Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C pap machine and dry mouth!

Most place s give you a chin strap to keep your mouth closed. You must open your mouth during the night at some point because that what causes it. I have 2

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

well I'll be lol...then I need a Chin strap asap..wake up feeling like the Sahara desert in my mouth ugh.

My CPAP has a heated hose to provide a humid air flow. Helps the dry mouth. If you have the same, try adjusting humidity level.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I just got mines but I don't think mines has an humidifier.. Wish it did.

You might want to have the doctor turn down the pressure on your CPAP. That is what I did and I don't get the dry mouth anymore.

I need to design a few ultra cool CPAP masks. Being single when I have a friend stay over it is quietly slid under the Bed lol.

Luckily my machine has a reservoir for distilled Water and also the adjustable heat settings to prevent dry throat.

Erica2185 : you may be sleeping with your mouth open. If that is the case the machine can not do its job. You may have to get the nose/ mouth type . I have the same issue, even with the chin strap. Dr. said that I continue to stop breathing at that point ( not as much as before) and i may have to go the the nose/ mouth type of apperatus.will know when I go for my next
appoitment.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I have a nose/mouth mask because I can't breathe through my nose at all. You should be able to adjust the humidity levels and a heated tube really helps.

Erica2185 : you may be sleeping with your mouth open. If that is the case the machine can not do its job. You may have to get the nose/ mouth type . I have the same issue, even with the chin strap. Dr. said that I continue to stop breathing at that point ( not as much as before) and i may have to go the the nose/ mouth type of apperatus.will know when I go for my next
appoitment.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Yes I think this is the case for me as well.

Sent from my SM-G530T using BariatricPal mobile app