Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone Im Janine and new to this but have been considering having a band fitted for sometime. Lovely to hear all your success stories. Can anyone help with some questions as Im feeling a bit lost! I emailed Bridget and have had a reply from her but reading through the forum it seems its cheaper and less hastle to book directly with Dr Chris' office - how do I do this? and do they sort out the hotel/taxi's for you if you book direct?

Also did anyone anyone go to Belgium on their own and is this allowed? my partners not being very supportive of the idea and I dont know who else I could take.

Thank you

Janine

hello, i am booked thought bridget(.europesurgery )she has been really helpful. its the same price and its great being able to just phone someone and she calls back straight away.

i feel really happy i have done this i am already losing weight on the low fat diet, but i feel like i can stick to it because of the operation coming up. it also helps its summer:smile2:

I am booked with bridget europesurgery as well. it was the same price when i booked. i spoke to her for about 1/2 an hour on the phone last week, she is really friendly. it just think its good to have someone here you can talk to.

i have lost weight too. its great, I think the summer does help somehow i feel less hungery. i am soo excited about all of this people seem to be doing really well:tongue2:

I've heard of Dr Marc, I'm sure I spoke to a lady in Manchester fills, she said he was the only surgeon around atm that would fit Bands if you only had a 25 bmi.

She had dieted all her life to stay slim and was sick of it, so he is the fella to see apparently. I remember thinking about my size 12 daughter who has a BMI of 25 and wants a band for the same reason.

Good on Vanessa.

That does not really sound good BMI of 25!! Its a bit low for a gastic band isn't it? I am not sure its right a surgeon should fit someone with that BMI!

Dr Marc, I'm sure I spoke to a lady in Manchester fills, she said he was the only surgeon around atm that would fit Bands if you only had a 25 bmi.'''

That does not seem right a BMI of 25 getting a gstic band ??its like that doctor is not taking it very seroiusly.

I have paid my deposit now and all set to go for surgery

Hello All

Vanessa Feltz went to St Elizabeths in Ghent with Dr Marc Focquet fitted her with a gastric band.

Good that she has been so open about it.

Take care

Claire

That's great it helps the rest of us in the same situation!

Hi everyone Im Janine and new to this but have been considering having a band fitted for sometime. Lovely to hear all your success stories. Can anyone help with some questions as Im feeling a bit lost! I emailed Bridget and have had a reply from her but reading through the forum it seems its cheaper and less hastle to book directly with Dr Chris' office - how do I do this? and do they sort out the hotel/taxi's for you if you book direct?

Also did anyone anyone go to Belgium on their own and is this allowed? my partners not being very supportive of the idea and I dont know who else I could take.

Thank you

Janine

hi janninne im booked direct with dr chris,and all your taxi,hotel and op are included in price you just have to book your own flight or train,he takes a few days to email back but he does it cost me 4150 euro mine was 3500 sterling depending on the euro you email his manager on frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

im paid in full and getting banded on 27th july ps i got told dr chris patients get their surgery first lol good luck:thumbup:

hello, i am booked thought bridget(.europesurgery )she has been really helpful. its the same price and its great being able to just phone someone and she calls back straight away.

i feel really happy i have done this i am already losing weight on the low fat diet, but i feel like i can stick to it because of the operation coming up. it also helps its summer:smile2:

hi happyflower does your 4150 package include all your taxi's and 2 night in hotel as well as surgery?:tt1:

yes it did , great isn't it:) i think he must be one of the cheapest surgeons and the best

been trying to look at when your going but its all fully booked

Janninne i have just read the second half of your post. i think people do go on there own because i asked bridget about it. but if not maybe try and pair up with some of the rest of us who are going? it might be a bit stressful i guess on your own. but maybe your a brave women and used to doing stuff on your own?

anyway if i can't go with someone i am just going to go for it its all will worth it;))

yes i tried booking with fredrick but it takes ages for him to get back to you:( and if you wnat to call you have to call abroad and he never free.

i think its better with bridget same price and if your worried you can just talk to someone.

what are you eating? i been trying to be good chicken, salad, fish. boring boring boring!! but i am going to do it i am so determined:rolleyes2:

i know i been on so many low fat diets in my life. i think i can just look at something and know how many calories are in it and how much fat.

i am so so bored of diets!!

you know i think if you did so on your own people would be friendly and i bet you just get talking to people it would all be cool!

i know what you mean about freddy he does take a while to get back to ya lol,it's great there are so many getting done,im gonna be by myself im getting dropped off at hospital then my family are picking me up 3 days later lol,im nervous but i know i will be fine there will be plenty of peeps to talk to im sure lol:wink2:

i bet everyone is friendly. we are all going though this together...its a bit scary really. for me if i am being honest knowing that i will have to give up eating lots of food. i do comfort eat, and its like when your on a diet its you who desides what you eat and if you have had a bad day

WOO HOO - just got into a pair of jeans that I have had for years and never been able to get into - delighted

Not weighed myself but reckon I am almost at the 2 stone point now which is fabulous.

2nd Fill has made a difference and is really limiting what I eat and when but main thing it is taking my focus away from food as not really hungry.

Getting into my dream wedding dress next September is seeming more and more achievable by the day.

Good luck to everyone going off to be banded shortly - I am sure that just like me you will be making the best decision you have ever made

Kerry xx

hey well done you are making all of us feel loads better!you have lost two stone thats fantastic what a great start:smile2:its interesting you start feeling better after the second fill!

what did it feel like at the start?

i bet you look fanastic on your wedding day:smile2: