Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've already lost 9 pounds

Yes I cannot wait to start my Options class our class is a big class there's 30 people in it. It was the soonest class that was starting so of course everybody wanted it same thing with me the next one didn't start till April 7 and then one started in May..
They basically told us that during the 12 weeks you do all your preop's and lose your 10% then when you're finished with the class usually it takes about 1 to 2 weeks to get an appointment with the surgeon and then within a couple weeks after that you're scheduled to have your surgery.

They told me I would need to lose 14 pounds did they say what you needed to lose during your first class

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow! 30 is big but that's better than waiting until April or May to start the program. I had the choice of Feb 10, Feb 21 or a March/April start. I went with the Feb 10 start which is Fridays at 10am because it's during the workday. Traffic wouldn't be as bad. My work is flexible with missing a few hours every other Friday - I work a 9/80 schedule so already get every other Friday off anyways.

We talked a little bit about the 10% weight loss. Some people said the program director advised them they must lose 10% before surgery can be schedule. While others said they were not told the 10% is mandatory. It seemed that those who had a higher bmi were given the mandatory 10% loss requirement. I need to clarify if I need to lose the required 10% - I don't recall the program director saying this in my appointment with him. I'm 5'2 and starting weight is 272.

Wow! 30 is big but that's better than waiting until April or May to start the program. I had the choice of Feb 10, Feb 21 or a March/April start. I went with the Feb 10 start which is Fridays at 10am because it's during the workday. Traffic wouldn't be as bad. My work is flexible with missing a few hours every other Friday - I work a 9/80 schedule so already get every other Friday off anyways.

We talked a little bit about the 10% weight loss. Some people said the program director advised them they must lose 10% before surgery can be schedule. While others said they were not told the 10% is mandatory. It seemed that those who had a higher bmi were given the mandatory 10% loss requirement. I need to clarify if I need to lose the required 10% - I don't recall the program director saying this in my appointment with him. I'm 5'2 and starting weight is 272.

Unfortunately I have to drive an hour and 5 minutes to go to my class we do not have one where I live or a Kaiser that does the classes but it is worth it for me to go.
I'm pretty sure it is a requirement for everyone to lose the 10% they even did tell us sometimes a surgeon when you do meet with them after you lose the 10% they sometimes want you to lose 5 or 10 more pounds.
I am hoping my weight on the Feb 21st will be about 275 My height is 5'6 when they measured me at orientation