratulations on your surgery. Remember walk, walk, walk to keep the (gas) pain in check. ;-):rolleyes:B):lol::D:P:rolleyes:

Thank you all so much! How kind of you to say I really appreciate it

You'll feel better when home. I know I did. Take your pain meds as needed and no matter how you feel push yourself to walk. I know it seems minor but it's major in the big scheme of things because those gas pains can get bad...so walk it out Be sure to Celebrate all the small victories from the start to keep you motivated and focused. Each week is progress as you will soon discover. Congrats!

Thank you so so much! I sincerely appreciate this. I'm gonna get up and walk right now! How long after walking do thy go away?

Lambs, hang in there it gets better and better. Remember you did just have surgery, and surgery of any kind is hard. Listen to your doctors and do what they say. I PROMISE it is worth it. One year anniversary and I passed my goal!! 94 lbs gone have not felt this good in 35 years. And I'm old enough to be your grandma I bet!!! Drink Water water water and walk.

Also, I've heard people recommend the gas-x strips for gas pain. Congrats on your new journey!

Thank you so so much! I sincerely appreciate this. I'm gonna get up and walk right now! How long after walking do thy go away?

Good for you! Good question...it's funny how times moves you along and you forget exact time frames, but it varies. In my experience anywhere from immediately to an hour, but the hour was rare. Just keep has relief products on hand as well.

Ahh you guys were right I'm slowly starting to feel better! Thank you. It's hard getting these liquids in and every time I try to get some Protein in my body wants to come to a complete stop. Your first week how much liquids were you able to get in?

Ahh you guys were right I'm slowly starting to feel better! Thank you. It's hard getting these liquids in and every time I try to get some Protein in my body wants to come to a complete stop. Your first week how much liquids were you able to get in?

Oh good[emoji4]
Yes that sounds familiar but the key is setting alerts based on the time you typically wake. You need to have Protein almost immediately after waking or within 1 hour of waking. I was able to get in about 85-90% by setting alerts on my phone every 15 mins because initially I would forget[emoji6] it helped!

At first, very little, but just keep trying a small sip at a time. Each day try to increase a bit more. Before you know it, you'll be getting it all in. It's a marathon, so just try to pace yourself.

YOU GOT THIS! [emoji123][emoji1]