Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey you guys,

Anyone there,its the Fox here,ive got 11 days till i go to brussels and ive got millions of questions, is there anyone out there who has already been banded that can give us a blow by blow account of events from pick up at the airport,im feeling very nervous as the time gets closer,my friends are starting to freak me out a wee bit ,they are getting very weepy and one of them asked me if i had written letters for my 2 young sons incase i dont come out of the anaesthetic !!!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!i need all the info i can get to shut them up, its not that they dont think its a good idea, but they are worried,so im told,and now im worried too, not worried enough to cancel though !!

Hey Fox, please dont worry, nothing bad is going to happen to you, Dr Chris and his team are fantastic and you couldnt be in better hands-honest. Any operation carrys a small danger, but over all anaesthetics have come a long way and are safter than ever and as far as I am aware Dr Chris has not lost any of his patients lol. I think its so unfair that your friends should be doing this to you no matter how much they care, its hard enough on you as it is without that sort of support. As most of us have felt the same fears we are right there with you. Its the unknown that causes the fear but the benifits far outweigh them and you will be up and about within a few days of your op. There will be pain but its managable , I was one of the lucky ones where I was up and about the next day and sight seeing the day after-phew i was so pleased because im not good with pain lol and I was on my own. The only thing that I found painful was the trapped wind in my shoulder but if you can walk around soon after you are sent home try and walk the wind out. I took some apple juice to desolve the pain killers in and it was like having fizzy apple juice lol. I was banded on the 15th October and I am feeling fantastic. I have now lost over a stone and have no regrets at all. So chin up, stop freaking and just keep posting. :cursing:

Hi bytheseaside, hope your feeling better today?..I am going to pack a seperate suitcase full of painkillers now after what you have said!..just to be on the safe side!..has the swelling and bruising on your belly gone down at all yet?.were travelling back on the sunday so i dont suppose those times will be the same for the trains and buses?..ill see if there is an online timetable. well at least you have been through the worst now and things will start looking better for you soon..lets hope so anyway. hope youll be saying that it was all worth it soon!?!..good luck with it anyway..Gillian x

Hi to everyone. User 'gillian' is my younger sister and we are both booked in for 16th January. I haven't yet told my partner I have booked because when I told him I wanted to do it if all went well for gill's procedure, it caused a huge argument, so will be telling him over this weekend (I think!). Still going through with it though. Well done to all who have been doing so well following their band fitted and good luck to those who are shortly travelling for theirs.

hi every1 just to let you know some positive info... despite the pain i got weighed today and i'm 8 days since banding and i've lost a massive 9kg!!!! WOW:tongue2:

hi every1 just to let you know some positive info... despite the pain i got weighed today and i'm 8 days since banding and i've lost a massive 9kg!!!! WOW:tongue2:

WELL DONE!! - that is an excellent weight loss. I would be over the moon with half that amount in 8 days. Keep up the good work. T x

Hi to everyone. User 'gillian' is my younger sister and we are both booked in for 16th January. I haven't yet told my partner I have booked because when I told him I wanted to do it if all went well for gill's procedure, it caused a huge argument, so will be telling him over this weekend (I think!). Still going through with it though. Well done to all who have been doing so well following their band fitted and good luck to those who are shortly travelling for theirs.

Well done bigsister!! like the name!...you will soon be littlersister and i will be littlestsister though...we might even be littler than thinnersister next year!..she wont like that!! shell be booking in for a band too!

well done bytheseaside..thats a massive loss! hope your feeling bit better?! x

WELL DONE!! - that is an excellent weight loss. I would be over the moon with half that amount in 8 days. Keep up the good work. T x

she has done brilliant hasnt she I hope we all do that well...its flying isnt it..well be done before we know it?!..nervous and excited too! x

Hello and welcome!! It will be great for you and Gillian to have each other through the whole process, especally as you are having it done at the same time. I am having my band fitted on 27th January, just after you both, so I will be looking forward to reading your progress reports before I have my op.

My husband was dead set against it when I first mentioned it too, but I wore him down eventually and when he realised how much it meant to me he changed his opinion and is now very supportive. I have had mostly negative responses from the few friends and family I have told, but I know it's just because they care. In the end it's my life and my body and therefore my choice. I haven't been to my GP yet (not as brave as Gillian) and have decided to tell my Mam after I have had it done as she went crazy when I mentioned it. I'm sure your partner will come round when he realises how much you want this (good luck!) T x

OMG bytheseaside,THAT IS F A N T A S T I C,WELL DONE AND THEN SOME,HOPE MINE IS AS FAST AS THAT,IM OFF ON MONDAY TO BELGUIM AND THE ONLY THING I HAVENT GOT SORTED YET IS TRAVEL INSURANCE,CAN YOU TELL ME IF I NEED SPECIAL INSURANCE BECAUSE ITS A TRIP INVOLVING SURGERY, IF SO WHICH ONE DID YOU USE, HOPING TO GET ONE ONLINE, MY HUBBY NEARLY HAVING KITTENS AS THIS IS NOT SORTED YET, SO THE SOONER THE BETER, I SAY, AND MANY MANY CONGRATS FOR THE WHOPPING WEIGHT LOSS,AND I HOPE IM LEAVING MESSAGES LIKE THAT NEXT WEEK MYSELF, REGARDS

THE FOX:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Fox, please dont worry, nothing bad is going to happen to you, Dr Chris and his team are fantastic and you couldnt be in better hands-honest. Any operation carrys a small danger, but over all anaesthetics have come a long way and are safter than ever and as far as I am aware Dr Chris has not lost any of his patients lol. I think its so unfair that your friends should be doing this to you no matter how much they care, its hard enough on you as it is without that sort of support. As most of us have felt the same fears we are right there with you. Its the unknown that causes the fear but the benifits far outweigh them and you will be up and about within a few days of your op. There will be pain but its managable , I was one of the lucky ones where I was up and about the next day and sight seeing the day after-phew i was so pleased because im not good with pain lol and I was on my own. The only thing that I found painful was the trapped wind in my shoulder but if you can walk around soon after you are sent home try and walk the wind out. I took some apple juice to desolve the pain killers in and it was like having fizzy apple juice lol. I was banded on the 15th October and I am feeling fantastic. I have now lost over a stone and have no regrets at all. So chin up, stop freaking and just keep posting. :thumbup:

HEY CHRISSY4

THANKS FOR THAT,TRAVEL INSURANCE, ANY INFO ON THAT ONE,ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER READING IN PREVIOUS POSTS OR HAVING BEEN BANDED RECENTLY ABOUT INSURANCE AND WHAT TYPE I WILL NEED AND WHERE TO BUY:eek:,GOTTA GET IT DONE, OR MY HUBBY WILL PULL OUT, HES STARTING TO GET WORRIED AND AGITATED,AND HES ONLY MY COMPANION,( AS HE HAS THE BODY OF AN ATHLETE !!!):cursing:SO ANY INFO ON THE OLD INSURANCE FRONT WOULD BE VERY WELL RECEIVED AS I ONLY REALLY HAVE TOMORROW TO GET IT SORTED AS IM OFF ON MONDAY ,BANDED ON TUES AND HOME ON THURS,AND HOPING TO BE SITTING HERE AT THE COMPUTER POSTING NOTES ABOUT HOW EASY IT ALL WAS,:girl_hug:

HEY CHRISSY4

THANKS FOR THAT,TRAVEL INSURANCE, ANY INFO ON THAT ONE,ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER READING IN PREVIOUS POSTS OR HAVING BEEN BANDED RECENTLY ABOUT INSURANCE AND WHAT TYPE I WILL NEED AND WHERE TO BUY:eek:,GOTTA GET IT DONE, OR MY HUBBY WILL PULL OUT, HES STARTING TO GET WORRIED AND AGITATED,AND HES ONLY MY COMPANION,( AS HE HAS THE BODY OF AN ATHLETE !!!):cursing:SO ANY INFO ON THE OLD INSURANCE FRONT WOULD BE VERY WELL RECEIVED AS I ONLY REALLY HAVE TOMORROW TO GET IT SORTED AS IM OFF ON MONDAY ,BANDED ON TUES AND HOME ON THURS,AND HOPING TO BE SITTING HERE AT THE COMPUTER POSTING NOTES ABOUT HOW EASY IT ALL WAS,:sad_smile:

Hi fox...good luck with your band!..cant wait to see your first post after!..hope everything goes great, and to plan..Im sure it will!..about insurance..I remember that someone said that they got it through Linda Briggs..who does cosmetic surgery trips abroad herself..its worth a look anyway. I will have a look online and see if I can find anything else, as Well need to sort some also..can imagine it will be quite pricey though as we will be high risk i suppose..I will let you know if i find anything out asap x

Hi fox...good luck with your band!..cant wait to see your first post after!..hope everything goes great, and to plan..Im sure it will!..about insurance..I remember that someone said that they got it through Linda Briggs..who does cosmetic surgery trips abroad herself..its worth a look anyway. I will have a look online and see if I can find anything else, as Well need to sort some also..can imagine it will be quite pricey though as we will be high risk i suppose..I will let you know if i find anything out asap x

Hi fox, just looked on the Linda Briggs site and they do do travel insurance for people travelling abroad for surgery..it is Angelis insurance underwritten by Lloyds.. I have just tried to get a quote myself but for some reason i cant get past the first page so theres a prob somewhere..but you can email her..the address is on the page..or you can phone, the phone number given is.. 0044(0)1354610368. hope you get some response in time..Gillian x

HEY CHRISSY4

THANKS FOR THAT,TRAVEL INSURANCE, ANY INFO ON THAT ONE,ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER READING IN PREVIOUS POSTS OR HAVING BEEN BANDED RECENTLY ABOUT INSURANCE AND WHAT TYPE I WILL NEED AND WHERE TO BUY:eek:,GOTTA GET IT DONE, OR MY HUBBY WILL PULL OUT, HES STARTING TO GET WORRIED AND AGITATED,AND HES ONLY MY COMPANION,( AS HE HAS THE BODY OF AN ATHLETE !!!):cursing:SO ANY INFO ON THE OLD INSURANCE FRONT WOULD BE VERY WELL RECEIVED AS I ONLY REALLY HAVE TOMORROW TO GET IT SORTED AS IM OFF ON MONDAY ,BANDED ON TUES AND HOME ON THURS,AND HOPING TO BE SITTING HERE AT THE COMPUTER POSTING NOTES ABOUT HOW EASY IT ALL WAS,:sad_smile:

Hi Fox. Try www.allcleartreatmentabroad.co.uk. I got a quote a couple of weeks ago and think it was around £28? Good luck with everything, G x

Hi fox, just looked on the Linda Briggs site and they do do travel insurance for people travelling abroad for surgery..it is Angelis insurance underwritten by Lloyds.. I have just tried to get a quote myself but for some reason i cant get past the first page so theres a prob somewhere..but you can email her..the address is on the page..or you can phone, the phone number given is.. 0044(0)1354610368. hope you get some response in time..Gillian x

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THIS IS DRIVING ME COO-COO,:cursing:HAVE SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT TRYING TO GET INSURANCE BUT ON MOST SITES CANT GET PAST THE FIRST PAGE ,SO AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT IVE GIVEN UP,IM ALSO TRYING TO DO IT WITHOUT MY 11 YEAR OLD LEANING OVER MY SHOULDER,COS HE KNOWS SOMETHINGS GOING ON, AND HE KEEPS TRYING TO SNEAK A LOOK AT WHAT IM DOING,AND IVE SPENT MOST OF THE DAYS SHOUTING AT HIM TO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE,AND NOW HES GONE TO BED I FEEL REALLY GUILTY,(THE 5 YEAR OLD CAN BE BOUGHT OFF WITH SOME PLAYSTATION TIME!)

SO TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY OFF TO BRUSSELS AND DONE ON TUES,HOME ON THURS,

I JUST WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICE AND HELP GIVEN ON THE RUN UP TO THE OP,AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE MYSELF AFTER TUES,SO HOPE TO SPEAK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK,I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU, HOPE YOU WILL BE THINKING OF ME,AU REVOIR MES AMIES:rolleyes2::biggrin::wink2:TILL NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!! THE FOX

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THIS IS DRIVING ME COO-COO,:cursing:HAVE SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT TRYING TO GET INSURANCE BUT ON MOST SITES CANT GET PAST THE FIRST PAGE ,SO AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT IVE GIVEN UP,IM ALSO TRYING TO DO IT WITHOUT MY 11 YEAR OLD LEANING OVER MY SHOULDER,COS HE KNOWS SOMETHINGS GOING ON, AND HE KEEPS TRYING TO SNEAK A LOOK AT WHAT IM DOING,AND IVE SPENT MOST OF THE DAYS SHOUTING AT HIM TO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE,AND NOW HES GONE TO BED I FEEL REALLY GUILTY,(THE 5 YEAR OLD CAN BE BOUGHT OFF WITH SOME PLAYSTATION TIME!)

SO TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY OFF TO BRUSSELS AND DONE ON TUES,HOME ON THURS,

I JUST WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICE AND HELP GIVEN ON THE RUN UP TO THE OP,AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE MYSELF AFTER TUES,SO HOPE TO SPEAK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK,I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU, HOPE YOU WILL BE THINKING OF ME,AU REVOIR MES AMIES:rolleyes2::biggrin::wink2:TILL NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!! THE FOX

Good luck !! I'm:tongue2: sure you will be fine and it's definitely worth it in the end remember NO PAIN NO GAIN!! that's what i told myself after the op it got me through it!!