Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:smile2:Hi everyone...great to hear such good surgery stories isnt it!!.. who is the next on the forum to be banded?...is there anyone being done next week or the week after?..me bigsister and wishfull are being done in 20 days,on the 16th Jan..TC27 is 11 days later I think. sure there was someone before that?!..I am nervous but excited..but the surgery stories over the past week or so have definatly put my mind at rest a lot. and i just cant wait to get it over and done with now! Gillian x
-

Hi Gillian I agree all the recent bandits are doing brill - well done Miss Flump and Tropical Lagoon, it's been great reading your posts. 11 days after you, bigsister and wishfull and I can't wait, although it would be nice to hear that someone is having their band the same day as me. I think it would be great to have someone to talk to in the hospital, apart from my hubby bless him. I have asked TL to kindly send me her band story, so look forward to reading it. I told my Mam today that I have actually booked the op and she said she still disagrees but I think I saw a tiny chink in her armour!! T x

Lol, finsihed first draft and it should be winging its way to you all who's asked for it - enjoy, lol,:) if you stay awake long enough.....

Hi TL!...just read it!..its really good, you have described everything in detail and very honestly...which is what we want really..Its no picnic or no walk in the park youve been on!..Im not put off, but im so glad you have told us even the not so pleasant details, as we wont feel that its abnormal if these things happen to us..its funny how people can react differently to the same surgery, as you and MS did isnt it.. anyway, i bet youre relieved your out the other side now..and i hope you have a great new year...(and a slimmer 41st birthday!) thanks again for sending it me..Gillian x

-

Hi Gillian I agree all the recent bandits are doing brill - well done Miss Flump and Tropical Lagoon, it's been great reading your posts. 11 days after you, bigsister and wishfull and I can't wait, although it would be nice to hear that someone is having their band the same day as me. I think it would be great to have someone to talk to in the hospital, apart from my hubby bless him. I have asked TL to kindly send me her band story, so look forward to reading it. I told my Mam today that I have actually booked the op and she said she still disagrees but I think I saw a tiny chink in her armour!! T x

Hi TC!..yes arent they doing well!..that will be us soon!..im sure you will find someone on the same day as you..if not on the forum, there is bound to be someone else in your room. i bet some unlucky pre banders havent even joined this forum!!..they dont know what theyre missing do they!. when you get TLs memoirs, you will see its a bit more than we probably imagined,but i am gratefull to her being honest. I just want it over with now.and you have told your mum!!.well done, she will come round im sure..shell just be worried for you..anyway have a great and slimmer new year!! Gillian x

Hi guys

Weighed for the first time this morning and a bit gutted to have only lost 2lbs since this time last week :)

I know they only recommend 2lbs a week as a healthy loss, but compared to everyone else's in the first week or so, mine is nothing. Considering I am still on mainly liquids (soups, sugar free jelly, low fat custard and petit filou) I don't feel too encouraged right now. I don't think I am having any restriction as fluids pass straight through the band don't they?

I'm glad I booked my first fill for 22 Jan in Bristol whilst I was over there as that gives me a glimmer of hope to cling on to.

On the plus points, I only took one painkiller yesterday and have had none today. I'm finding it easier to bend over too and looking forward to another shallow bath later today - hopefully much less painful than the last one.

I can see this is gonna be a longer, harder journey than everyone thinks - my students will have expected me to have lost a stone by the time I see them in January.

Hope I'm just the odd one out as far as loss is concerned. I do have over 5 stone to lose. Comments like 'ah well the slower you lose it the longer it will stay off' don't help either, as I pile the pounds on quicker than spontaneous combustion. Last year with a healthy eating plan and gruelling gym workouts 3 times a week, I lost a stone and a half in 5 months and put it all back on in less than a month. Lets see how the weight loss goes this year eh....

Sorry to go on about it, but if I can't share my thoughts with you guys all in the same boat as me, who can I eh? lol

TL

Hi TL - keep your chin up flower. I'm sure the people that have already had their band fitted will know exactly how you are feeling and it is great to have somewhere to get advice and share your feelings - good and bad. I am just like you and it takes me forever to lose a pound, no matter how hard I try ( I think it's an age thing with me as it never used to be this hard, but that might just be seen as an excuse by some). I also have just over 5 stones to lose and I'm sure in 2009 we will both see a big difference, even if it takes a while to get to target. Roll on 27th Jan for me! Take care. T x

Hi TC!..yes arent they doing well!..that will be us soon!..im sure you will find someone on the same day as you..if not on the forum, there is bound to be someone else in your room. i bet some unlucky pre banders havent even joined this forum!!..they dont know what theyre missing do they!. when you get TLs memoirs, you will see its a bit more than we probably imagined,but i am gratefull to her being honest. I just want it over with now.and you have told your mum!!.well done, she will come round im sure..shell just be worried for you..anyway have a great and slimmer new year!! Gillian x

Yes, one down and one to go. I'm going to try and get an appointment with my GP on Monday. I think it's best I do it before I have my band fitted, hopefully she will be as understanding as yours was. I will let you know how I get on. Thank you for being so upbeat about everything you along with the other members really keep me motivated. I hope you and everyone else on here has a great New Year. Roll on for a slimmer 2009 for us all. T x

Hey Tropical Lagon i think u shoul post ur story on here imagine how helpful it would be to people who just read the forum and dont post or dont like asking u for it i know i would of really appreciated it if someone had posted before i had my op i thought about putting my story up but not great at putting things together lol

Hey Tropical Lagon i think u shoul post ur story on here imagine how helpful it would be to people who just read the forum and dont post or dont like asking u for it i know i would of really appreciated it if someone had posted before i had my op i thought about putting my story up but not great at putting things together lol

Well it turned out to be almost 13 pages so wouldn't have fitted on a posting on here. I could try to work how how to save it as a web page and provide a link I suppose...... any ideas anyone?:wink2:

Hi TC, our Mum (mine & gillian's) seemed to be all for our surgery, we didn't need to convince her it was the right thing for us - I think it's because once we are banded, her shopping bill will halve as we will not be raiding her fridge and pantry like vultures! In fact, I'm surprised she didn't suggest it before we thought of it!

Many thanks to TLagoon for the e-mail of her experience as echoed by everyone else who has received it - think we will all nominate you for the forum's award for 2008 - it was full of useful and much needed info, a great support reference. Take care everyone and have a fantastic 2009, bigsister x

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely new year with much sucess, Tropical Lagoon could I read your story please, it does sound jam packed with detail. my mail is licia1234@yahoo.com

I've finally managed to have my stitches out today and I'm 1lb under 13st. I'm in the 12's it's feels unspeakably good. yey. Have a fab evening everyone!

Hi tropical lagoon, could you please resend to me at xxxxxxxx, for some reason the e.mail did not come through, looking forward to reading it. Thanks,

Edited by mmm

Hi tropical lagoon, could you please resend to me at maggsdavies@fsmail.net, for some reason the e.mail did not come through, looking forward to reading it. Thanks,

Yes of course, draft 2, slightly amended is on it's way to you and lilykay as we speak.

Oh and a Happy New Year one and all :laugh: x

fab just received it, I'm just going to settle down for a good read, cheers, AND I've just booked my flights heathrow to brussels, its the best I could find travelling from Wales without a flight change HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Hi TC, our Mum (mine & gillian's) seemed to be all for our surgery, we didn't need to convince her it was the right thing for us - I think it's because once we are banded, her shopping bill will halve as we will not be raiding her fridge and pantry like vultures! In fact, I'm surprised she didn't suggest it before we thought of it!

Many thanks to TLagoon for the e-mail of her experience as echoed by everyone else who has received it - think we will all nominate you for the forum's award for 2008 - it was full of useful and much needed info, a great support reference. Take care everyone and have a fantastic 2009, bigsister x

mum did suggest it to me!..she kept me some magazine article to show me..cos i was always on about my weight and diets not working etc and she was watching me get bigger and bigger..mind you, it will save her money me having it done wont it!..I am that fridge raider! I have changed my cash to euros today..and it made a very surprisingly small envelope!..i bet i count it over and over again to make sure!....anyway going up to bigsisters in a bit....so happy new year everyone...its the year of being slimmer for us all! x