Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like nothin was done

on day 4 was having trouble getting all my liquid in im on day 5 now i got one water bottle down and 2 premiere Protein Shakes my insides never really hurt like i had surgery in there but a few incisions do i feel like getting all that liquid today was a bit easy i dont want to stretch my sleeve already....the up side today i went for a walk (20min) which i have not done for yearssss im a person to wait for the closeest parking spot at a store and be winded just walkin from my car to the store so it felt great to be able to walk that long with no pain

BigBodyBombFace

Please don't worry about stretching your sleeve.....it won't happen especially with liquids. You will not feel true restriction until you are eating solid foods. Continue to work on getting all your Fluid and Protein in and know that you will not stretch your sleeve with liquids. :) It sounds like you're doing very well with little to no pain. Keep up the good work!! And it is fantastic about the walking. The more you can walk the faster you will heal!

I didn't have much pain at all either so we're the lucky ones. Make sure to stick to your post-op eating plan and don't be tempted to move through the stages faster than prescribed by your doctor. Remember, even though you feel okay with no pain your stomach has a huge staple line that will need time to heal............The time will go by before you know it......I can't believe I'm already over 8 months post-op. :-)

Good luck to you!!

Take Care,

Kathy

Edited by kmorri

That's awesome! Keep up the good work. I'm not scheduled yet, but hope to be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The liquids are meant to go down easily so you won't feel the restriction right away. Also your stomach is still swollen from surgery. I didn't really feel mine until week 4. I ate 3 oz of chicken and was stuffed like I just at ate Thanksgiving dinner. Now I struggle to get in 500 calories a day. I'm 6 weeks out and down 35 lbs. Just stay on plan and you'll do great.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Oh i wont be tempted to skip forward i have no desire to eat anything i actually fear week 3 when i can start soft foods the sight of food makes me sick i guess cuz i been on a liquid diet for so long ...when the nurse called me 24hr after i got home and explained i could start at the 3rd week i dry heaved lol which was weird because Befor surgery i couldn't wait to eat

BigBodyBombFace

@@kmorri Good information! I'm 3 weeks out and constantly worry I'm taking in too many calories. I'm just starting the puree stages, but have had no problem getting in Water or Protein shakes. I track everything so was trying to stay at around 500-600 calories, but this week I had 800 calories in shakes and Soup in one day :unsure: I thought OMG, where is the restriction! I'll wait to see how it goes as I progress with solids now :)

@@kmorri Good information! I'm 3 weeks out and constantly worry I'm taking in too many calories. I'm just starting the puree stages, but have had no problem getting in Water or Protein shakes. I track everything so was trying to stay at around 500-600 calories, but this week I had 800 calories in shakes and Soup in one day :unsure: I thought OMG, where is the restriction! I'll wait to see how it goes as I progress with solids now :)

Haha....I can't wait to hear from you once you move to solids and the first time you try to eat something like chicken breast.....You'll think OMG how am I ever going to eat enough to survive...haha I love my restriction! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself!

I wish you the best!

Kathy