Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Shoes,

Do you think that ur lack of restriction is due to Frederick not giving you sufficient fills or is the lapband failing u?

I'm going to have the op in a weeks time and am going with the wls group for fills in Dub but am just a bit anxious seeing how both u and flirty don't seem to have restriction and/ or are effectively losing weight without any help from the band.

Sara

Cant say I agree with the above, I had exceptional restriction on my 2nd fill and again on my 3rd,and I have them with Chris Deprez of ECFS. He is ACE, he also does fills for other surgeons from Belgium, and at only £80 in Newport, cant fault it.

lol wishful i defo think il have to meet him again he was lovely i noticed him in One Bar and thought he was georgous but didnt think anymore bout him then we were in another bar and he came up to me asking for my number and stuff couldnt believe my luck just duno now when il get back to the pool or newcastle cant plan anything with this surgery

Hey bobo im here im just about back to normal spent the past few days in bed recovering its been one of the roughest wkends so far and it shows in the pics they are awful and i think i look bigger than the pics taken in march even though im bout stone and a half lighter lol ah well only 10 days til i meet my cosmetic surgeon and hopefully within 5wks i could be all done... Oh and i havnt smoked since monday but i think il have to have one im eating like a horse its not funny il never lose weight at this rate!!!

Oh shelly text this morn shes landed in belgium and very nervous she didnt get a chance to get on here before going and just asked me to let u know shes there!!!

Ye it looks a good one.I think your looking realy good in the photos and you have lost so much weight off you face and shoulder area.Did you over indulge with the food or were you a good girl.?

Just a quicky, so nice to meet Teebird and Wishfull 2day, you are both realy nice people. I hope you both got home ok. I went bk to work striaght after my fill, I have no restriction, but saying that it is my 1st. Hope you are both well. Hope to see you both again soon tc mandy x

Just a little enquiry, Tonight when I got home I took the plaster off, were the injection went in to have my fill 2day and it was no were near the port?? was not sure if because I was lay down that the port and the injection were nearer, but when I stand up they look about 3 mile apart, I am now a little worried that he has not put any restriction in the band. soz for the spelling, thanks in advance for the help and advise Mandy xxxxxxxx

hi everyone just thought i would try and pick some brains re the flight process??

flying with BMI from edinburgh and i have to check in online which i will do,will this give me an opportunity to get seats together? but then upon arrival i have to do a bag drop??how easy is that to do?and how soon do you have to arrive and do the bag drop b4 take off?

silly i know?

bump!!

thanks suefee

gary your maybe the man to ask re flying from edinburgh or glasgow, would imagine much the same?

anybody else who has done it much appreciated if you can help?

flirtylass and gorgeous Gary are not around, I wonder why, what ever are they up to together. :)

hahahaha mags unfortunately i have not been up to anything, i was in birmingham for 2 days.

gx

bump!!

thanks suefee

gary your maybe the man to ask re flying from edinburgh or glasgow, would imagine much the same?

anybody else who has done it much appreciated if you can help?

hiya, i went with bmi from glasgow but only had hand luggage so went straight through, i would think like other airlines i have used there will be a desk for bagdrop in the normal checkin hall where you show your pre printed boarding card and then hand in the bag.

Sorry never done it that way with BMI

gx

shoes, you have done fantastic up to now!.i had the same as you and am at 6ml..i remember having restriction on my third fill and it lasted about 2 weeks, i lost well and my appetite was subdued, but it went and i have had 2 fills since..i do have restriction, and suppose i could do better but i do tend to go for the easy foods most of the time which go down easy, instead of proper solids so we feel fuller. its a shame that the "naughty" foods go down very easily isnt it!!. still, i am losing, slower than i could, but i suppose as long as i dont put any back on, it can go slowly!. if i had lost this on a normal diet i would have put it all back on with another stone to boot by now!..so im ok with how its going and cant expect any different. bigsister seemed to be stalling with not much restriction, so wendy did a "fluid challenge" on her, and she now seems to have restriction at 8ml, fingers crossed!.she was feeling like you and flirty too before that.. i had that awfull port pain it took about 2 months or so to go, i couldnt bend even..hope yours goes soon like mine did x

Hi Gillian thanks i think i just siked myself up that i would get restriction this time thats the frustrating thing about the band but i know deep down i would not have lost this much weight on my own all tho i have know restriction i am aware that its there if that makes sense i think part of me is afraid to eat certain things in case it hurts or comes back up so i suppose its working as a detarent for me at the mo because if it was'nt there i know i would be eating everthing and anything and would defo be heavyer, it is the safe way of having fills we just have to be patient like you Gillian i know that this weight wont go back on,port pain has settle a bit gives me a stab out of the blue hope it will go soon lol:smile::)

PS its very hard to stay away from the naughy stuff but we have to keep strong:rolleyes::smile2:

Hi Shoes,

Do you think that ur lack of restriction is due to Frederick not giving you sufficient fills or is the lapband failing u?

I'm going to have the op in a weeks time and am going with the wls group for fills in Dub but am just a bit anxious seeing how both u and flirty don't seem to have restriction and/ or are effectively losing weight without any help from the band.

Sara

Hi Adagiodva, i dont think its due to Fred not giving sufficient fills he has put in what is reccomended by the surgeon its just very frustrating i expected to have some restriction by now but i know everyone is different he also said to me when your lossing weight you also lose weight on your stomach that also makes the band loser i suppose its all part of the journey all tho i have know restriction i am aware its there i think i am to afraid to over eat so mentally its working if that makes sense,the band gave me the kick start i needed because in the first few weeks you cant eat much anyway so you will lose a lot of weight in the begining hope this is of some help to you love i have know regrets having surgery it has giving me the help i needed and i know i will get restriction soon just have to be patient:smile::)

I have to agree with you on that Duck....it does seem a money-making thing, but its supposedly the best way, slowly. I dont really know how true it is though.

My first fill was with freddy boy,then the second one with Michael VDB, and then I had another with Freddy.

I have quite good restriction, and a total of 5 and a half mls in. My band holds between 9 and 11 mls.

Shoes you are so brilliant I cant believe how much you've lost, bloody excellent. Please please tell me what you're eating each day cos I dont eat hardly anything, cant eat a teaplate full of food, but I am stuck, dont seem to be losing any more.

Hi Freckles great to see you have good restriction i eat three meals a day between 1000 to 12000 cals a day its usually cornflakes lunch boiled egg couple of duch bread like what we had in the hosp and a yougurt dinner is just a small portion of what the family are having bit of chicken veg maybe 2 baby potatoes or fish and a bit of salad if i get really hungry at night i have small bowl of cornflakes or a yougurt or some grapes, i have heard you have to eat a certain amount to loss weight maybe your not eating enough i dont have any goodys at the mo dont trust myself i know the goodys go down to easy and if i start i wont stop all tho have a couple of drinks on a sat night mind you only a couple:wub: thats aload lol:smile:

Hey where is everyone. Have you all moved to another site. Its sooo quiet on here. Havent had any responses to my questions I posed a couple of days ago.ie. weight management. J x

hi ladies,

Thanks for the replies. I know that you are right about losing the weight slowly and with restriction being a gradual thing. I suppose when I read about flirty and shoes not having restriction-- mind you they have both done incredibly well without it, I just panicked and wondered if this is the right choice for me. But I know it is!!! I'm having some pre op jitters me thinks, up to two days ago I was full steam ahead and excited about the op, the last few nights I've been awake at night thinking about it!

Sara x

Just a little enquiry, Tonight when I got home I took the plaster off, were the injection went in to have my fill 2day and it was no were near the port?? was not sure if because I was lay down that the port and the injection were nearer, but when I stand up they look about 3 mile apart, I am now a little worried that he has not put any restriction in the band. soz for the spelling, thanks in advance for the help and advise Mandy xxxxxxxx

Hi mandy, dont worry about your port moving, when i got home and took my plaster off i had noticed mine has moved, its about a inch further down and over too the left, my other fill injections were next too my port scar, i think its to do with the weight loss. It did take him a little longer to find it this time. Im sure once you start eating you will feel the restriction.

Iy was lovely to meet you and tee-bird and a couple of others and hope they join us on here x

lol wishful i defo think il have to meet him again he was lovely i noticed him in One Bar and thought he was georgous but didnt think anymore bout him then we were in another bar and he came up to me asking for my number and stuff couldnt believe my luck just duno now when il get back to the pool or newcastle cant plan anything with this surgery

U shud see if he can come too see you x