Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Divorce and surgery

Why are people's spouses so prone to leaving after WLS.

I am about 20 pounds more now than I was when my husband and myself met -

He has been so rude and disrespectful towards me lately and I feel like this is centered around weight loss I'm 70osh pounds down (190 weight ) and 2 months post op---

We have been married seven years and have two children together so we aren't exactly newlyweds either .

Does it ever stop - will they ever except to the new you- part of me feels like blowing the diet and gaining it back to save my family

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are a lot of possible reasons spouses leave or separate after the surgery. It is hard to tell.

All I can say is I'm sorry this is happening!! Going through this is hard enough. Way to go on your weight-loss btw.

Go back to why you had the surgery and why you are making these changes. Remind yourself of that

Therapy can be helpful and there are a lot of good options. It might take a few sessions or therapists (not all therapists/therapies are created equal)

I hope someone can help you more than I can but I send you love and prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

70lbs in two months is nuts! (At least I'm sure that is what he is thinking!). It will take some time for him to get used to the new you.

You say he is rude, but is he behaving outrageously, or just a little off balance? Has he indicated a desire to leave?

Take a breath, most likely it doesn't mean the end of the relationship. Please don't try to gain the weight back! Family couseling might help a ton.

You are worthy of being normal sized and healthy. Do not let anyone make you feel guilty about doing something for your own health. If the doctor told him he needed to have surgery or take a pill to be healthy, would you deny him that? Of course not! This is no different...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches