Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey Gillian,

Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Just want to wish you all the very best for your operation. You are in very capable hands with Dr Chris and his team. I really can't sing their praises highly enough.

As for me, I'm on the mushy stage now. Eating lots of mash, tuna, custard, jelly and carrot and turnip etc. Have even started to eat doritos/tortilla chips and a bit of rice, although not everyone can manage this and a lot of people can't have this after they start getting their fills.

Whilst I can still eat quite a bit, I am definitely eating less than I could previously. I also definitely have to eat slower, because I can feel the food travelling through my insides and if I put too much in my mouth and swallow it too quickly, it hurts.

Also, I've noticed I always try to fill my mouth too quickly when I eat finger foods, so now I understand why finger foods are not recommended.

I felt quite restricted for the first few days after surgery and I think this might have been because I had pre-menstrual bloating. I thought I would have been due on around the day of my surgery, but luckily my body held out until a few days after the op.

I lost a stone, but I've put a few pounds back on. I've heard that this can happen as you can start to introduce more foods and in the run up to getting your first fill, so I'm not too concerned, although I have eaten quite a bit of chocolate which won't help!!

I've got my first fill booked for 12 Feb and I can't wait. It's in Manchester and it's costing me £90.00.

Just a quick question for everyone, how many of you use Facebook?

I have just started a group called 'Gastric Band Patients of Dr Christiaan de Bruyne' if anyone is interested in joining it. If you search for that group, it should come up and anyone can join.

It would mean that we can start loads of different discussion topics in one area, rather than having one really long discussion about everything on here.

Anyhow, hope everyone's well and will pop back on here again soon.

Miss Flump x

Hi Miss Flump, glad all appears to be going well for you. You aren't going to desert us now for Facebook are you (two-timer)?! Not sure if I will be able to 'work' Facebook, it is one of those new fangled things that I'm probably too old for and be a bit scary for me! Will give it a go though when I get a spare few minutes.

One question I have for the recently banded is whether you are able to use your mobile phone in the hospital? I know that you are now able to do this in UK hospitals but not sure of the rules in Belgium. Grateful if someone could advise me about that? Thanks, bigsister x

Hi Miss Flump, glad all appears to be going well for you. You aren't going to desert us now for Facebook are you (two-timer)?! Not sure if I will be able to 'work' Facebook, it is one of those new fangled things that I'm probably too old for and be a bit scary for me! Will give it a go though when I get a spare few minutes.

One question I have for the recently banded is whether you are able to use your mobile phone in the hospital? I know that you are now able to do this in UK hospitals but not sure of the rules in Belgium. Grateful if someone could advise me about that? Thanks, bigsister x

Hiya Bigsis,

You should be fine with your mobile. I didn't see any posters or signs up and both me and Tropical Lagoon used ours and no one said anything.

As for the Facebook thing, it's not that scary honest! I'm a total luddite where technology is concerned and I get my boyfriend to help me.

It's very similar to signing up for this forum, but with a dedicated group for Dr Chris's patients where we can have lots of different topics running at the same time. Only me and Tropical Lagoon are members at the mo, so there's very little chance of us abandoning the forum just yet!!

Anyhow, give it some thought and any more questions just ask. :tongue2:

MF x x

Edited by Miss Flump

Hey Gillian,

Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Just want to wish you all the very best for your operation. You are in very capable hands with Dr Chris and his team. I really can't sing their praises highly enough.

As for me, I'm on the mushy stage now. Eating lots of mash, tuna, custard, jelly and carrot and turnip etc. Have even started to eat doritos/tortilla chips and a bit of rice, although not everyone can manage this and a lot of people can't have this after they start getting their fills.

Whilst I can still eat quite a bit, I am definitely eating less than I could previously. I also definitely have to eat slower, because I can feel the food travelling through my insides and if I put too much in my mouth and swallow it too quickly, it hurts.

Also, I've noticed I always try to fill my mouth too quickly when I eat finger foods, so now I understand why finger foods are not recommended.

I felt quite restricted for the first few days after surgery and I think this might have been because I had pre-menstrual bloating. I thought I would have been due on around the day of my surgery, but luckily my body held out until a few days after the op.

I lost a stone, but I've put a few pounds back on. I've heard that this can happen as you can start to introduce more foods and in the run up to getting your first fill, so I'm not too concerned, although I have eaten quite a bit of chocolate which won't help!!

I've got my first fill booked for 12 Feb and I can't wait. It's in Manchester and it's costing me £90.00.

Just a quick question for everyone, how many of you use Facebook?

I have just started a group called 'Gastric Band Patients of Dr Christiaan de Bruyne' if anyone is interested in joining it. If you search for that group, it should come up and anyone can join.

It would mean that we can start loads of different discussion topics in one area, rather than having one really long discussion about everything on here.

Anyhow, hope everyone's well and will pop back on here again soon.

Miss Flump x

thanks Miss Flump!..Im sure everything will go great..still bit nervous though!..Glad everything is going well for you, and sure your weight loss will pick up again with your fill in february! Did you fly to charleroi? if so how did you get to hotel?..taxi or train?. also, do you know if there are taxis as early as about 4.30am,? as someone said they had difficulty and was told that there were none that early...we will be returning early on the sunday morning..hope you can help, or someone else can help who has already been?...and thankyou for your good wishes!...Gillian x

:tongue2: anyone help me out with taxi prices from charlerio? i have read anything from 90 euros to 150 euros..but not to get ripped off and ask around outside airport for prices, and agree one first...also, Taxi back early sunday morning..prob have to leave hotel about 4.30am...anyone had any probs with early taxis?..also train, is that easy enough to transfer to your hotel, and how much?...thankyou!..Gillian x

:tongue2: anyone help me out with taxi prices from charlerio? i have read anything from 90 euros to 150 euros..but not to get ripped off and ask around outside airport for prices, and agree one first...also, Taxi back early sunday morning..prob have to leave hotel about 4.30am...anyone had any probs with early taxis?..also train, is that easy enough to transfer to your hotel, and how much?...thankyou!..Gillian x

Taxi is 150 euros from Charderoi airport to campanile as buses don't run at 4.30am however we used charleroitransfer.com and they charge 20 euros each each way and were very reliable it was a small minibus worked out lots cheaper than a taxi. As for the train by the time you have purchased bus tickets from airport to train station then train it works out more expensive than the cost of the transfer and the last train is midnight first train 5am then the bus to the airport so not enough time. However it is easy to find from train station if you choose to use train to get there as u get off train go down stairs and turn right at the bottom of stairs and hotel is on your right

Edited by bytheseaside

Taxi is 150 euros from Charderoi airport to campanile as buses don't run at 4.30am however we used charleroitransfer.com and they charge 20 euros each each way and were very reliable it was a small minibus worked out lots cheaper than a taxi. As for the train by the time you have purchased bus tickets from airport to train station then train it works out more expensive than the cost of the transfer and the last train is midnight first train 5am then the bus to the airport so not enough time. However it is easy to find from train station if you choose to use train to get there as u get off train go down stairs and turn right at the bottom of stairs and hotel is on your right

thanks for that BTS!..i have just looked at the charlerio transfer website and it looks very good, think we will go with that, thanks for info!..but the options are...brussels city, or brussels suburbs, and its a different price for each place..so do you know which it is? i thought it was suburbs, what did you put in? x

The closest airport is Brussels International at Zaventem flight from London Heathrow, (mine) Southampton or manchester by easy jet or flybe I booked with flybi heathrow to brussels for two pleople it cost £145(£70 each) return the taxi run from the airport to the campanile hotel is a 10 min ride. Hope this helps

Thank you Mmm for the info....I'll check Easyjet and Flybe out, though its prolly dearer from Manchester, but that seems the best option.

See you when you're a loser if I dont see you before xxx:thumbup:

Gillian and Big sis, I wouldnt worry too much, I dont think Df Chris is gonna turn you away cos you ate too much, sometimes we have to pig out.

If I dont get a chance to wish you well (again) I hope for you to have a safe trip , op and for everything to go to plan, I certainly will be thinking of all of you.xxxxx

brussels city, or brussels suburbs, and its a different price for each place..so do you know which it is? i thought it was suburbs, what did you put in? x

I looked at the website too and was wondering that???

I'm sorry but i dont like Facebook, they are too damn nosey.

I have my own forum, and am a global moderator on 4 other boards, so dont get much time for FB but I know loads of people that use it.

anyone tell me how much fills are in Bristol please? Tropical Lagoon have you been given a price? thanks in advance:tongue2:

Fills are £90 in Bristol - roll on next week (Thu) lol...

Just a note to wish all those going this week, all the very best. It really is nothing to worry about. I am the biggest wuss on the planet and if you remember I was bricking it before I went too, but all was totally fine. Yes there is pain and discomfort, but you soon recover. I remember giving a note to self on coming round never to do anything like this again, but realise now the ol' cliche 'no pain, no gain' (or loss) is so true in our cases.

For all you waiting with baited breath, I weighed yesterday and lost the 2 lbs I put on and it is now time of the month. Cravings have subsided a bit now, so hopefully back to my porridge for Breakfast, Soup and crisp bakes for lunch and mashed potato, cauli and cheese for tea - yum I hear you all cry, lol. I will also have a yoghurt, jelly, custard pot or some cottage cheese to stave off hunger inbetween if necessary.

Gutted to hear about your flight costs - it cost me and my son over £400 to fly from Cardiff to Brussels International via Amsterdam in December. Just out of interest I'm gonna see how much they would cost now.... So with the crap Euro exchange rate I got (which I notice is creeping back up daily), I would say the whole trip cost me nigh on £5k and that's without the fills Still a few grand short of what it woould be over here I guess. It will be interesting to see the aftercare advice I get from Frederik next week when I see him in Bristol. Fair dos to him, he still replies to my emails, albeit in his own time.

Oh and Curves is going well - went 3 times last week. They told me Sat that as I was missing out the sit-up machine, I would have to do an extra go on 3 other machines, lol.

Anyway, chin up, pop a smile on and be ready to face all that's heading your way - you can do it cos if I can, anyone can. Good luck :thumbdown:

thanks for that BTS!..i have just looked at the charlerio transfer website and it looks very good, think we will go with that, thanks for info!..but the options are...brussels city, or brussels suburbs, and its a different price for each place..so do you know which it is? i thought it was suburbs, what did you put in? x

hi there yes it is suburbs sorry forgot to mention that!!

Just a note to wish all those going this week, all the very best. It really is nothing to worry about. I am the biggest wuss on the planet and if you remember I was bricking it before I went too, but all was totally fine. Yes there is pain and discomfort, but you soon recover. I remember giving a note to self on coming round never to do anything like this again, but realise now the ol' cliche 'no pain, no gain' (or loss) is so true in our cases.

For all you waiting with baited breath, I weighed yesterday and lost the 2 lbs I put on and it is now time of the month. Cravings have subsided a bit now, so hopefully back to my porridge for breakfast, Soup and crisp bakes for lunch and mashed potato, cauli and cheese for tea - yum I hear you all cry, lol. I will also have a yoghurt, jelly, custard pot or some cottage cheese to stave off hunger inbetween if necessary.

Gutted to hear about your flight costs - it cost me and my son over £400 to fly from Cardiff to Brussels International via Amsterdam in December. Just out of interest I'm gonna see how much they would cost now.... So with the crap Euro exchange rate I got (which I notice is creeping back up daily), I would say the whole trip cost me nigh on £5k and that's without the fills Still a few grand short of what it woould be over here I guess. It will be interesting to see the aftercare advice I get from Frederik next week when I see him in Bristol. Fair dos to him, he still replies to my emails, albeit in his own time.

Oh and Curves is going well - went 3 times last week. They told me Sat that as I was missing out the sit-up machine, I would have to do an extra go on 3 other machines, lol.

Anyway, chin up, pop a smile on and be ready to face all that's heading your way - you can do it cos if I can, anyone can. Good luck :thumbdown:

Thanks TL, you are doing really well, particularly impressed with your dedication to the exercise class - well done! Hope that we are able to give something back to the forum shortly in terms of experience/answering questions and that it will be half as valuable as the info etc you & Miss Flump have recently posted. Although, I think you have given such a comprehensive & informative step by step guide that I don't think there's anything left for us to report on actually! Thanks again, bigsis x

Hi Wishfull - How's your diet going? Don't you worry I'm sure Dr Chris has seen his fair share of well nourished people (to put it politely!!) and I'm probably well up there with the best of them:) I would loved to have been there with you three but I'm afraid my husband works away and the earliest he could come with me was for me to have the op on 27th. Good luck and I will be thinking of you next week. T x

Hi TC27 my preop has gone well i havnt cheated.. i was going 2 av my last curry on sat but come down with a sickness bug and ended up with nothing, well except another 1lb gone,yippee. i managed 2 keep a cup a Soup down y/day.. im glad it was this wkend and not next :wub:. id say iv got bwt 5 1/2 - 6 stone 2 lose.goodluck wiv ur preop x :thumbdown: