Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting my band tomorrow

I am having my band fitted tomorrow 26th September. Hopefully it will all go well and I cant wait until I can have a latte coffee.

Jo

Well am back home and the pain isnt too bad, I so wanted to gulp a glass of Water down last night as I was so thirsty but was only allowed 30mls and hour. Anyway today I have been able to have a small cup of apple juice, a cup of clear broth, a replacement shake (not bloody Optifast though) and have even managed my much longed for vanilla latte. This was a treat however and not gonna be an every day thing. Have lots of gas pain, but havent need any pain relief at all. But I am blessed with a high pain threshold.

Not sure if I feel hungry or just wind pain. Roll on a weeks time when everything has settled.

I lost 6kg in my post 2 weeks which I was pleased about.

Jo

<p>Well today is day 3 and I am feeling much better, still weak around the stomach area, but most of the gas pain has gone. Had a really good nights sleep last night in my bed on my side which is a bonus. My only problem is that I am already beginning to feel hungry. yesterday it hurt that I was hungry, so i have had sloppy weet bix, velish Soup and yoghurt (over the day not at once) and all seems to be fine and no feeling of puking. I have a feeling I will need a fill quite quickly after healing, but am going to do my best to make sure I dont over eat and will stick to Soup, yoghurt and weetbix for now. I just cant cope with any more Meal Replacement shakes so am having milo made with low fat milk once a day and maybe the one shake. See the dietician on Tuesday so she should be able to give me some tips.</p> <p> </p> <p>Jo</p>

Fine. I am eating almost normally but smaller amounts at the moment. I dont seem to have the restriction. I havent lost any weight since the op but then again I haven't put any on. Not sure why but there you go. I see the doc for a fill in the 24th so I am hoping there will be some restriction afterwards. I still havent really had much bread or potato. Had rice yestereday for the first time and that was ok. I havent felt the need to vomit once. I think my main prob is that I forget to drink lots.

Jo

Hi Jo - In Australia...after the op, we are allowed only liquids for the first 2 weeks, then mushies for next 2 weeks - as I have been told this is the time the body takes to adapt to the band, and sort of attach itself in the right place....if that makes sense..........becareful you are not moving on too fast - good luck - K

Not my doctor who is here in Australia, they have revised their diet and after seeing the dietician 1 week post op she said I can eat lumps and within the next 2 weeks (which was 1 week ago) move onto normal stuff as and when I feel I can. All docs are different I suppose. When I say normal, I am avoiding anything to hard to chew and most of it is mushie type food, veg, rice, chilli, mince beef, fish, yoghurt, custard that sort of stuff and I get full much much quicker, I can manage approx 3/4 of a weetbix for brekkie, a small Soup for lunch, small portion of chilli for dinner.

Jo

oh sorry, I didn't realise you were in Oz (the pounds on your ticker tricked me...lol).......... I wasn't being preachy, just worried for you..... I do that! So which state are you in?

I know, but I thought that most of the people on the site were using pounds and being a UK girl we to are more familiar with pounds, so I converted.

I know you werent being preachy, no offence taken.

I live in Umina, North of Sydney.

Jo

cool............ queensland born and bred, but my Dad is a Mudgee boy, and my Grandma is Sydney/Blue Mountains/Bathurst kinda gal.............. anyway, keep us posted, I love to know how everyone is going, when I am typing - I am not eating....lol. cheers K

Karen, goodluck , i noticed u are having ur surgery on the 29th october, 1 Day before mine , All the best...............