Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which state would you choose?

NW Mama

Ooooo, Alaska is a sausage fest? Sign me up!

I love Michigan, I can't imagine living in any state other than MI.

Now country...we want to move to Ireland. DH live in England (near Ipswich) for a few years and liked it, but after our trip to Ireland and Scotland, he decided he LOVED Ireland. I do too. He also would love to move back to the panhandle of Florida, not me, too hot and muggy even for one month of the year. Heck, MI is too hot sometimes!

Several years ago my family and I took a road trip through Michigan and up to the Upper Penisula, then into Canada. I remember Michigan was so beautiful!

Actually, I think most states have living appeal. I can see that it's hard to chose just one unless you have a heartfelt connection to it.

I live on the east coast, about 1/2 hour north of Boston and I LOVE it. I live 5 minutes from the ocean and about 15 minutes from Salem MA. which is pretty famous for its museums and "witches". I love the change of the seasons, fall being my favorite. As for Country, Ireland would be my first choice. I spent 2 weeks there a few years ago and fell in love with the culture and the country side. The differant color greens are breathe taking and the people are so friendly and happy!

Jenn

Ooooo, Alaska is a sausage fest? Sign me up!

I love Michigan, I can't imagine living in any state other than MI.

Now country...we want to move to Ireland. DH live in England (near Ipswich) for a few years and liked it, but after our trip to Ireland and Scotland, he decided he LOVED Ireland. I do too. He also would love to move back to the panhandle of Florida, not me, too hot and muggy even for one month of the year. Heck, MI is too hot sometimes!

Yes, if we included the whole world as an option I've always said I'd like to live about an hour's train ride outside of London. Hartley Wintney is a particularily nice little village full of antique shops, 2 pubs and a duck pond. Would make a great place to settle down. Nice quiet home with a good local and close access to the nightlife of the city without the noise or crime. Scotland was great as well but being nearer London and its airport would allow for easier access to the rest of Europe with roundtrips as low as $50 on Ryan Air or EasyJet.

I miss the UK:drama:

I have lived in:

Colorado

Texas

Southern California

I am moving to Oregon in 2 weeks and I'm very excited.

I liked Colorado, but moved after my parents divorced. I don't miss being bitterly cold in the winter, but I do miss the autumn there.

We moved to Burbank, which I hated.

Then we moved to Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth) area, and I liked it better than burbank, but it never became anything special to me.

Then we moved to Ventura County CA, which got REALLY HOT. Then we moved to Redondo Beach CA, which is near LAX. It's not too bad here, but the prices for living are ridiculous.

Oregon has a beautiful autumn, even though it rains all the time. My husband is from Washington state, so this is more like where he's from. It's also closer to his family, who is still in WA, which is part of why we are moving.

Other than Oregon right now, I can't think of another place I'd like to be more.

Boston.......I love it! You get the changing of the seasons and Tom Brady, what more could you ask for??????
I really wish I had gotten to visit Boston when I interned on Cape Cod.

Unless I fall madly in love with a small town or get an amazing job in one, I will never live somewhere that's not urban. I LOVE cities. I've had enough of rural, BFE towns. I want shopping, restaurants, and actual culture. Preferably on the coast.

I Currently Live In The Finest City San Diego Ca It Beautiful And Weather Well Its Awsome !

But I Have Lived All My Life Her And Want To Experience Something Totally Diffrent So Planning And Hoping Some Day In The Near Future To Relocate To Chicago Il .

Clau!

I Currently Live In The Finest City San Diego Ca It Beautiful And Weather Well Its Awsome !

But I Have Lived All My Life Her And Want To Experience Something Totally Diffrent So Planning And Hoping Some Day In The Near Future To Relocate To Chicago Il .

Clau!

Can't wait to see San Diego Claud! :rose:

Chicago is like 5 hours from me! Woo hooo....lol... :D

I have lived in:

Colorado

Texas

Southern California

I am moving to Oregon in 2 weeks and I'm very excited.

I liked Colorado, but moved after my parents divorced. I don't miss being bitterly cold in the winter, but I do miss the autumn there.

We moved to Burbank, which I hated.

Then we moved to Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth) area, and I liked it better than burbank, but it never became anything special to me.

Then we moved to Ventura County CA, which got REALLY HOT. Then we moved to Redondo Beach CA, which is near LAX. It's not too bad here, but the prices for living are ridiculous.

Oregon has a beautiful autumn, even though it rains all the time. My husband is from Washington state, so this is more like where he's from. It's also closer to his family, who is still in WA, which is part of why we are moving.

Other than Oregon right now, I can't think of another place I'd like to be more.

well if you move to S. Oregon maybe you can help me get a local lap-band support group started. :)

Someplace with naked women on the beaches...:heh:

I have always liked Alaska though, would love to live there.

Again, good taste.... there will be at least one more female living in Alaska someday. THAT would be me! I would say that in about 5 years. I will be heading that direction. Hopefully, my glaciers won't be gone by then. Thanks alot energy consuming... globe warming bastards of a human race.

Oh yeah, good taste DerrickM minus the naked women... guess I wouldnt mind them being around, but I don't think I will have that problem to worry about in Alaska either. Unless there are some freaky B$tches up north! haha -- My odds are pretty good with the guys up that way 9so i hear) I might have to join myself up in that PolarBear club!

I've lived in Texas all my life and I love it here....except for the brutal summers. Ideally, I'd like to have a summer place in Colorado. I just love it there, but no way I could handle the snow in winter.

What part of the state do you live in - This is my 1st contact on the group, I just registered today and I did a search to see if I could locate banders in WA. I live in the Okanogan valley, raise miniature horses and we definately have 4 seasons and snow in the winter. Best of luck and maybe we will be chatting in the future. Lynn aka Mini Whiny

Southern California, hands down. I've travelled all over the world and keep looking for another place that I could live in (I don't much care for the politics and traffic here), but nothing matches up to the weather. Temperate all year round, perfect humidity, and if you're smart enough to avoid the areas with fires and mudslides, no real issue with cylical natural disasters

Out of the US, the only places I've found that were a possibility are Gibraltar and Naples (Italy).