Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of information and buddies

Hi All,

I hope to be banded soon, I had my orientation on May 29, 2007 in South San Francisco ( I live in Sacramento). I have an appt. on the 2nd of Oct. with the surgeon (Dr. Alami) and hope to be given a surgery date at that time. I was 340lbs when I started and was told to lose 30lbs, of which I have lost 27. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help fill me in on all the do's and don'ts, up's and down's and in's and out's of this whole new life that I have started. I am already much happier having lost the initial 27 lbs that I have, but I am really looking forward to breaking that 300 lb mark, its been a long time.

Hi All,

I hope to be banded soon, I had my orientation on May 29, 2007 in South San Francisco ( I live in Sacramento). I have an appt. on the 2nd of Oct. with the surgeon (Dr. Alami) and hope to be given a surgery date at that time. I was 340lbs when I started and was told to lose 30lbs, of which I have lost 27. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help fill me in on all the do's and don'ts, up's and down's and in's and out's of this whole new life that I have started. I am already much happier having lost the initial 27 lbs that I have, but I am really looking forward to breaking that 300 lb mark, its been a long time.

Hi and welcome!

Be sure and take BEFORE pictures!

Hi, welcome to lapbandtalk forum. Are you with Kaiser? They always have you lose 10%. I live in Gilroy and go to Dr. McKeen in San Jose. I've been banded 15 months and love it. Good luck to you.

Hi All,

Welcome. I got my band on August 27th of this year. I have not had a fill yet, but I will soon. I have lost 28 pounds so far. There is a thread that you may be interested in. I noticed you are in your 50's. There is a thread for those of us over 50. I will try to find the direct link and mail it to you.

:welcomeB::whoo:GAGABUTTON, AND CONGRATS ON JOINING THE BANDWAGON:clap2: I HAVE BEEN BANDED FOR SIX WEEKS NOW BUT ON HERE FOR JUST ONE WEEK, I,M SURE YOU WILL FIND THIS SITE AS INFORMATIVE, SUPPORTIVE AND INTERESTING AS I DO:kiss2:

gagabutton - How did your appointment go with Dr. Alami? I meet with him on the 23rd. Did he give you any idea on when you might expect to have surgery? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Vicki, I had my appointment on the 2nd with Dr. Alami, unfortunately it didn't go quite as I had hoped. I guess that I have a rather large sized sliding hiatial hernia that will prevent me from being banded. Instead I must go the gastric bypass. He has put me on the surgery schedule, but they are rather backed up so I am on for the middle of February 2008. My computer at home crashed 2 weeks ago, so I am now limited to checking my email at work on my lunch break so forgive me if I am slow to respond. My co-worker and girlfriend Shannon (iluvlongnecks) is on this site frequently and says she has spoken with you also. I will be at the support group meeting in Sacramento on the 27th of this month. Its good to talk with someone from this area who is also going to SSF.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, please send me the link for the over 50's thread. Even though I have now found out that I can't be banded, I must have the gastric bypass I look forward to getting all the different ifo I can.

I am so sorry to hear about your hernia. Are you ok with the bypass? I know that when I chose to go with the lapband it was because I don't like the idea of someone rearranging my insides. Having said that, I also told my husband that if the only choice I have is the bypass, that is what I'll get because the only thing there is no choice of is keeping the weight on.

So they are booked until February. Is that for the lapband also? I imagine so. Bummer. I was preparing myself for January. Now it will be even further away than that. That also means I may be as far away as March. Lord, keeping motivated is sure hard these days. :eek: