Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks post op gastric sleeve and I am went in to work today my first day back but only made it 3 hours before I started to feel so weak I was almost faint... my whole body was shaking and it felt like I couldn't catch a breath... are there any other fellow sleepers who are chefs or have a job that is physically demanding that has had this problem? Idk what to do because I gotta make a living, this surgery was soposed to ease the pain of my back issues so I could work easier but instead I'm so weak I can hardly stand for too long...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think you've gone back to work way too soon Sweet Pea! You have a super physical job and your body's just not ready for that. I'm going back this coming Monday and that will be about 4 weeks and have a job sitting at a computer and I know that's going to wipe me out! I'm 54 which is a factor too and you may be younger than myself but that's just too soon to go back I feel. You're going to be weak from the surgery itself/healing and from lack of calories and limits on amounts of fluids weakens us too. Take care of yourself and do what you need to! God bless you and keep you!

Talk with your doctor. And I believe labor laws for Family Medical Leave Act may apply. Google that and see what you can find out. Depending on the state you live in and your employer and how many employees they may have to legally hold your job for you. Check into it. You've made a huge step to stand up for yourself having this surgery. Don't stop now! Find out about your rights! Good luck to you Shanm! Encouragement and support coming your way!

Here's hoping a Dr.'s note will be enough to get you the necessary time off. You won't be any good to them in a weakened condition anyway.

[Hugs] Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

If your Dr. Released you to return to work FMLA will not benefit you. If your doctor extends your return date you will be covered under FMLA. You have up to 12 weeks in a year. I work in HR and I returned to work in 3 weeks. I understand you having to make a living, so I'm assuming you don't have any type of short term disability to supplement your income while your out. If your job does not offer it, Aflac has good STD policies for any future surgeries you may have.

If your only option is that you have to work, make sure your taking ur Protein Shakes, your liquids, and Vitamins. Don't miss a meal at all!
Keep something with you to sip on throughout the day.
I pray things work out for you!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I went back 2 weeks after and wound up dehydrated my first day because because it was July, 100+ degrees and it's semi-physical. I ended up calling out the next day to recover. The lack of calories and nutrients while your body is still healing is going to make you rundown. You'll feel a pick up in energy when you start more solid foods again. Don't give up! And, if you're not on an energy supplement, i'd recommend talking to your surgeon/NUT about whether or not they think it's a good idea to add one in. It can help a lot of they approve.

Thank you guys for all the advice, however things are a little different here in the Cayman Islands but there has to be some loophole and I'll figure it out! I was almost about to give up thank u all for the encouragement!! I'll speak with my doctor to see if I can get an extra week of cuz I start my puréed stage this week.
(Hugs)!

Thank you guys for all the advice, however things are a little different here in the Cayman Islands but there has to be some loophole and I'll figure it out! I was almost about to give up thank u all for the encouragement!! I'll speak with my doctor to see if I can get an extra week of cuz I start my puréed stage this week.
(Hugs)!