Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi All

thought I would post since coming back from banding on 30th July. So I am 3 days post op and couldn't believe it when I stood on the scales this morning that I had lost 6.5 lbs since I left. It's awesome. Still swollen but it is starting to go down. So will check inch loss in about 10 days.

Heard some absolute horror stories about other bandsters who hadn't booked direct with Chris & Frederik. Stories that would really set my alarm bells off such as the surgery is confirmed and then cancelled and rescheduled etc. So glad I steered clear of booking with anyone other than Frederik. Offered free fills but these wouldn't be honoured etc

Don't forget that you can book direck with them at www.belgiumsurgeryservices.com

Have a good day.

Edited by MummiesBB

she has been a nightmare through mine ,hassled me to death for money ,which was a right clart on to sort out, then once id paid , she didnt want to know ..... she canceled op with few days notice with some bull shit excuse which i found out when i was over there she has tried with others, just because she hadnt paid surg for op,( then she left me waiting weeks before she sorted out new flights and was quibbling over price , also 1st day i got there , there had been a lady turn up for op and surgoen didnt know anything about it , luckly he did the op anyway ,

People have been turning up for there free fills and dr hasnt already been paid ,

I have never met the women however she told me that she goes to the surgery regulary ......which wasnt true due to her living in france ......... also she advised me that you get a fill during surgery which isnt true ,

Dont get me wrong , when i got there my hotel was booked and surgoen was expecting me , i get the impression these sorts of hastles with tulia are normal ,

my advice is mainly for people who are looking to book from now on ,

i sure you will be fine , however if you are worried email frederick.serneels@ecfs.be direct to check your all booked in correctly , ( he dr c de burghs liason person + one of the nurses )

you will be well looked after by the two of them when your there , they even come out to your hotel to explain everthing to you , which i thought was great , and stressed they deal in patiant / health care and want you to suceed , )

Any questions please feel free to ask while everything still fresh ,

Hi All

thought I would post since coming back from banding on 30th July. So I am 3 days post op and couldn't believe it when I stood on the scales this morning that I had lost 6.5 lbs since I left. It's awesome. Still swollen but it is starting to go down. So will check inch loss in about 10 days.

Heard some absolute horror stories about other bandsters who hadn't booked direct with Chris & Frederik. Stories that would really set my alarm bells off such as the surgery is confirmed and then cancelled and rescheduled etc. So glad I steered clear of booking with anyone other than Frederik. Offered free fills but these wouldn't be honoured etc

Don't forget that you can book direck with them at www.belgiumsurgeryservices.com

Have a good day.

Hi MummiesBB pleased your banding went OK, was the horror stories you refer to have anything to do with Tullia Law?

she has been a nightmare through mine ,hassled me to death for money ,which was a right clart on to sort out, then once id paid , she didnt want to know ..... she canceled op with few days notice with some bull shit excuse which i found out when i was over there she has tried with others, just because she hadnt paid surg for op,( then she left me waiting weeks before she sorted out new flights and was quibbling over price , also 1st day i got there , there had been a lady turn up for op and surgoen didnt know anything about it , luckly he did the op anyway ,

People have been turning up for there free fills and dr hasnt already been paid ,

I have never met the women however she told me that she goes to the surgery regulary ......which wasnt true due to her living in france ......... also she advised me that you get a fill during surgery which isnt true ,

Dont get me wrong , when i got there my hotel was booked and surgoen was expecting me , i get the impression these sorts of hastles with tulia are normal ,

i sure you will be fine , however if you are worried email frederick.serneels@ecfs.be direct to check your all booked in correctly , ( he dr c de burghs liason person + one of the nurses )

you will be well looked after by the two of them when your there , they even come out to your hotel to explain everthing to you , which i thought was great , and stressed they deal in patiant / health care and want you to suceed , )

Hi Pearce when did you book with her? she cancelled my first op one week before with the excuse holidays, when I challenged her on it she refered me to there terms and conditions. I just hope everything goes OK Friday.

i wouldnt kill your self on the pre op diet , aslong as your eating low fat stuff you be fine , chris isnt that bothered about you losing weight before surgery ,so have plenty of the low fat stuff , chicken etc , i had pizza hut mon, birthday cake tues, then had lasange and chips nights before, dont forget you got to give your self a little treat before you go .......

As for afterwards !!!!!! get your self a good protien shake form either herblite (which mumbies could adv) of something like feed n lean lonsdale, or one of other weight managment shakes on the market , look at the sports stuff , as they contain full amount of Protein which will keep you full ( but get the one thats say they are a Meal Replacement for weight loss ,this will ensure you dont pick the wrong ones, as apose to those slim fast shakes which basically DONT !!!!

Also you can have yogurts + dutch crakers + Soup , so it aint all that bad in the liquid stage ,

radley ring +320472019091 frederick serneels to chek if your worried ...... yea i booked with her , and promised myself i would warn everyone about her , shoukld be ok now that dr chris has his own website now, he didnt have one when i booked ,

wow wannabe thats good!! less then a week. do you feel hungry after being banded?

i dont feel hungry at all laila and plus i think cause you know you have somthing there your more careful of what u put into your mouth lol,you will be fine,peep's who have booked with tulia dont worry you should be3 ok but she is a useless bully i personally dont like her cause she tried to bully me for money and i told her to f... off lol,she messes thing's up and the 2 who are going with her make sure your booked into hotel night after surgery also:rolleyes2:

Hi Pearce my story is exactly the same as yours, I have just rang the hotel and they have my booking - so hopefully everything should be OK. If you challenge Tullia she refers you to there terms and conditions. I even contacted a solicitor to see what I could do, not alot I would have to go through a French solicitor. Did not want to say anything on here until after I had the op.

radley ring +320472019091 frederick serneels to chek if your worried ...... yea i booked with her , and promised myself i would warn everyone about her , shoukld be ok now that dr chris has his own website now, he didnt have one when i booked ,

Hi Pearce I rang him before thats how I found out the holiday excuse was a lie, she found out and went balistic at me. In there terms and conditions you are not allowed to contact anybody from the hospital if you do then they can keep all your money.

Hi Guys

Now 4 days since I had my 3rd fill and fingers crossed it should keep me going for a while. Had soft foods for a few days but managed some chicken and veg today.

Word of advise to all new bandsters, try and change your eating habits quick - slow slow slow, small bites and put fork down between bites - I am learning the hard way - always been a quick eater and now if I even try and swallow one mouthfull too quick it sticks and I have to make myself sick - not pleasant

Weight is coming off slowly but surely and should hopefully now see a real boost

Kerry xx

Banded 12th March 2010

weight.png

if your booked at hotel chuck, sounds like your fine , hope you can join our mission when you get back to make people aware of what shes like ............ good luck with op, you will be fine ....... im so pleased ive done it ..... had ALOT OF 2ND THOUGHTS when i was there , but they were laid to rest be DR cdb and frederick and there proffesionalism . give me a shout if you have any questions ........

I am going to be banded on the 14th Sept, and was just wanting to ask a couple of things. Firstly do you have to get stitches taken out when you come back or do they disolve? Also i work as a hairdresser and i've only taken a week off after the op, do you think this will be enough time? Would also like to say i big congratulations to all the ones that's newly been banded, it's encouraging to hear such positive feedback! xx

Hi Lou La

I was off work for a week, however after being home for 2 days I would happily have went back cos I was bored. I didnt really have any pain apart from the gas which I would have suffered from no matter where I was

I made an appointment with my practice nurse when I got home to check my wounds and change the dressings and also to advise of date for stitches removal - they were fab with me and really helpful

Are you excited about going now? I can imagine the range of emotion you are going through as we have all been there.

I have now lost 30lbs in total since my op in March - slower than I thought it would be but a step in the right direction.

Good luck

Kerry xx

Hi Lou La

I was off work for a week, however after being home for 2 days I would happily have went back cos I was bored. I didnt really have any pain apart from the gas which I would have suffered from no matter where I was

I made an appointment with my practice nurse when I got home to check my wounds and change the dressings and also to advise of date for stitches removal - they were fab with me and really helpful

Are you excited about going now? I can imagine the range of emotion you are going through as we have all been there.

I have now lost 30lbs in total since my op in March - slower than I thought it would be but a step in the right direction.

Good luck

Kerry xx

That's good to hear! Yeah im really excited but anxious at the same time, as i've not told my family and it's hard keeping it from them. But i know they'd just try and change my mind.

Your progress sounds good to me, is that not about right? Have you had a fill yet? xx

That's good to hear! Yeah im really excited but anxious at the same time, as i've not told my family and it's hard keeping it from them. But i know they'd just try and change my mind.

Your progress sounds good to me, is that not about right? Have you had a fill yet? xx

Hi

Just had 3rd fill done last week and have felt some restriction since then so fingers crossed it will start doing its job now

I am delighted with my progress but I thought it would have been a lot quicker than it has been. Always been impatient...

I only told my parents and daughter before I went but have told a lot more people since coming home and everyone has been great

You will be absolutely fine, the whole thing from start to finish was great and team are very professional

Good luck

Kerry x